Danny Shittu

Nemor

I was looking through some Shittu stuff and he seems to be pretty injury prone.

He was also out for 9 months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament and had full knee reconstruction.

Dan Shittu will be out of action for nine months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament during Saturday's defeat at Bournemouth.

It is a major blow for the reliable Nigerian defender as Ian Holloway looks to keep his side on track for promotion.

Shittu will need an operation to fully reconstruct the knee before undergoing lengthy rehabilitation.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Wikipeda,and the official Scum site,Balde is 6'3 13 stone 6. The same height but Twenty two pounds(one stone eight pounds) lighter than Shittu.

God! Shittu must be enormous. :unsure:

Shittu must be awesome. Nobody's questioning Walter's choice of a mammoth defender. :D

Yep, seems the support are pretty much agreed on this one.

To be fair to Smith, he does have a great eye for a centre half.

RANGERS jet out for Germany this morning hoping to conclude a deal to land Watford centre back Danny Shittu - and bolster the midfield area following the Barry Ferguson injury bombshell.

Ferguson has remained behind - along with short-term injury victim Stevie Smith - while Brahim Hemdani and Andrius Velicka will join up with the group at their Dutch training base in the coming days,

John Fleck, who played in the Cup Final triumph, is the only youngster included in the squad which indicates his likely involvement in the top team in the new campaign.

Walter Smith Boss Walter Smith is an admirer of Shittu but said yesterday that he was unsure if a deal would be completed for the former QPR defender.

He said: "We have been speaking to Watford for a couple of days, so whether we get any closer to that today remains to be seen."

With Ferguson now out of action for up to four months as a result of ankle surgery he will have next week, Smith knows he needs to bolster the midfield area. Indeed, he was already looking to do that before losing his captain.

However, he fears he could be priced out of the market for Steve Davis, who spent the second half of last season on loan from Fulham.

He said: "We have been searching for midfielders anyway, and the same situation occurs even taking Barry's injury into account

"Fulham want £4million for Steven Davis and we can't afford to pay that, so that's where we are with that one.

"If you look at our midfield area from last season we had Steven and Amdy Faye on loan, and they've gone back to their clubs, and we now have the injury to Barry.

"So we are clearly a bit light in that area and we need to look at that.

"The biggest thing is that, this stage, you still have a long way to the transfer deadline. Clubs don't want to rush into selling players just because it may suit Rangers.

"Anyone who wants to sell a player, if they are sitting in a strong position, will try and wait. That is business."

Rangers, although based in Holland, will play three matches in Germany starting with SC Preussen Munster tomorrow.

theres the whole thing

RANGERS jet out for Germany this morning hoping to conclude a deal to land Watford centre back Danny Shittu - and bolster the midfield area following the Barry Ferguson injury bombshell.

Ferguson has remained behind - along with short-term injury victim Stevie Smith - while Brahim Hemdani and Andrius Velicka will join up with the group at their Dutch training base in the coming days,

John Fleck, who played in the Cup Final triumph, is the only youngster included in the squad which indicates his likely involvement in the top team in the new campaign.

Walter Smith Boss Walter Smith is an admirer of Shittu but said yesterday that he was unsure if a deal would be completed for the former QPR defender.

He said: "We have been speaking to Watford for a couple of days, so whether we get any closer to that today remains to be seen."

With Ferguson now out of action for up to four months as a result of ankle surgery he will have next week, Smith knows he needs to bolster the midfield area. Indeed, he was already looking to do that before losing his captain.

However, he fears he could be priced out of the market for Steve Davis, who spent the second half of last season on loan from Fulham.

He said: "We have been searching for midfielders anyway, and the same situation occurs even taking Barry's injury into account

"Fulham want £4million for Steven Davis and we can't afford to pay that, so that's where we are with that one.

"If you look at our midfield area from last season we had Steven and Amdy Faye on loan, and they've gone back to their clubs, and we now have the injury to Barry.

"So we are clearly a bit light in that area and we need to look at that.

"The biggest thing is that, this stage, you still have a long way to the transfer deadline. Clubs don't want to rush into selling players just because it may suit Rangers.

"Anyone who wants to sell a player, if they are sitting in a strong position, will try and wait. That is business."

Rangers, although based in Holland, will play three matches in Germany starting with SC Preussen Munster tomorrow.

theres the whole thing

I wouldn't assume to much by that. We may still be bartering.

He was also out for 9 months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament and had full knee reconstruction.

Dan Shittu will be out of action for nine months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament during Saturday's defeat at Bournemouth.

It is a major blow for the reliable Nigerian defender as Ian Holloway looks to keep his side on track for promotion.

Shittu will need an operation to fully reconstruct the knee before undergoing lengthy rehabilitation.

Where do you get pretty injury prone from one injury???

What do you want me to list every injury?

Well I'm not so instead of being a smart arse, have a look on the internet and you'll see.

Well I'm not so instead of being a smart arse, have a look on the internet and you'll see.

Not being a smart arse mate, nor am I expecting you to list every injury, but calling him injury prone with only one long term injury isn't exactly fair on him.

We'll end up bringing in Amdy Faye as a replacement for barry doh

Why will we??

Why wont we? :craphead:

I think we wont because we already had him on loan, hardly played him, then sent him back again without attempting to buy him

Not being a smart arse mate, nor am I expecting you to list every injury, but calling him injury prone with only one long term injury isn't exactly fair on him.

just an arse

We'll end up bringing in Amdy Faye as a replacement for barry doh

Why will we??

Why wont we? :craphead:

I think we wont because we already had him on loan, hardly played him, then sent him back again without attempting to buy him

One would presume that is satire?

just an arse

:kiss1: :gay1:

Looks like a done deal:

Danny Shittu is due in Glasgow today to tie up his £1.5m switch to Rangers from Watford. The Vicarage Road club had wanted closer to £2.5m for the defender but finally accepted Rangers' £1.5m bid, increased from £1.2m, on Friday afternoon.

Shittu, 27, is 6ft 3in and weighs 15st. He is a Nigerian international and is relishing the move to Scotland. He said: "I know Rangers' history and it's an opportunity which will bring the best out of me. I'm very excited and looking forward to the challenge at the club."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/McCullo...down.4283516.jp