Bad Season?

WATP52

If we don't win the league now, and only win the cup double, would this season now be classed as a failure? We got to the uefa cup final and have been the best team in the league for most of the season but it looks like we are going to win f all.

from where we were last season? it cant be classed as a failure. It can be classed as a disappointment however.

Exactly what I was thinking. Outlooks brighter there are positives in this season McGregor and Cuellar without a doubt.

I agree it has been a memorable season, but any season that we don't win the league is a failure in my eyes especially against a very poor celtic side.

Yes and No.

We've did fantastic in the UEFA cup, even though we lost the final our Euro run was a success, however we've been in the driving seat for the league and to lose it from being in total control would be a failure IMO.

Exactly my thoughts mate, but it's not lost yet :unionflag:

the position we were in, in the league, it would be a huge let down not to win it, bt on the whole we'v been the best team in scotland by far which is an improvement on last term.

I'll judge this season by how the club spends the heaping gobs of cash they've made from it. Will it be squandered? Will it be used to secure a top notch squad for the next few years so we can shut out the unwashed? THAT is how I'll judge it.

As looks likely, it is embarrassing that Celtic may win the league.

Everyone anywhere is judged on results. I am proud of our progress to the UEFA final, but, at the end of the day, we may leave the scene with both Scottish Cups.

Is that enough, well, not a great deal of credibility in that, but, it is two small trophy's.

Our run in Europe cost us domestically, otherwise, we would have won the league by now. We tried to do it on the "cheap", it never worked and I had visions of it all going wrong at the last hurdle, I think it has. We never planned ahead properly, not a lot of strategic vision or planning. A glorious failure.

Honestly, Celtic have been handed the league, they have (most probably) won it by default and that makes it all the more galling and bloody embarrassing and Strachan is useless (their fans know it), that's the worst part of it !!

If we lose the league, it's a failure for me.

I'd still be proud of the players and applaud Walter for their overall efforts. But in football, there is no success in coming close. In 2003, when Celtic fans said that they wouldn't swap anything for reaching the UEFA Cup final........bullshit. Losing a cup final isn't success, and I certainly didn't change my mind after experiencing it on Wednesday.

Two domestic cups isn't a successful season for Rangers. We had to win the league or the UEFA Cup for me to look back on this as a success. If we lose the title, it's going to be a loooooooong summer :(

Yes and No.

We've did fantastic in the UEFA cup, even though we lost the final our Euro run was a success, however we've been in the driving seat for the league and to lose it from being in total control would be a failure IMO.

This sums the season up and I agree completely, Badger.