Broadfoot

I'd like to point out I am not a relative of Kirk Broadfoot :D

I do think he gets a hard time on here, and from other supporters. He's a decent tackler, provides height in the box, and though his overlapping runs are not Huttonesque, he does offer a counter attacking option. In my view, had Broadfoot played we probably wouldn't have conceded one, and possible two of the goals given away today.

As I've said in previous posts, he's a player developing week in, and week out, and I for one want him back in for Thursday.

Am I alone in thinking he should be back in the team

I do think he gets a hard time on here, and from other supporters. He's a decent tackler, provides height in the box, and though his overlapping runs are not Huttonesque, he does offer a counter attacking option. In my view, had Broadfoot played we probably wouldn't have conceded one, and possible two of the goals given away today.

As I've said in previous posts, he's a player developing week in, and week out, and I for one want him back in for Thursday.

No, you're not alone.

That game was crying out for someone to push up the right-wing.

Dailly just didn't want to try it or was told not to.

Broadfoot might not be the most elegant player but he's quick and poses a threat on that side.

He's also a brilliant defender. Maybe Walter thought he needed a rest though.

The fans in the stand by McShagger were all screaming at Whittaker to get stuck in but too often he stood back inviting crosses. For me it would have been a stronger back 4 with Broadfoot in.

lol @ saying kirk is quick... the guys slower than a week in the jail.

daily had his spot coverd.

I think today proved Broadfoot is the best current option at right back, not once did anyone overlap neither Dailly or Whittaker.

I felt we missed Broadfoot today (tu)

Always there for a pass, always athleticly up and down the park making himself available for passing and crossing.

He does his best, people forget he's playing out of positioning

KB for RB on Thursday (tu)

I felt we missed Broadfoot today (tu)

Always there for a pass, always athleticly up and down the park making himself available for passing and crossing.

He does his best, people forget he's playing out of positioning

KB for RB on Thursday (tu)

I agree! Dailly is great for the defencive duties, but we missed the forward runs and support down that side.

We missed Kirk as much as i miss a boil on ma arse

We missed Kirk as much as i miss a boil on ma arse

Nice image :3375:

Watched the game again, and there's no doubt we missed his height in the box and his tackling. Whittaker just doesn't have the defensive qualities that Broadfoot brings to the team, and to be honest, doesn't have the offensive qualities either.

First to admit that Kirk had a mare on Thursday, but he's a young guy learning his trade at a much higher level, and he seems to be able to learn as he goes along - much more that Whittaker so far.

Kirk back in the team and a clean sheet, two or three dodgy moments of course, and a cracking long field ball that started the move that led to the first goal.

I think the big fella is a diamond in the rough.

Absolutely feckin delighted for him tonight :yes:

Kirk back in the team and a clean sheet, two or three dodgy moments of course, and a cracking long field ball that started the move that led to the first goal.

I think the big fella is a diamond in the rough.

Absolutely feckin delighted for him tonight :yes:

A couple of rubbish passes, but once agai n wore his heart on his sleeve. Excellent performance and his doubters can't take that away from him.