Rangers squad

nvager

I think it's good enough and big enough, but I doubt we'll finish off in style or that's just my interepration of what you mean by style! :pipehorse:

Irrespective of what happens between now and the end of the season I am proud of what Rangers have achieved this season as it's far better already than what was probably expected. And yes I'm getting greedy like everyone else because of the improvements we've made in such a short space of time.

Of course it is but I couldnt care less about style- just get it won!

Agree with PIB. This season has made us proud again and the healing process after PLG has been quick and painless thanks to the new regime. We are far from the finished article, which is even better as that suggests there is a lot more to come from these boys. Good times ahead.

Mcgreggor

Broadfoot Ceullar Papac Whittaker

Burke Thomson Davis Mcculloch

Boyd Novo

Alexander

Whittaker Weir Webster Smith

Naismith Ferguson Hemdani Adam

Cousin Darcheville

Mcgreggor

Daily Ceullar Weir Whittaker

Davis Ferguson Thomson Gow

Buffel

Boyd

theres plenty of options

If Buffel couldn't make the bench for the first game V Partick, he's not gonna for the replay.

As for scope and quality, well, it's a strong team with a winning mentality.

At times, that's even more important than being 'good'.

I think we have enough depth to challenge on the remaining three fronts. However, if we were to lose Cueller, Barry, Davis or even Davie Weir we may struggle. We've seen already what happens when Barry doesn't play (4-2 Hearts, 1-1 Partick), Davis adds quality to the middle of the park, and Cuellar and Weir have been phenomenal this season. We don't really have acceptable cover at centre half should either of the two get injured. Webster is struggling for fitness, and I'm unsure how well Papac and Dailly could cover.

If everyone stays fit, I reckon the treble should be secured. The UEFA cup requires a bit more luck, but I have a feeling we may do it. Green and white hoops next, then the obstacle of Fiorentina/PSV, before sticking it to Bayern and getting our own back for 99/00 and Michael Mols. 'Mon the Gers, :rangers:

That is the $64,000 question we all hope is answered in the affirmative.

The truthful answer is we just dont know, as this squad has not been there and done it before. Only Ferguson and Novo have played an active role in a title winning side, (although Buffel played a part in 2004-05 but cannot get into the team this year and Burke has a championship medal for 2004-05 although only played in about a third of the games), and although we have a lot of experienced players, they dont have a title between them.

Most of us would expect us to go on to the Scottish cup final, given the quality of the opposition in the next 2 games, and the victory we would all crave against probably the sheep may well depend on how we have fared in the other 2 competitions. If we have successfully regained the title we should go on to make the treble, however if we somehow blow the league (we will probably know more after sundays trip to tannadice) we could also run out of gas in the SC Final.

Europe is of course the big unknown. If we had drawn Sporting Lisbon in either the CL qualifiers or group stages or the UEFA cup last 32 or last 16, I believe we would be confident of progress. However it is the fact that it is a QF that cranks up the nerves a bit more. Knowing a SF match against either PSV or Fiorentina is waiting (both tough opposition but not unbeatable) and knowing that we have already beaten Red Star, Stuttgart, Lyon, Pana and Bremen this season, we know we are capable of getting to the UEFA cup final. Wether we do so or not brings us back to your original question, but it is certainly going to be exciting times, and the feeling is growing all the time that this could just be the season us bears under 40 (too young to have been in Barca '72) have been dreaming of all our lives.