RST in meltdown ............

JTP

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the problem Frankie, i fear we never will find out. Clearly those Board members left, or certainly the majority don't want us to find out. I would usually discard anything written about the Trust in newspapers as bollocks but so far the Record has provided more of an explanation to us members os our own organisation has. That, in itself is a disgrace.

You will find out.

The Trust appear in no rush to inform their members. Im quite astonished that they havent held an EGM. They may spring into action on the back of this article though but I foresee a significant drop in membership and damage which may be irreversible.

I believe an EGM would have been the best thing to do here. RST member only meeting where the issue could have been discussed openly and debated by the members.

Not sure why this hasn't been put forward by the remaining board.

I guess we now know who was responsible for those idiotic proposals last week then. The guy has always looked to extremes rather than be positive, i had little respect for him before due to the way Follow Follow was run but the chickens have well and truly come home to roost now.

I am actually a little dissapointed with the guys who resigned, if he was their reason for doing so, as men like Frankie were always telling us that the best way to change things is from the inside. Why then did they let Dingwall win and walk away from a cause they really believed in? Did he have mare sway over the other Board members than the other?

I can see things really go down hill from here, Dingwall is not the kind of man you want in charge of the RST. This has been proved from FF, he is far too extreme to hold such a position.

Extreme in what way ? Just wonderin? :sherlock:

Extreme in the way that he rules FF with an iron fist, banning people without explanation at the most a one word answer in "Taig". He also organised the protest against Murray outside the Main Stand a few seasons go which was shot down in flames by other supporters. I have absolutely no doubts that he too would have been at the forefront of the announced proposals last week which are about as extreme as one could concoct.

He certainly isn't a man who thinks rationally on any situation that's for sure. He is as anti-Murray as they come which isn't exactly a great criteria for leading an organisation supposed to be working WITH Murray and the club for the benefit of the fans.

FF is pretty piss, thats the site and the mag I'm talkin about no arguments there but the whereas I do not like protests agin the team I think he was maybe justyfied on this one Murray was takin us up a one way street with plg at the time I believe and as for gettin shot down in flames by other supporters na I saw those other supporters and they weren't Rangers ones, they looked like junkies hired for a few £10 bags. Clapped in jaws, trackies, wearin no colours. Murray must have got them from his home town of Embra they looked like trainspotters. :sherlock:

The protest was during that record run of games without a win. It was while Big Eck was still in charge. It certainly was the last thing that the team needed at the time. Whether it was right or wrong is irrelevant, my point was that it was another extreme measure used by the man. Do you agree?

As for the fans who shouted it down i can assure you, as i walked past on my way home, it was ordinary supporters not the yobs you allude to.

As for the fans who shouted it down i can assure you, as i walked past on my way home, it was ordinary supporters not the yobs you allude to.

Exactly what I was told from a couple of guys I know that were walking by. Yet this line about 'organised yobs' seems to get spun out from FF sympathisers now and then :rolleyes:

i hope dingwall sues the arse of the rebel, this stinks of that coward murrays work who would like nothing better than to have a puppet elected on to the board.

Sorry Minstral, but what is Murray going to gain from slating Dingwall? He is NEVER going to be the fans representative on the Board anyway. He simply doesn't represent the majority of fans.

I guess we now know who was responsible for those idiotic proposals last week then. The guy has always looked to extremes rather than be positive, i had little respect for him before due to the way Follow Follow was run but the chickens have well and truly come home to roost now.

I am actually a little dissapointed with the guys who resigned, if he was their reason for doing so, as men like Frankie were always telling us that the best way to change things is from the inside. Why then did they let Dingwall win and walk away from a cause they really believed in? Did he have mare sway over the other Board members than the other?

I can see things really go down hill from here, Dingwall is not the kind of man you want in charge of the RST. This has been proved from FF, he is far too extreme to hold such a position.

Extreme in what way ? Just wonderin? :sherlock:

Extreme in the way that he rules FF with an iron fist, banning people without explanation at the most a one word answer in "Taig". He also organised the protest against Murray outside the Main Stand a few seasons go which was shot down in flames by other supporters. I have absolutely no doubts that he too would have been at the forefront of the announced proposals last week which are about as extreme as one could concoct.

He certainly isn't a man who thinks rationally on any situation that's for sure. He is as anti-Murray as they come which isn't exactly a great criteria for leading an organisation supposed to be working WITH Murray and the club for the benefit of the fans.

FF is pretty piss, thats the site and the mag I'm talkin about no arguments there but the whereas I do not like protests agin the team I think he was maybe justyfied on this one Murray was takin us up a one way street with plg at the time I believe and as for gettin shot down in flames by other supporters na I saw those other supporters and they weren't Rangers ones, they looked like junkies hired for a few £10 bags. Clapped in jaws, trackies, wearin no colours. Murray must have got them from his home town of Embra they looked like trainspotters. :sherlock:

The protest was during that record run of games without a win. It was while Big Eck was still in charge. It certainly was the last thing that the team needed at the time. Whether it was right or wrong is irrelevant, my point was that it was another extreme measure used by the man. Do you agree?

Let's agree to disagree on this one, think I'll just watch this one with interest not having enough knowledge of the full situation mysef. But on the whole something stinks ! :sherlock:

Its a myth that Murray hired a mob to attack the protest. I listened to then spoke to the so-called mob on the way down the Drive and can confirm it was a spontaneous reaction by normal fans. Incidentally they also linked the protest to the RST and subsequently I heard the same thing in different bars in the Greater Glasgow area shortly after.

If it is true that the members that resigned did so because of Dingwall, and any 'militant direction he wanted to take the supporters' group', then I for one salute them.

Aye, me too (tu)

Well then you are both wrong, and you can bloody well shake yourself for believing such utter pish.

We are allowed to be just as militant about our chairman on here.

Murray is behind all of this, he doesn't like his custodianship being questioned.

Nice try Minty, I hope Mark's lawyers get to the bottom of this.

i hope dingwall sues the arse of the rebel, this stinks of that coward murrays work who would like nothing better than to have a puppet elected on to the board.

Sorry Minstral, but what is Murray going to gain from slating Dingwall? He is NEVER going to be the fans representative on the Board anyway. He simply doesn't represent the majority of fans.

to me it looks like murray thinks the trust is becoming to millitant and willing to take him on, also i think he has leaked this story to traynor hoping it will cause members to fight against each other.

Its a myth that Murray hired a mob to attack the protest. I listened to then spoke to the so-called mob on the way down the Drive and can confirm it was a spontaneous reaction by normal fans.

Of course it is. Only complete balloons think otherwise. Rent-a-mob...if it wasn't so pathetically stupid and paranoid it'd be funny.

to me it looks like murray thinks the trust is becoming to millitant and willing to take him on, also i think he has leaked this story to traynor hoping it will cause members to fight against each other.

Yes the RST is definitely becoming more militant and extreme. It never was in the beginning and it leads me to believe that Dingwall is responsible. Just like you i have no evidence to support this other than his actions in the past but it seems very strange that since the top Board members have left the Trust have become more mlitant in their approach. Coincidence?

I actually think Murray will be quietly chuckling to himself over the state of the Trust at the moment. He doesn't need to try and sabotage us and turn us against each other, we members have done that ourselves.

They are using traynor cause the fat freak was boastin on the radio the other day Walter had tipped him the wink about some shit cannae remember what gettin old, but traynor couldnae help himself but blab. So every chance he's the feed here ! :sherlock:

Its a myth that Murray hired a mob to attack the protest. I listened to then spoke to the so-called mob on the way down the Drive and can confirm it was a spontaneous reaction by normal fans.

Of course it is. Only complete balloons think otherwise. Rent-a-mob...if it wasn't so pathetically stupid and paranoid it'd be funny.

He praised them for their brutality on the official site.

Personally I don't feel he had to hire anyone. Many Rangers fans still believe he has Rangers interests at heart.

Mind you, said idiots chanted The Billy Boys at the protesters as a way to show support for Murray. You couldn't make it up.

The concept of - "divide and rule", however, in the mire we don't know who is the main proponent.

The credibility of both RFC and the RST is somewhat "fuzzy" and if there was ever a time for ethical and effective leadership in the RST it is now, in fact, it should have been immediately. The longer this prevails any credibility of a "new RST" will be on the wane - well wortth being pondered by the moderate folks like Frankie ! The brand may be obsolete by the time you launch a comeback, if that is tenable ?

The whole thing is a shame and it affects "our club", another negative story and fits perfectly with the RST's recent idiotic pronouncements. Will the last person who leaves, switch off the light !

What did he actually say when he praised this 'brutality'?

Personally I don't feel he had to hire anyone.

No he didn't. The suggestion that he did is nonsense and put about by Dingwall and those that support his views to try and disguise the fact that the majority of Bears were opposed to the protest.

Yes the RST is definitely becoming more militant and extreme. It never was in the beginning and it leads me to believe that Dingwall is responsible. Just like you i have no evidence to support this other than his actions in the past but it seems very strange that since the top Board members have left the Trust have become more mlitant in their approach. Coincidence?

I actually think Murray will be quietly chuckling to himself over the state of the Trust at the moment. He doesn't need to try and sabotage us and turn us against each other, we members have done that ourselves.

We don't know anything about in which way the direction of the Trust will be taking, like you I'm seriously puzzled as to what has went on behinds the scenes. As members we are owed an explanation and some transparency. But until we get to the bottom of it (if that ever happens) then all this is, is guess work.

No doubt he is, so he has taken his chance to put the boot in, what worries me here is that certain vehicles who openly question his chairmanship are trying to be discredited. He clearly doesn't like his business being open for discussion or scrutiny.

Meanwhile Rangers supporters attention turn away from poor signings, lack of word on stadium development (what's the script Mr moonbeam?).

We don't know anything about in which way the direction of the Trust will be taking, like you I'm seriously puzzled as to what has went on behinds the scenes. As members we are owed an explanation and some transparency. But until we get to the bottom of it (if that ever happens) then all this is, is guess work.

No doubt he is, so he has taken his chance to put the boot in, what worries me here is that certain vehicles who openly question his chairmanship are trying to be discredited. He clearly doesn't like his business being open for discussion or scrutiny.

Meanwhile Rangers supporters attention turn away from poor signings, lack of word on stadium development (what's the script Mr moonbeam?).

Maybe so Jim, like you say it's all guesswork. But i still don't trust Dingwall as far as i can kick him. I simy do not like that thought of him running the RST, and if it conspires that he is doing so then i will withdraw my membership. I am no Murray-ite, i don't trust him either bu on this occasion i just don't see any reason that he would want to put the boot in. The RST is falling apart as it is.

Personally I don't feel he had to hire anyone.

No he didn't. The suggestion that he did is nonsense and put about by Dingwall and those that support his views to try and disguise the fact that the majority of Bears were opposed to the protest.

He praised fans who opposed the protests knowing full well that those who opposed it used physical violence.

I've seen people accuse Murray on FF of being responsible, but never Dingwall himself, but I don't read everything posted there so I'll take your word for it.

The article on the site only referred to "pro-Murray" group as being Rangers fans impying that if you were anti-Murray you are not a Rangers fan. It also implied praise for that group for "overpowering" the protestors.

Whether you are pro- or anti-Murray, that article on the Rangers site implied approval for physical force being used, and was disgraceful.

You have to laugh out loud at the way the anti SDM brigade have tried to turn this story into something its NOT - It is NOT a story placed by SDM - it is a story run based on the fact that there is something happening at the RST and NO ONE will come out and say what that 'something is'. All we know is 6 directors resigned, no replacements (as yet) and some stupid pronouncements from the RST.

(I also love the conspiricy theory that SDM had 'fans for hire' to defend him against a protest. - what a load of crock!)

Now unless I am wrong the RST were to be given a seat on the board by Murray - hardly stinks of 'conspiricy' - if he DIDNT want them on he would NOT have offered. SDM did NOT make the members resign (or if he did he is one clever bugger!!) but while I am NOT an RST member I find this 'story' interesting and I am glad the paper shed some light on it and even that Dingwall made a response. How this story can be tied to SDM only the extremely paranoid could begin to answer and the response on FF to the article does NOT show Dingwall in a great light.