Thomson - can we afford to lose him @ £4m

jbm26896

Following todays story in the daily record regarding WBA wanting Kevin Thomson

with Hemdani certain to go , Davis is not certain to sign , it would leave us short of central mdfielders with 1st team experience

the question is can we afford to lose him ?

and is £4m a good piece of business for Rangers ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw in the record article that Walter wants to build his team around Thomson and Ferguson and that we will resist any offer for him.

lets hope that is the case , i fear an offer of around £6m and he would be gone , every player we have has a selling price , unfortunately

Did you notice the headline in that bundle of contrived shite ? An affectionate 'MOGGA' as opposed to 'MOWBRAY' ? Don't forget that it wis that lump of wid that started the homo huddle ! He'll have been put up to it by the lurgan bigot he's behind awe this shite includin the postponment of the New Years game. A load of bollocks. :sherlock:

he will go, no if or buts. we are fighting a losing battle against the premiership. He will go down there and fail.
once again a negative comment from a newcomer. mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

he will go, no if or buts. we are fighting a losing battle against the premiership. He will go down there and fail.

is his opinion not valid until he has posted ? times

he is only giving his point of view , which some will agree / disagree with

is his opinion not valid until he has posted ? times

he is only giving his point of view , which some will agree / disagree with

Exactly.

I'm not alone in saying that I'm getting sick of members constantly jumping on the "he must be a tim bandwagon" as soon as somebody new says anything contreversial.

Don't start accusing people in threads.

If you has any doubts about a member, PM a mod or admin and we will look into it (tu)

He'll stay for sure he has it made here. Will be on good salary here and has chance to win trophies and play in the Champions League. He would be crazy to leave for a team who will probably be fighting relegation. I don't quite understand why a lot of Scottish players jump at the chance to play for bottom half clubs in the premiership.

Fair enough you play the big four twice but I wouldn't fancy giving up the chance of playing European football in front of 50,000 people in place of playing against Stoke/Fulham/Sunderland on a Monday night?

He'll stay for sure he has it made here. Will be on good salary here and has chance to win trophies and play in the Champions League. He would be crazy to leave for a team who will probably be fighting relegation. I don't quite understand why a lot of Scottish players jump at the chance to play for bottom half clubs in the premiership.

Fair enough you play the big four twice but I wouldn't fancy giving up the chance of playing European football in front of 50,000 people in place of playing against Stoke/Fulham/Sunderland on a Monday night?

Spot on. I can see the attraction of a move to a big 4 club but WBA? No chance of European football and a perennial relegation battle.

Thommo could be a future captain. There's absolutely no way we should be accepting pissy bids like £4m for him. The fact that shite English sides like WBA can even afford to make those kinds of bids is so frustrating!

As has been said, we're BUILDING a team. I'd like to think he'd be an integral part of it.

:rangers:

He should stay because he must realise that he does not have the basic pace or movement to cope in the premiership, he has beeen badly exposed in the spl because of this. He will have a good wage with us and would be best to stay and try to improve his movement and awareness at the top end of our league rather than risk struggling at the bottom end of the premiership and risking his reputation.

I hope he stays , In think he is a future captain of the club

But WS may think he can sell and get a better replacement for the same money

what can you get for £4m

maybe a forward going midfielder and move BF back where he should be, as a holding midfielder