OUTSTANDING SEASON

Ibroxin83

I don't think there will be one fan who is not disappointed. Winning the league should be priority as far as I'm concerned, but it was just not to be.

We have come a long way this season and should feel a sense of pride.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

being gutted does not make you a glory hunter.

but to knock the team when they need a lift and be little everything the team have done this season because it hasnt went our way is not being a true supporter IMO we need to support through thick and thin not as they say

only sing when your winning.

there are glory hunters on this forum and i do understand that it is a forum for us to voice our opinions but some people take it to far.

Improvement on last season, but a failure to win the league doesn't sit well in most Bears' book.

I agree, im as dissapointed as the next bear i really am. Bring on next year.

being gutted does not make you a glory hunter.

but to knock the team when they need a lift and be little everything the team have done this season because it hasnt went our way is not being a true supporter IMO we need to support through thick and thin not as they say

only sing when your winning.

there are glory hunters on this forum and i do understand that it is a forum for us to voice our opinions but some people take it to far.

would that be the same glory hunters who jumped on the bandwaggon in the nine in a row years. we play in a league where only one of two teams can win it, yet people are saying that we have done well against one of the poorest celtic teams ever.

I don't think there will be one fan who is not disappointed. Winning the league should be priority as far as I'm concerned, but it was just not to be.

We have come a long way this season and should feel a sense of pride.

I have no sense of pride watching that spineless capitulation tonight.

I'm going to bed you can all sit up all night and argue I have my opinion and others have there's but i'm sure we will all stand united next season when it all starts again

We all know that the title is what we craved above all else, maybe our success has contributed ultimately to our failure.

I am gutted we couldn't cross the final hurdle and hope there is some sort of recount or the scum fielded an ineligible player and have their points docked.

I can only console myself that last season we had no chance of winning anything by about March and the honours list in the record books will read that we won one more trophy than the filth did. :rangers:

When you look at it its a fascinating season. So many ups and downs. The extreme high of getting to a UEFA Cup Final with a relatively poor team riddled with injuries. The real low of throwing away the SPL. The highs of Cuellar and MacGregor. The low of losing Hutton and also having to put up with the most uncreative Rangers team in years. The Scottish Cup Final - It's no gimme with this team.

This team ran out of steam.

Walter has a lot of quality to bring in next season. Lots!

Yep, 2nd is nothing.

It's like parents telling fat kids that 'it's all about taking part'. Is it fuck, it's all about winning.

This hasn't been an outstanding season.

92-93 was an outstanding season, McLeish's treble was an outstanding season, Advocaat's treble was an outstanding season, 9IAR was outstanding.

At the end of this season, we're gonna have a CIS Cup win against Dundee Utd and a Scottish Cup win against QOTS to show - that's NOT outstanding.

This is where the glory hunters hunters should stand up and GTF.

I too share the dissapointment in losing the league but if truth be told i was more gutted on Saturday when we drew with Motherwell.

I have now had 5 days to digest that we lost the league.

we played in the Uefa cup Final

we won the League cup

we are runners up in the SPL and are in the Scottish cup final.

This has been one of the best seasons i have witness in my 26 years as a Gers supporter.

Walters Tactics at times have been poor but these same tactics got us the the Uefa Final.

we attacked tonight and got beat, again because of the fixture pile up our team were only good for 60 mins.

some people on here are clearly only in it for the winning if you cannot support us through thick and thin bad or good then you are not welcome.

I understand that emotions are running high at the moment but some of the posts on here tonight are absolutely shocking.

if you are a true supporter then you will dust yourself down and get ready for the Cup Final give the boys the support they need.

W.A.T.P

the worst season i seen! no attaking options one of the poorest oldest worst rangers sides of all time ffs smell the coffee pal

I've been saying all season that even if we come away with nothing we should be damn proud. There should be no negativity! WE TOOK IT RIGHT DOWN TO THE WIRE MY FRIENDS!!! At least we were in it with a chance and any more of yer nonsense and we'll sound like the septic supporters. Big round of applause for everyone involved this season, and for everyone sticking behind the team!!!! Xx

I've been saying all season that even if we come away with nothing we should be damn proud. There should be no negativity! WE TOOK IT RIGHT DOWN TO THE WIRE MY FRIENDS!!! At least we were in it with a chance and any more of yer nonsense and we'll sound like the septic supporters. Big round of applause for everyone involved this season, and for everyone sticking behind the team!!!! Xx

Nah, we were 7 points clear with two games in hand.

We well and truly fucked it right up.

Good post SP. We should stay positive, even now when we are very disappointed. More so in fact.

Good post SP. We should stay positive, even now when we are very disappointed. More so in fact.

EXACTLY ! - (see my post in the official cup final thread !).

R.F.F.R.

I'm as heartbroken as the next bear and I could list a thousand reasons why it went wrong. But I'm damned proud of everything we've achieved over the last 16 months. The fact is over the course of a 69 game season we weren't upto it, so we can either sit and cry at our half empty glasses or take the positives (surely everyone must be able to see something good from this season), pick ourselves up and build on them for next year.

Let's not turn on each other, let's not attack our club. We're all in this together and we're all hurting right now.

At the end of the day, we'll say we are the people, we're all Rangers till we die, we'll never surrender, we'll follow on and we'll welcome the chase. But these are all just words, it's you and me and everyone else here who is proud to support our club that give them meaning and now those words need us more than ever, our club needs us more than ever.

So be hurt, be angry, be broken and annoyed. But never be ashamed. Because that's when we'll lose something bigger than the league.

This year was about rebuilding and a month ago we were mostly on top of the world about the progress we've made. That progress hasn't suddenly vanished because of where we ended up. There were positives, so give the team your full support on Saturday and then we'll continue rebuilding towards next year.

Apologies for the rambling but it's late, I'm drunk and a tad emotional. Besides, it could always be worse. We could be Celtc fans!

Put on ITV right now and watch them parading the SPL trophy about while Ian Crocker repeatidly cums in his pants and tell me that we have had an outstanding season.

It makes me sick to my stomach to watch it.

I think my parent wanna wake to have a tv in the morning!

:rangers:

If someone had told me when Walter returned that we would bee in a UEFA cup Final and take the league to the last game of the season within 18-months I would have said they were daft. Remember how far behind Celtic we were then.

The thing that annoys me is the wasted season and half before that when we allowed them to get ahead of us. Walter has had to play catch up and we are almost there. Bring on next season