Smith seems happy with todays result!?

CSta

Rangers manager Walter Smith expressed relief after his side rescued a point against Dundee United at Tannadice despite some slack defending.

Speaking after the 3-3 draw, he told BBC Sport: "There're a lot of people talking about Rangers being tired - except Rangers.

"We've never said that, only that we want to get through our games without too many injuries.

"It took us time to get started today, but second half we created more."

Smith said his side were not winning games easily, as the other teams in the SPL wanted to beat the Old Firm.

"Rangers and Celtic have always got to play extremely well to overcome any of the teams that they play," he said.

"Today was no exception. We wanted a win but in all fairness, we couldn't argue with the result. "Dundee United played well today and we had to work extremely hard to match them."

What's he on? I know we've been playing a lot of games recently, and we're doing great in the league, but we should really be beating Dundee UTD. He makes them sound like Barca!

i think hes more happy that we were able to come back 3 times and get the point despite playing so badly. Dundee utd arent a bad side and we always seem to struggle against them so a point isnt the end of the world. I'm sure like the rest of us hes still a bit disappointed we didnt get the win that would have cranked up the pressure on celtic.

It took us time to get started today

Why Walter, especially after yesterday's result and what this game meant?

Was it because you got the personnel and formation wrong?

If the score had been 3-0 to us, then 3-3 I would have been dissapointed, but after going down 3 times I'm pretty relieved at this result too. We are in a better position than we were last week.

Walter always praises the opposition to the high heavens pre and post match!

He's a clever man. ;)

I don't think he's happy about the draw, he's happy that we came back 3 times to get this draw against a good side.

this league is not won by a long way.

Very true!

I'm also disappointed we didn't win today but taking one point more than them still makes this weekend a good one for me. :)

Smith has every right to be delighted by the result. We were very fortunate to get a point today.

We have no pre-ordained right to be winning every match, i certainly thought Dundee Utd played a very good passing game , better than us by a long way, they were very easy on the eye to watch and to dismiss them as teams "we should be beating" is unfair & disrespectful, certainly Celtic will strggle badly when they meet.

Our closest rivals lost & we drew, that's one more point that we didn't have yesterday.

Lets be realistic - we saw how hard it was to win the CIS Cup at Hampden AND we got beat last time out at Tannadice, so it was always going to be a real hard task today. Given that the draw today was not that bad, especially been down a goal three times.

Still think our biggest mistake today was playing Whittaker!

Smith has every right to be delighted by the result. We were very fortunate to get a point today.

We have no pre-ordained right to be winning every match, i certainly thought Dundee Utd played a very good passing game , better than us by a long way, they were very easy on the eye to watch and to dismiss them as teams "we should be beating" is unfair & disrespectful, certainly Celtic will strggle badly when they meet.

Our closest rivals lost & we drew, that's one more point that we didn't have yesterday.

Agreed. It was a pretty even game and to be honest I think some fans expect too much given the level of games we've played lately. United were determined to win to catch Motherwell so it was always going to be a tight game. We are still in a terrific position in all competitions :rangers:

Im happy with a point.

Better than losing. everytime they got a corner or a free kick i was shittin maself haha. the box looked so congested and i just thought they were gna score everytime they got a corner or a long throw. :unsure:

a point at tannadice is good.

disappointing that with them slipping up yesterday we couldn't get all three points. But we came back three times and got a point at the end. Better than it could have been.

Utd are a really good side, and they seem to be our bogey team these days so I was happy with the point, especially after going behind 3 times. The tims got 0 points this weekend, we got 1, good weekend in my opinion.

:rangers:

Thats it just keep equalling or bettering their results and No 52 is ours!