***The Official Rangers v St. Johnstone Thread***

Muff

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------------------------------------------McGregor---------------------------------------------------------------

Broadfoot------------------------------------------Cuellar--------------Webster----------------------------------------------Smith

-----------------------------------------------------Ferguson-------------Thomson---------------------------------------------------

Burke-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Naismith

----------------------------------------------------Boyd-------------------Novo-------------------------------------------------------

Rangers 4-0 St.Johnstone

FGS : Novo

OGS :

Novo

Boyd

Burke

I want revenge from these scumbags , C'MON THE RANGERS

:rangers:

I don't see us steamrolling St. Johnstone. We couldn't do it to Partick and the Perth mob are a much better all-round side than them. I can see Walter playing 4-4-2 though, with Boyd and probably Novo starting up front. Given Allys comments maybe Buffel will start, but more likely a place on the bench for him.

I'd like to see:-

----------------------Alexander-----------------

Broadfoot------Cuellar------Papac------Smith

Burke---------------Thomson------------Davis

------------------------Buffel--------------------

----------Cousin----------------Novo-----------

I think Walter may field:-

-------------------Alexander--------------------

Broadfoot------Cuellar------Dailly------Papac

Whittaker----Ferguson----Thomson----Davis

------------Boyd--------------Novo-------------

Whatever selection we put onto the park, we should still win with a little to spare. Rangers 2 - 0 St. Johnstone

:rangers::rangers::rangers:

-------------------------Alexander------------------------------

----Whittaker--------Cuellar-----Daily----------Smith--------

---Burke-------------Thommo----Davis---------Naismith-----

-----------------------Boyd---------Novo-----------------------

Thats what i was thinking, except Barry infor Davis, as Barry will miss Fiorentina, and will obviously have a rest before Celtic. I think Davis will not play as he'll have to play in both the Fiorentina and Celtic games, and play a very important role without Thomson and some of the other players.

Might even see Cousin instead of Novo, as i expect Nacho to play against Fiorentina and Celtic. Very difficult to be sure because of the injury complications.

I agree with you, Cousin has to play tomorrow. As much as I think Novo is ace we need Cousin's strength up front for this game.

Partly due to me being still pished, and therefore feeling unduly optimistic, I forecast a spectacular rout today. :D

9 - 0, with Novo getting 4 and Derek McInnes coming on in the last minute to score a 40-yard OG.

Don't say it can't happen.

"Hic!"

:drunksasdsa:

Any news on the line-up yet?

Alexander

Whittaker Cuellar Dailly Smith

Burke Hemdani Thomson Naismith

Novo Cousin

Is that official, (source?!) or just what you would like to see? TBH would be happy with team if it was official

i knew it, smith would play, he's going to play against the italians or the tims.

I can't remember if you agreed with me at the time of not, but I remember saying that as soon as Smith got anywhere near match fitness, he'd be in the team.

Seems that's how it's going to be, and I'm glad.

If it means Broadfoot's not getting anywhere near the pitch, I'm all for it, as harsh as that is (tu)

Alexander

Novo Cousin

Is that official, (source?!) or just what you would like to see? TBH would be happy with team if it was official

Yip, that's the team mate. Heard it on Radio Scotland.

Alexander

Novo Cousin

Yip, that's the team mate. Heard it on Radio Scotland.

Brill!

4-0 shouldn't be too far off.

McCoist will be directing operations from the dugout, with Smith having taken a back seat for Scottish Cup matches. The Rangers assistant manager explained the mechanics of his more prominent role in the competition. "When we pick the team for a league game, we all pick it and Walter has the final say. Although I'm handling the media and the team talks for the Scottish Cup, Walter is the manager. I would be foolish not to ask him advice on the team, no matter if he gives me permission to pick it."

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2377219

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...n_start_now.php

Good on ye Coisty (tu)

Eight Changes For Semi Final

WALTER SMITH has made several changes to the team that faced Celtic in midweek with injury and suspension playing a part in his decision to rotate the squad.

Eight players that featured in Wednesday's Old Firm clash have dropped out with Allan McGregor and Lee McCulloch succumbing to injury and Davie Weir suspended.

Captain Barry Ferguson is also given a break from the action along with fellow midfielder Steven Davis.

Kirk Broadfoot and Sasa Papac drop out of a defence that sees only Carlos Cuellar retain his place.

Stevie Smith comes in to the side at left back to build on his 90 minutes against Partick Thistle last weekend.

Christian Dailly and Steven Whittaker filling the other defensive positions.

Jean Claude Darcheville will also sit out the meeting with St Johnstone with Daniel Cousin and midweek goalscorer Nacho Novo taking up the forward roles.

Kevin Thomson returns to the starting line up after missing the Parkhead match through suspension and will partner Brahim Hemdani in the middle of the park after the Algerian recovered from a virus.

Kris Boyd is suffering from food poisoning and will not take a place in the squad.

RANGERS: Alexander; Whittaker, Cuellar, Dailly, Smith; Burke, Hemdani, Thomson, Naismith; Novo, Cousin.

Subs: Smith, Broadfoot, Davis, Buffel, McMillan.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1293973,00.html