Thomson - can we afford to lose him @ £4m

jbm26896

I hope he stays , In think he is a future captain of the club

But WS may think he can sell and get a better replacement for the same money

what can you get for £4m

maybe a forward going midfielder and move BF back where he should be, as a holding midfielder

Honestly would you trust a man who is willingly to waste £2m on Kenny Mhisser, with £4m proceeds from the sale of Thomson? Personally, i would resist the sale of Thomson, the same way i would resist the sale of either McGregor Or Cuellar.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he stays , In think he is a future captain of the club

But WS may think he can sell and get a better replacement for the same money

what can you get for £4m

maybe a forward going midfielder and move BF back where he should be, as a holding midfielder

Honestly would you trust a man who is willingly to waste £2m on Kenny Mhisser, with £4m proceeds from the sale of Thomson? Personally, i would resist the sale of Thomson, the same way i would resist the sale of either McGregor Or Cuellar.

no trust at the moment in Walter , I hope he knows what he is doing , as the pressure he has put himself under is huge , i would like to keep thomson but you can never tell , £4m is a good offer

We cant afford to lose our best midfielder and certainly not for £4m.

Keep Thomson, buy Davis and sell Ferguson, I'd take that. We should be building a team around McGregor, Cuellar, Thomson and hopefully Davis.

Did you notice the headline in that bundle of contrived shite ? An affectionate 'MOGGA' as opposed to 'MOWBRAY' ? Don't forget that it wis that lump of wid that started the homo huddle ! He'll have been put up to it by the lurgan bigot he's behind awe this shite includin the postponment of the New Years game. A load of bollocks. :sherlock:

IT'S BOLLOCKS :sherlock:

we couldnt afford to lose thomson full stop and thats from one of his biggest critics when we signed him as i just didnt see what the big deal about him was. Proved me wrong big time this season and was a key player for us. He wont be going anywhere and certainly not for £4m. If we were to sell him i would be wanting at least £10m for him.

Kev's going nowhere. He's tried England didn't like it and he's enjoying the limelight at Ibrox, guaranteed european football and a decent wage - no chance he'll go down there for money. Don't believe what you read in the Rhecord........

Guest The Brown Brogue
Kev's going nowhere. He's tried England didn't like it and he's enjoying the limelight at Ibrox, guaranteed european football and a decent wage - no chance he'll go down there for money. Don't believe what you read in the Rhecord........

Whereabouts and when did Thomson play in England?

Guest The Brown Brogue
If someone offered 3 million I would bite their hand off

Why?

If we were buying him just now how much would you expect Walter to pay for him :rolleyes:

Eh?

If we were going for a player who had consistently been the best midfielder for a club who had just gotten to the UEFA cup final, was 23 years old and was just breaking into the national squad, I'd expect to pay more than 3 million for him, and so would anyone else in their right mind.

Would you accept similar undervalue bids for the rest of the players in the squad? Hello Martin...

Why?

If we were buying him just now how much would you expect Walter to pay for him :rolleyes:

Eh?

If we were going for a player who had consistently been the best midfielder for a club who had just gotten to the UEFA cup final, was 23 years old and was just breaking into the national squad, I'd expect to pay more than 3 million for him, and so would anyone else in their right mind.

Would you accept similar undervalue bids for the rest of the players in the squad? Hello Martin...

So we wouldnt be able to buy him just now :rolleyes:

Guest The Brown Brogue

Why?

Eh?

So we wouldnt be able to buy him just now :rolleyes:

Congratulations, you've found the :rolleyes: smiley...

But you still haven't explained why you would accept 3 million for him. Is it because he scored against your mob earlier this season?

he will go, no if or buts. we are fighting a losing battle against the premiership. He will go down there and fail.
once again a negative comment from a newcomer. mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

is his opinion not valid until he has posted ? times

he is only giving his point of view , which some will agree / disagree with

Exactly.

I'm not alone in saying that I'm getting sick of members constantly jumping on the "he must be a tim bandwagon" as soon as somebody new says anything contreversial.

Don't start accusing people in threads.

If you has any doubts about a member, PM a mod or admin and we will look into it (tu)

:rolleyes:

He played for Coventry before he signed for Hibs. Didn't like it, didn't like England and wanted home to Scotland.

I feel that SDM is using his media contacts to generate the proposed sales of certain players.

King Carlos and Kevin IMO will be sold and two players will be brought in, in the hope we can do similar with them the season after next.

It's the way Murray is running our club and it's plainly obvious what he's up to.

Following todays story in the daily record regarding WBA wanting Kevin Thomson and is £4m a good piece of business for Rangers ?

It would be a shockingly bad transfer at that price. I hope Thompson is with us for years - potential captain material for me!

He played for Coventry before he signed for Hibs. Didn't like it, didn't like England and wanted home to Scotland.

Not according to wikipedia...

Guest The Brown Brogue

Are you sure about that?

Thomson came through the Hibs schoolboy ranks did he not?