Do you forgive Cousin?

Danny

I'm not his biggest fan, although I had been warming to him slowly. Really let us down but many a player have lost the plot so I can forgive him for losing the rag.

He's off at the end of the season anyway so it makes very little difference if he's forgiven or not - but he still has a role to play domestically so lets not get on his back

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was silly but the way he went over to him says to me he has said something to him its no excuse but he is a ger (for now) so lets get right behind the whole club this has been a long wait for us to rub the manky mobs faces right init remember the sombreros at ibrox they took 80000 to spain that place thats they never speak about lets invade manchester cos it will noise them right up haha f.t.p

You guys know I love the guy - have from the off, but I had absolutely no defence for his actions yesterday. Two extraordinarily stupid bookings including one defying belief. Yeah, Liverani (right?) made the most of it but Cousin put the head in and you absolutely cannot EVER do that.

It was a moment of absolute shame for him and very unlike him tbh. The look of joy and relief he had at the final whistle after we'd won told its own story.

Now, getting to my point: JCD had his very own bad night at Ibrox against Lyon - missed a disgraceful sitter which almost certainly cost us a place in the last 16, then got himself ridiculously sent off in a moment of utter stupidity.

It was pretty much no different to Cousin's disgrace last night.

We've, to a man, forgiven JCD for that night (which cost us) - I can forgive Cousin (whose madness didn't cost us) - can you?

JCD cost us...are you mad? His miss got us to the UEFA Cup final. :)

:lol:

I have to say I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make that connection :D

Seriously....I don't see how the two incidents are in anyway comparable. A footballing mistake is one thing and Cousin's unprofessional stupidity another. He can make up for it by helping win the league but he worries me as I suspect he has sloping shoulders. Good player but would be happy to see him replaced in the Summer.

It's his night of shame. Every footballer has had one. We forgave Barry for a lot of his misdemeanours in the past, ditto Ricksen back in the day.

I just think, seeing as it didn't cost us a place in the final, that we can and should forgive.

big let down 4 me he was, cudnt beleive my eyes wen he done it, waz if he waz on a suicide mission, bt he did av a gd game against the tims so il stay rite behind him as long as he wearin a rangers jersey. (tu)

I hope he goes on to help win us the SPL but last night he should have known better. JCD lost the rag as we were getting humped and he was frustrated, last night we were 10 minutes away from penalties in ET and he knew he was on a yellow card and he knew if he got another not only would it put him out the final, it was going to leave the rest of the team in the lurch when we were under the cosh as it was.

He went wayyy down in my estimation last night,his only saving grace is that we got through in the end. But he is still a complete idiot.

We all agree on that - and my healthy manlove for the guy went down too. But I can forgive sometimes and I think this deserves it.

I defended him when the Fulham deal fell through and as long as he is wearing a Rangers shirt I'll get behind him but he hasn't helped the cause much in the last wee bit, unlike JCD. I would push Boyd into the frame more, but JCD being first choice. Cousin is meant to be a physical presence, he maybe just took his job too seriously, not a terrible thing to do.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face..........

Cousin is the best striker we have in my view, and certainly well worth continuing to use. I was angry at him on the night, but the bigger picture is we have a title and two cups left to win, so he was forgiven as soon as Nacho put that winning penalty away.

I just think, seeing as it didn't cost us a place in the final, that we can and should forgive.

TBO I don't expect him to be with us much longer so I don't care much about him either way. It didn't cost us a place in the final but don't forget he's unavailable to us now.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face..........

Cousin is the best striker we have in my view, and certainly well worth continuing to use. I was angry at him on the night, but the bigger picture is we have a title and two cups left to win, so he was forgiven as soon as Nacho put that winning penalty away.

I agree, we need him to show some his worth now. How he performs now he's missing out on the UEFA Cup one will say a lot about him though. He doesn't inspire confidence in me though.

Iv always said Cousin is our best striker at the club, but he has now made himself unavailable for our biggest game in years and left the rest of the team in the lurch.

I'm sorry, i cannot forgive him. I do still hope, as i say, he goes on to help win us the league, but he can leave after that as far as im concerned.

It was idiotic and stupid, of course I can forgive the guy, he should still be held to account for it, just because Gers didn't lose doesn't make him any less of a moron for doing it.

Iv always said Cousin is our best striker at the club, but he has now made himself unavailable for our biggest game in years and left the rest of the team in the lurch.

I'm sorry, i cannot forgive him. I do still hope, as i say, he goes on to help win us the league, but he can leave after that as far as im concerned.

That truly is cutting your nose off to spite your face m8.

Not really, i did say i hope he goes on to win us the league, but such idiocy he showed the other night should be punished. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if Fiorentina scored in the last 10 minutes you, along with every other bear here would want him hung drawn and quartered.

Not really, i did say i hope he goes on to win us the league, but such idiocy he showed the other night should be punished. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if Fiorentina scored in the last 10 minutes you, along with every other bear here would want him hung drawn and quartered.

I don't work with 'ifs' though - whatever is, is. Not 'could have been'.

And his idiocy has been punished - he's out of the final.

I say let sleeping dogs lie but I respect your stance albeit I don't agree with it.

you fancy cousin..danny and danny sitting in a tree...

:pipe:

Dude, I praised Kev for having a 'Danny would like to make love to Buffel' sig.

You can't touch me, albeit I'd let Cousin :craphead:

I'll never forgive him. Disgrace to the jersey. JCD 'cost' us because of an honest miss. Cousin's behaviour was inexcusable.

He simply put his emotions ahead of the good of the club. Surely, he would have taken a penalty kick as well? Idiot.

After missing out on a European Final due to stupidity and careless use of the head, you would think he would learn? Nothing sinks in it seems and was lucky not to see red today. Hope he leaves for Fulham.