Players you liked

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makhtar N'Diaye. Not wrong to release him but I think he should of been given another chance after the game against Belgrade. I thought he had a decent game considering it was his first game. Looked good on the ball, sprayed some good passes about, worked hard and absolutely thundered into challenges.

Forgot all about him.

I made a post on another forum regarding those same points.

Perhaps he was a little lightweight but his passing and technique was exceptional.

I didn't think he was any more lightweight than the likes of Stanger, Sionko, Svensson, Buffel who all played that night.

I was at the game he played in, and he was the best player on the park!

He played in the 2002 World Cup I think, was weird that he didn't get a chance at Ibrox.

I'll go for him and Hutton, I always backed him even when others didn't.

Sasa Papac

I think he has done extremely well at LB this year, and coiuld say he has made it his own, I wouldnt buy a new left back in the summer with Papac and Smith at the club, Papac proving he is a left back and Smith hoping to hit form again!!

good shout mate!!

Amadou Makhtar N'Diaye (born December 31, 1981) is a Senegalese football (soccer) player who is currently unattached and without a club. He has been linked with several clubs including Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Coventry City, Norwich City, Cardiff City and Stoke although no offers are believed to have been made.

It is believed he is close to accepting a deal which will see him sign for Aberdeen for two years after impressing in a recent trial.

He has previously played for Stade Rennes and CS Sedan Ardennes in France and Yverdon-Sport FC in Switzerland.

He is an established international Senegal national football team and was a participant at the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

He was initially on trial at Scottish Premier League club Rangers, managed by his former Rennes boss Paul Le Guen, throughout the summer of 2006, and joined them on their tour of South Africa, before being signed to a one year contract after impressing. N'Diaye has been capped 14 times for his country and played at the highest level.

N'Diaye left Rangers at the end of the 2006-07 season after failing to win a new contract. He did not play a single match under new boss Walter Smith.

Weird he has not got a club, how can one player go from international to nothing...

Namouchi, Van Vossen, Lovenkrands and Ball are the players that 1st spring to mind.

From our present squad, I think Charlie Adam has been very unfairly treated by large sections of the support. I can remember when a Rangers fan booing a Rangers player would have resulted in a well-deserved kicking for said fan.

A lot of people now mourning Huttons departure to Spurs should remember how Alan was treated by the same section of the support when he went through a bad spell. The same is now happening with Kirk Broadfoot. :van_morrison_is_moderately_angr

Does anyone remember a wee winger called John Morrow who got a few games towards the end of one season when Walter was last in charge? Also there was a young right back who got a few games around that time as well who looked promising. Both were released in the immediate close season as far as I remember... :mellow:

Hutton at the start of last season.

Mo Ross.

Broadfoot and Papac, might not be the most naturally gifted of players but give everything for the team and would run themselves into the ground, when there are other players who might be better but don't show it. Not a fan of Adam, but i feel him and Broadfoot take unfair amounts of abuse from some fans who are far too quick to judge and seem to expect every player in the team to be world class.

Neil McCann, not so much nobody likes him but he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves. Quite a few goals, loads of assists and is the last winger we've had that was willing to run and take on defenders.

Neil McCann, not so much nobody likes him but he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves. Quite a few goals, loads of assists and is the last winger we've had that was willing to run and take on defenders.

McCann is the best winger I've seen at Rangers since I've been going to games.