Does PLG merit a portrait?

davie_bluenose

387 members have voted

1. 1. Does PLG merrit a portriat.........

• YES
    • NO
    • UNSURE

i cant believe theres still fans who thought plg was a good manager and needed more time i think they forget about losing 2-0 to st.johnstone and signing diddies like litezi

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant believe theres still fans who thought plg was a good manager and needed more time i think they forget about losing 2-0 to st.johnstone and signing diddies like litezi

Plg was a good manager. Scotland is a retarted footballing culture and the fact someone like him couldn't change over rated wankers in our dressing room says more about them than him.

losing 2-0 to st.johnstone This proves you are a complete idiot. Man utd lost 2 cup games this season to lower league opposition as did liverpool and Real madrid. Does that mean Ferguson, Benitez and Pellegrini are not good managers?

Plg was a good manager. Scotland is a retarted footballing culture and the fact someone like him couldn't change over rated wankers in our dressing room says more about them than him.

losing 2-0 to st.johnstone This proves you are a complete idiot. Man utd lost 2 cup games this season to lower league opposition as did liverpool and Real madrid. Does that mean Ferguson, Benitez and Pellegrini are not good managers?

Are these the same over-rated wankers that Smith won the next 4 matches with septic with? Or took to a UEFA Cup final? A cup double? A league and Cup double?

Or are you referring to the over-rated wankers (Clement, Sebo, Sionko, Svennson etc..) that Le Guen HIMSELF brought in??

Are these the same over-rated wankers that Smith won the next 4 matches with septic with? Or took to a UEFA Cup final? A cup double? A league and Cup double?

Or are you referring to the over-rated wankers (Clement, Sebo, Sionko, Svennson etc..) that Le Guen HIMSELF brought in??

Sionko was the Czechs best player at Euro 2008. Svennson has gone on to be a full international and scored for Sweden a couple of weeks ago and Clement was clearly a very good player and continues to do well for PSG.

That wise old age wally couldn't lace the like of le guens boots as a football manager. How many offers from abroad has wally ever had? Would a club like lyon ever employ him? You can only come 1st or 2nd managing the old firm in Scotland so don't get too excited about the esh-peeee-el title or the diddy cups. We got to the uefa final through playing a disgusting style of football that the players made work through sheer effort.

Wally - aek, gothenburg, strasbourg, sevilla, unirea, kaunus. How many goals have we conceded in the champions league under Wally? It's humiliating.

Sionko was the Czechs best player at Euro 2008. Svennson has gone on to be a full international and scored for Sweden a couple of weeks ago and Clement was clearly a very good player and continues to do well for PSG.

That wise old age wally couldn't lace the like of le guens boots as a football manager. How many offers from abroad has wally ever had? Would a club like lyon ever employ him? You can only come 1st or 2nd managing the old firm in Scotland so don't get too excited about the esh-peeee-el title or the diddy cups. We got to the uefa final through playing a disgusting style of football that the players made work through sheer effort.

Wally - aek, gothenburg, strasbourg, sevilla, unirea, kaunus. How many goals have we conceded in the champions league under Wally? It's humiliating.

Manchester United employed Walter Smith

Can this be archived as the worst post ever? :D

Guest johngers

:lol:

You must be the most successful troll in the history of the internet.

:lol:

You must be the most successful troll in the history of the internet.

No. I'm not a troll. I just don't rate Walter Smith as a football manager (yes he's a great guy personally). I know that is hard for most Rangers fans to understand but it is just my opinion and I have formed it over many years of watching poor quality football and European shambles under Walter. It is no great achievement winning SPL titles and Walter has always spent plenty of money to do it (other than this season). Anyone who is not a retard could have won 9iar and the mark of the man is his failure to beat a rubbish Celtic team and give us ten and history.

Just my opinion, doesn't mean I'm a tim or I hate Walter. I just think he is an average manager who get's alot of credit for any success Rangers have but is totally excused for any failures. Don't you think that most average football managers would have a good chance of success with either Rangers or celtic due to the nature of Scottish football?

I say yes.

Its a tradition, shall we say, that a manager has his portrait added.

Being a traditionalist, I dont think its right to pick and choose what traditions we apply TBH.

He was in no way a success but he was our manager for a period of time and should therefore be added in my opinion.

Anyone who is not a retard could have won 9iar and the mark of the man is his failure to beat a rubbish Celtic team and give us ten and history.

Just my opinion, doesn't mean I'm a tim or I hate Walter. I just think he is an average manager who get's alot of credit for any success Rangers have but is totally excused for any failures. Don't you think that most average football managers would have a good chance of success with either Rangers or celtic due to the nature of Scottish football?

"Anyone who is not a retard could have won 9iar"

Utter nonsense.

"the mark of the man is his failure to beat a rubbish Celtic team and give us ten"

Utter nonsense.

"Don't you think that most average football managers would have a good chance of success with either Rangers or celtic due to the nature of Scottish football?"

So what does that make Le Guen - the man you were meant to be DEFENDING? :D

"Anyone who is not a retard could have won 9iar"

Utter nonsense.

"the mark of the man is his failure to beat a rubbish Celtic team and give us ten"

Utter nonsense.

"Don't you think that most average football managers would have a good chance of success with either Rangers or celtic due to the nature of Scottish football?"

So what does that make Le Guen - the man you were meant to be DEFENDING? :D

I'm loathe to defend PLG but he took over when we had finished third and were at our lowest ebb for twenty years, spent relatively very little and had us in second at the time of his departure five months or so into the season.

It took Walter Smith two full seasons and a lot of money (for us) to win back the league title.

It is counter productive to keep debating PLG. He came, didn't like what he saw and left sharpish. On the plus side he cost us very little money. There have been some shocking prime ministers in my lifetime but all have a picture hanging in 10 Downing Street as tradition dictates.

Nope. Why portray failure?

Fuck, my opinions have matured since then.

Of course he does, he's part of our history.

If ever in doubt about something to do with Rangers, it's always a handy pointer to consider what Tims would want us to do - then do the opposite. Rarely sees you wrong.

I'd imagine they'd want, to a man, Le Guen's portrait polluting the Blue Room, rather than in the dustbin - which is where I would stick it.

Nope. Why portray failure?

Fuck, my opinions have matured since then.

Of course he does, he's part of our history.

If ever in doubt about something to do with Rangers, it's always a handy pointer to consider what Tims would want us to do - then do the opposite. Rarely sees you wrong.

I'd imagine they'd want, to a man, Le Guen's portrait polluting the Blue Room, rather than in the dustbin - which is where I would stick it.

Most of us don't agonise over what the tims would do when honoring our traditions.

Just aswell the closest people like you will ever get to the Blue Room is an Ibrox tour.

I think he is worthy of a portrait, yes.

His short period of management was part of the club's history, after all.

It also serves as a timely reminder that any Rangers manager must be well-prepared for the task at hand, and mentally tough enough to withhold the scrutiny (from some quarters) that will come his way.

I think he is worthy of a portrait, yes.

His short period of management was part of the club's history, after all.

It also serves as a timely reminder that any Rangers manager must be well-prepared for the task at hand, and mentally tough enough to withhold the scrutiny (from some quarters) that will come his way.

I would hope that could be achieved without the need for having Le Guen's impish french face on the wall.

A conversation perhaps? Or a DVD?