Broadfoot

maddog 64

THIS GUY IS ADMITTEDLY PLATING OUT OF POSITION , BUT CHRIST ALMIGHTY SURELY HE SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR DUNDEE OR PARTICK. VERY POOR DELIVERIES , POOR DEFENSIVLEY , JUST SEEMS TO BE A FIT YOUNG MAN. BUT WITH VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AT THIS LEVEL OF FOOTBALL.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys loves to judje players after bad game..I actually cannot understand that.Yes,Broadfoot wasn`t good today.But when you look back you`ll see some really nice performances from him.Players are people like every one of us,right?They have bad days as we all have...Also entire team were horrible in the second half,so it`s not just his fault we lost the game.Bad days are coming and they living,but hes nice player IMO and i trust him.I suggest you do the same..

Some of you guys loves to judje players after bad game..I actually cannot understand that.Yes,Broadfoot wasn`t good today.But when you look back you`ll see some really nice performances from him.Players are people like every one of us,right?They have bad days as we all have...Also entire team were horrible in the second half,so it`s not just his fault we lost the game.Bad days are coming and they living,but hes nice player IMO and i trust him.I suggest you do the same..

I think if you look back he has always been poor, he has always looked like a lower league central defender trying to play as a right back.He is slow in thought and in movement with horrendous distribution.

We sacrificed a striker to playas cover to him at right back, in other words we started with virtually a one man disadvantage.

What did Fox say about him in the 2nd half against Fiorentina? ;)

He was poor today, and obviously not for the 1st time. But with our current personnel problems I don't see anyone else to replace him. And before anyone mentions Whittaker, just don't! :angry2:

I've said it since his first match. He's Konterman playing right-back.

He will never be good enough. This isn't a "you said that about Hutton" thing either. This guy's body/brain just isn't there. Whittaker's is.

He is appauling, he would struggle to get a game for Gretna.

But he's a Walter Smith signing so he'll continue to play.

Selling Hutton and not replacing him was always going to come back and bite us on the arse.

St Mirren was his standard, thought it was a strange signing at the time but he was only back up for the first half of the season. Now hes had a run of games hes been shown up, just isn't good enough and its pathetic that hes become Hutton's replacement.

Granted Broadfoot's not a fantastic player, but that's not his fault. If we hadn't gone for the money with Hutton then we wouldn't have been in this position anyway. I'm actually going to defend Broadfoot and say that if nothing else, the guy clearly loves playing for us, and gives everything he has, and I can respect that. Also, accusing him of pussying out of tackles with Aids seems a bit unfair, considering he was probably told to do that so he didn't get sent off (Whittaker anyone?).

Theres no exclusive blame, not from me anyway. A number of things contributed to todays defeat including the referee, walter's tactics and several other players.

Can't argue with that, except for the referee part. When it got to 2-1 we should have reverted to playing how we normally do, but for some reason that didn't happen. I think blaming the referee for our bad decisions is somewhat unfair.

Having said that, the officiating was awful, for both sides.

I liked Broadfoot when he first took over from Hutton and thought he was doing a good job all things considered. I know that he then had a few games where he was awful and the first 30 minutes of the Fiorentina game is an example of this.

He did a good job today, and I think that many supporters will never acknowledge his good tackles/crosses/runs forward simply because he is not Alan Hutton.

I got news for all you Broadfoot haters, he isn't Alan Hutton, he never will be and we should support him as much as we can as he is the best choice for right back at the moment.

Granted Broadfoot's not a fantastic player, but that's not his fault. If we hadn't gone for the money with Hutton then we wouldn't have been in this position anyway. I'm actually going to defend Broadfoot and say that if nothing else, the guy clearly loves playing for us, and gives everything he has, and I can respect that. Also, accusing him of pussying out of tackles with Aids seems a bit unfair, considering he was probably told to do that so he didn't get sent off (Whittaker anyone?).

Thought this was the best post I had read today,

Till I read this one-

We had 45 mins to end the season.

We fucked it up goodstyle.

Don't blame Broadfoot.

Well said- "WE" fucked it up.

Theres no exclusive blame, not from me anyway. A number of things contributed to todays defeat including the referee, walter's tactics and several other players.

Can't argue with that, except for the referee part. When it got to 2-1 we should have reverted to playing how we normally do, but for some reason that didn't happen. I think blaming the referee for our bad decisions is somewhat unfair.

Having said that, the officiating was awful, for both sides.

Well again i don't blame the referee fully, we do have to look at ourselves but their first was offside, albeit that was the linesman but still a decision by an official. I thought Caldwell's hand ball to block Ferguson's shot was a penalty but Dailly's hand ball near the end was probably a penalty too so maybe that did even itself out.

Anyway, as i say the officials aren't to blame for our defeat today but i just think they contributed to it slightly.