'We Need To Score Goals'

The exact words that come out of Ally's mouth during the pre match interview with Chick Young.

This was closely follwed by losely followed by Chick saying "Dare I say it, but a 4-3-3 today?"

Ally's reply: "Yes. Although it can become a 4-4-2 or even a 4-5-1 if necessary"

At this point I had just got into the car and turned the radio on and wasn't aware of the starting line up, but when I eventually heard it I was shocked.

Surely when your assistant manager says we need to score goals you expect one man to be playing, and that man is Kris Boyd.

Now I'm not his biggest fan, most people on here know that. But today we needed a cutting edge, we needed a poacher, we needed goals, we needed Kris Boyd.

Again he didn't appear until late on and to be brutally honest I am starting to believe the hearsay that there is some sort of underlying agenda as to why Boyd can't get a regular game.

We needed what was best for the team. Any potential agenda should have been put to one side. It wasn't and ultimtately we didn't get what we needed on that park until it was too late.

we need goals yet we play one of the crappest midfields i have ever see with dailly mcculloch and adam? Walter you are still a legend but your poor team selection and reluctance to bring on subs untill it was too late has more than likely cost us the title. We need goals on monday night, about 8 would do i think.

He doesn't fucking score.

When was his last 90 minutes? 3 GAMES AGO!

Against what team? MOTHERWELL

Did he score? NO.

Would he have scored today? NO.

It's our midfield that's useless. You saw that from the long balls in the last 20-30 mins. Give Furman a game.

After the way you have slated him all season it's a big surprise to see this thread. You are right all the same.

Big gripe with starting midfield today - no creativity at all. LM and CD and CA together = brute strength and ignorance.

Davis, Furman, DMB, Buffel, - all give you something! Thomson was injured I assume?

Lets face it apart from the GK, 2 x CBs, Papac, at times BF and a fit DMB - we have no class. WS will not play the footballers we have either.

Its lump it up the park time ALL THE SECOND HALF!

Rubbish.

This team went down hill the last 8 games or so.

We do need to score goals, but introducing Boyd doesn't automatically solve that problem. It's not as if we are creating the chances and missing them - we aren't creating enough chances full stop.

The two main chances we had today we're Cousin and Novo's efforts, both of which we're created by themselves.

Boyd would score goals, if we have someone to give him the ball. But until we play with a couple of wingers, it is pointless having Kris Boyd in the team.

4-5-1 has not worked.

Motherwell away 2 points

Celtic away 0 points

Dundee Utd 1 point

Hibs away 4 points

Aberdeen 1 point to date.

Most of these games we played 4-5-1 it is a shocking record against the top 6 teams.

Lee gives us fuck all

Cousin should never have played for us again after Florence.

Boyd (still our top scorer) is so far off match fitness we can't possibly expect him to score after being on the park for 10 minutes.

No creation of chances, except for pig punts into the box.

Firstly i would like to thank walter and ally for the turn around they have accomplished and for the great times we have had this season, however one thing that has really pissed me off and it has been discussed already is the lack of Kris Boyd. It is proven, when the lad plays he scores! I know he isn't the best of all round footballers but he does what every striker is hired to do - score goals. In the last two games we have desperately needed a goal, and he is given 10 minutes, a mean what is he meant to do with that? I know the service isn't great but still, when needing a goal he has to be on the pitch. What is walters problem with him?

Firstly i would like to thank walter and ally for the turn around they have accomplished and for the great times we have had this season, however one thing that has really pissed me off and it has been discussed already is the lack of Kris Boyd. It is proven, when the lad plays he scores! I know he isn't the best of all round footballers but he does what every striker is hired to do - score goals. In the last two games we have desperately needed a goal, and he is given 10 minutes, a mean what is he meant to do with that? I know the service isn't great but still, when needing a goal he has to be on the pitch. What is walters problem with him?

Smith likes to play with one up and that is not Boyd's forte.

Even I, the RM Boyd Hater, praised him after he looked like he'd been working hard on his all round game after the Partick Thistle replay.

Since then, he's not had a bloody sniff! Even I don't agree with it or understand it and I genuinely feel sorry for the lad.

Possibly theres something behind the scenes we dont know - a fall out perhaps, or maybe Boydys got some issues off the field.

He hasnt exactly looked 'sharp' when he has come on recently though has he? But your right - id have started Boydy a bit more in a 442

Not sure what Walt's problem is. Most likely he does rate him as his workrate is poor as is his touch and control..

If we want to score goals on Monday and Thursday though, Boyd should play with wingers crossing it from either side. maybe get Beasley back in and stick Whittaker on the right (closest we have to a winger that can cross the ball) Well it beats that long ball shite we're trying..

i think its a disgrace the way that hes been treated.........................

theres been far too many games of late where were cryin out for a goal and he hasnt been given a sniff

smith has to be held accountable for his decisions regarding our BEST goalscorer

theres no-one that even comes close in that department to him

I feel exactly the same he gets brought on in the dying minutes of a game, are they expecting him to perform a miracle in a small space of time???? I'd like to know if there's a problem between him n Walter