French boss gets stuck into our Walter

bauba30

from bbc

France coach Raymond Domenech has accused former Scotland manager Walter Smith of betraying his country.

Smith left his role as national coach on 10 January to succeed Paul Le Guen as manager of Rangers.

"That's not club before country, that's bank account before country," the French coach said.

"In terms of sporting ethics I think it's a shame he has the right to abandon them like that. He is laughing in the players' faces."

Smith led Scotland to a memorable victory over France in their Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden in October.

But Domenech accused the new Rangers manager of taking advantage of Scotland's recent resurgence to further his own career.

"It's scandalous. He's taken advantage of the momentum they've given him and then dropped them," Domenech said.

"After all the hard work they've put in, he's left all of them."

Walter Smith left Scotland to begin his second spell at Rangers

Domenech said he believed Smith's departure could prove fatal to Scotland's Euro 2008 hopes.

When he joined Rangers, Smith said the Ibrox club were willing to offer him security that was not forthcoming in his role as Scotland manager.

"Rangers have offered me employment for the next three years," Smith said.

"My job with Scotland was going to finish in November if we didn't qualify for the European Championship. I had to look after myself."

He's just focked aff cause we fkin humped them "wan nutin" with our without baw boys!!! <rattat>

I was just about to say, this is the same eejit that blamed their defeat at Hampden on the ball boys. Clown. :rolleyes:

from bbc

France coach Raymond Domenech has accused former Scotland manager Walter Smith of betraying his country.

Smith left his role as national coach on 10 January to succeed Paul Le Guen as manager of Rangers.

"That's not club before country, that's bank account before country," the French coach said.

"In terms of sporting ethics I think it's a shame he has the right to abandon them like that. He is laughing in the players' faces."

Smith led Scotland to a memorable victory over France in their Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden in October.

But Domenech accused the new Rangers manager of taking advantage of Scotland's recent resurgence to further his own career.

"It's scandalous. He's taken advantage of the momentum they've given him and then dropped them," Domenech said.

Domenech said he believed Smith's departure could prove fatal to Scotland's Euro 2008 hopes.

When he joined Rangers, Smith said the Ibrox club were willing to offer him security that was not forthcoming in his role as Scotland manager.

"My job with Scotland was going to finish in November if we didn't qualify for the European Championship. I had to look after myself."

WTF business is it of his? French Twat. :rolleyes::lol:

from bbc

Domenech can gtf big time. With a team with more than 100 million pounds worth of talent they couldn't beat us at Hampden. He resorted to blaming our 'boy balls' ermm the Ball Boys.

A waste of skin?

I have absolute bloody contempt for that man!

from bbc

A truly odious character. Obviously still bitter about losing to us. I wouldn't blame Smith for responding to this, but we know he's the better man.

Guest Manticore

The thing is, this is yet another Anti Rangers myth in the making.

When Scotland get knocked out Wattie'll be in for a shedload of blame.

Some 'Tartan Army' fud at the weekend was talking about him walking out 'just when we're on the verge of qualifying'.

Walter should be thanked for what he did for Scotland and not pilloried.

That French fud is unhappy he cannot get back at Walter in Paris. The Tartan Army guy seems to be one with little faith in his team under new management.

Makes you wonder if people actually think before they speak.

:rolleyes:

Emergency over, lads. We can all put away our outrage and calm down - it's been revealed the journo who compiled this story got it wrong, and Dominech has refuted the comments attributed to him.

I retract the comment of 'odious' :)

Emergency over, lads. We can all put away our outrage and calm down - it's been revealed the journo who compiled this story got it wrong, and Dominech has refuted the comments attributed to him.

I retract the comment of 'odious' :)

Okey dokey then. This has to be a record for the quickest post and retraction yet (mine, not yours Danny!). :lol: