Colin Hendry

I was about 16 when Hendry played for us and I can't really remeber why we let him go. I think he was only with us for abvout a season and a half and didn't have many, if any, bad games. I know he was getting on a bit but surely he could have stayed a few more years. Can anyone remember why he left?

Murray signed him to appease the media criticism of us buying foreign players. Dick did not like him humping long balls and hooked him for doing so a few times.

I never thought he waa as good as people made out as I hate defenders, especially central defenders, who go to ground when tackling and end up unable to recover when the ball is lost.

He turned slower than the QE2. Advocaat thought he was too slow for the team he was building for Europe and he was right.

I loved big Colin playing for Scotland but it was never goign to work at Rangers.

He was tool old, too limited and too slow for us.

Advocaat wanted a player at CB with lots more to offer.

as I remember, Advocaat also wanted to build his defence around Amoruso rather than Hendry, given Colin was well into his 30's by the time he arrived at Ibrox.

Yes. As I said, he wanted someone with more to offer.

Hendry was an awful passer o the ball and couldnt shoot for toffee.