Here we go again

JR

Walter looking to the SPL for players (Motherwell rejected £750k bid this morning for Marc Reynolds - official).

Look East for fux sake walter - there is much better than this pish out there for even this paltry amount.

I can't bear this fucking mediocrity

[/rant]

Walter looking to the SPL for players (Motherwell rejected £750k bid this morning for Marc Reynolds - official).

Look East for fux sake walter - there is much better than this pish out there for even this paltry amount.

[/rant]

Has the penny not dropped with you yet, that was the plan a few years ago <_<

I saw the title and thought it would be about something else, turns out, its the same thing as always

I dont know much about the lad, but, he was being touted by many on here before the season ended as a really good prospect that we should go for, yet now....

hes pish

haha, I love us sometimes

i'm surprised that anyone's surprised we're looking at spl pish, it was always going to happen and it now confirms that murray and bain are perfectly happy playing second fiddle in this country, and i only hope a fan revolt happens this season because we are being bent over, greased up and taken in the wrong un :angry2:

Lot of psychic people on this board it would seem.

Everybody seems to know its just SPL players or similar quality.

good few people know the budget half the time as well

Take it as it comes, and then judge if we sign Miller and Reynolds they will be squad players, as im pretty sure, i mean it is positions we need bodies in. Who is to say we dont sign a class striker as well as a good defender and a few squad players??

We dont know for sure, i know people feel let down but Walter had to build a whole new team last year, this year he will add a bit of quality a couple of big signings i say, if im wrong i'll admit but i can see things clearer than other i feel sometimes with regards to our transfer dealings. :rangers:

Trust in Walter.

i did but thats twice he has let me down big time.

Walter knows football better than you, I or anyone else on here.

of course he does , but he he still get it wrong as far as signings players go , only Cuellar , Weir , Davis and Thomson were real successes , all others were average at best

Lets hope Walter gets it right this summer

I can see this lad going down the road of Gow and Broadfoot if he signs for Rangers. Another promising young player who will come to Ibrox full of hope only to be stuck in the reserves or played out of position.

He will probably never feature in the first team.

We have no room for more squad players - we need first IX quality now or we (at best) stagnate from last term.

Mark Reynolds is a fair player nothing more yet - not what I would class as regular pick material. He was a mainstay in the 'Well defence last term but we all know just how bad they were at any cross balls into the box. It smacks of the whole Svensson situation to me - nowhere near the quality we need now but may be in the future and we all know how that turned out.

We need the "quality" signings now - regular starters - first XI quality.

Walter needs to pull something out the bag

We have no room for more squad players - we need first IX quality now or we (at best) stagnate from last term.

Mark Reynolds is a fair player nothing more yet - not what I would class as regular pick material. He was a mainstay in the 'Well defence last term but we all know just how bad they were at any cross balls into the box. It smacks of the whole Svensson situation to me - nowhere near the quality we need now but may be in the future and we all know how that turned out.

Spot on .

we have enough players but not enough quality , players who sign must be capable of going straight in to the 1st team

i can only hope we sign at least 4 top quality players

I think, if I read things right, the only players we should sign are mid-20s stars that we take from under the noses of EPL/Spanish/Italian teams?

We complain when we buy older players that we should buy younger talent, then, when we buy younger talent, they are inexperienced and shit signings too!

Seriously, its not a Rangers thing, its an SPL thing. We cant get those players any more, the only time we really did, was when English teams were banned from Europe.

Completely agree and like i said Reynolds strikes me as the type of player who will brought in as a second or third back-up to the first team. Certainly not first team material.

But it is still very early in the transfer window and if we are to sign any big name players then i think it will be after Euro '08 is finished. I certainly hope this is the case otherwise we are just going backwards.

Maybe he will mate. I am pretty sure he will. Give it time. It's the 1st week of June. We got ages yet to bring in the quality you want.

I believe we will bring in quality. Remember we are linked with a few quality players. I know it is only linked, we still have to get them. but I am sure we will get the quality needed

I think, if I read things right, the only players we should sign are mid-20s stars that we take from under the noses of EPL/Spanish/Italian teams?

You mean like Cuellar?

We complain when we buy older players that we should buy younger talent, then, when we buy younger talent, they are inexperienced and shit signings too!

Age is no concern of mine - quality is.

Seriously, its not a Rangers thing, its an SPL thing. We cant get those players any more, the only time we really did, was when English teams were banned from Europe.

Except Cuellar, so yes - we can get them.

In general mate - it's early in the window and after the manner in which the league was lost, the support in general is edgy regarding the furture acquisitions, myself included. Kenny Miller & Mark Reynolds are not helping that situation as neither are regarded by the majority as up to the required standard at the moment (in reynolds case - miller can just fuck off).

My problem is that they are out there to be found - but we haven't invested in finding them - fuck all scouting network. Instead we seem to be relying the draw of a packed Ibrox experienced by an opposing player (Cuellar, Reynolds) or players that Walter has worked with before (Dailly, Weir, Miller et al).

Thats what this thread was about.

Trust in Walter.

i did but thats twice he has let me down big time.

Walter knows football better than you, I or anyone else on here.

I'm sure he does, but Miller and Reynolds aren't any better than what we lost the league with last season.

You mean like Cuellar?

Osasuna had just had the season of their lives, so, this was an exception, and, on any other season, would not have qualified as above ;)

as it should be, but, i am also tired of us signing old players

again, nobody knew who he was, and, he only shone after we bought him. He wasnt a star name signing, as the discussions when we bought him showed

In general mate - it's early in the window and after the manner in which the league was lost, the support in general is edgy regarding the furture acquisitions, myself included. Kenny Miller & Mark Reynolds are not helping that situation as neither are regarded by the majority as up to the required standard at the moment (in reynolds case - miller can just fuck off).

My problem is that they are out there to be found - but we haven't invested in finding them - fuck all scouting network. Instead we seem to be relying the draw of a packed Ibrox experienced by an opposing player (Cuellar, Reynolds) or players that Walter has worked with before (Dailly, Weir, Miller et al).

man, I am edgy every transfer window, i think thats why they are there, to mess with our minds!!

Reynolds played well against us, and pretty much every other team he went up against this season gone, which, essentially means he is at least as good, if not better, than we currently have, plus can be seen as a long term investment, therefore, good business? I think a few additions like that at the back, where we are strongest, is a good thing. For me, the money needs to be spent in attacking wide areas, and another striker to go with Boyd. These positions also cost the most, so, makes sense to buy younger players who can cope this the SPL (as Reynolds has shown), and to get the higher end players for the areas where they will do most damage.

Miller? Just think, in him and Boyd, we could have THE strike force to cuase the most divide among Bears in as long as I can remember, for different reasons. I dont want him back, however, i can see pros compared to what we have at present. Then again, my missus just said, "he is too fucking ugly to play for Rangers" :harhar:

You mean like Cuellar?

Osasuna had just had the season of their lives, so, this was an exception, and, on any other season, would not have qualified as above ;)

as it should be, but, i am also tired of us signing old players

again, nobody knew who he was, and, he only shone after we bought him. He wasnt a star name signing, as the discussions when we bought him showed

man, I am edgy every transfer window, i think thats why they are there, to mess with our minds!!

Reynolds played well against us, and pretty much every other team he went up against this season gone, which, essentially means he is at least as good, if not better, than we currently have, plus can be seen as a long term investment, therefore, good business? I think a few additions like that at the back, where we are strongest, is a good thing. For me, the money needs to be spent in attacking wide areas, and another striker to go with Boyd. These positions also cost the most, so, makes sense to buy younger players who can cope this the SPL (as Reynolds has shown), and to get the higher end players for the areas where they will do most damage.

Miller? Just think, in him and Boyd, we could have THE strike force to cuase the most divide among Bears in as long as I can remember, for different reasons. I dont want him back, however, i can see pros compared to what we have at present. Then again, my missus just said, "he is too fucking ugly to play for Rangers" :harhar:

She's not wrong.

Ugly wee jakey bas!

I've heard that Kenneth enjoys a bit too much of the old :beer1:

[/rant]

so far it looks like we won't be looking beyond Derby. :gallows:

It's the first week of June. Paper speculation doesn't mean anything.

We can't really judge our transfer activity until the window closes. Certain targets may not be available now - but who knows how their situation might change in the coming months.

As for the scouting network, I don't profess to know too much. However, we will have to wait and see who we sign before getting stuck in. We must be looking elsewhere. E.g. if you put the attitude problems to one side, Cousin was a very decent find for the price we paid last year. To be honest, I'd never heard of him. I don't think he was very well known and I think this shows we've been looking at less high-profile players in foreign leagues.

It's the first week of June. Paper speculation doesn't mean anything.

We can't really judge our transfer activity until the window closes. Certain targets may not be available now - but who knows how their situation might change in the coming months.

As for the scouting network, I don't profess to know too much. However, we will have to wait and see who we sign before getting stuck in. We must be looking elsewhere. E.g. if you put the attitude problems to one side, Cousin was a very decent find for the price we paid last year. To be honest, I'd never heard of him. I don't think he was very well known and I think this shows we've been looking at less high-profile players in foreign leagues.

Unfortunately the Reynolds bid was official - and Kenny Miller I would imagine is a forgone conclusion.

Fair points the rest of them.