DaMarcus Beasley

Some people don't seem to rate him, probably because he's a different player to what they expected, but I think he's quality.

Yes for being quick and nippy he probably doesn't get to the byeline enough, but there's more to his game than that.

He's an extremely intelligent player who rarely wastes possession, but he has the pace to fall back on if need be.

Every year there seems to be a player who is poor in their first season but ups their game and wins a place in the side in their second year. Papac did it last year and Hemdani did it the season before for example and after a dissapointing first season I think it will be Beasley next year.

I just fail to see how a player who offers so many attributes that we lack: pace, mobility, a left foot, technical ability and intelligence, aswell as a genuine vast degree of experience can't be an asset.

He's class. He's the kind of player that can create something out of nothing - exactly what we were missing towards the end of last season. I wouldn't say he had a bad season at all, he was playing on a regular basis and doing well before he got injured. He set up a few goals, scored a few goals, and won us loads of free kicks and penalties which led to goals. Definitely a useful person to have in any team.

I think he'll be one of the first picks next season. (tu)

Some people don't seem to rate him, probably because he's a different player to what they expected

Yep - very different - because he was no where near as good as I expected. I hope he's another McCoist, Hateley in that he improves vastly as his career at Ibrox unfolds.

hasnt done quite as well as i would have hoped although the injury didnt help as he didnt have that much time to settle in scotland. I think he can be a good player for us but he was frustrating me in the cup final at times when he played. Several times he was just hugging the touch line and going back towards papac when papac had the ball. He should be making runs up the left hand side. There was one time papac played a simple through ball and beasley left the right back for dead he had so much pace. That is what we need to see from beasley next season, making the runs towards the defence, a simple ball over the defender for him to run onto and get into the box will bring us lots of goals next season if he does that.

I really didn't like what i saw from him last season tbh.

Just tracked back too much and never ran at the man ahead of him.

But new season, fresh start, lets see what he can do.

I doubted him originally due to his reluctance to take a man on, but when he came back for the cup final - albeit against dire opposition - we seen what we have missed.

He is the only player have have capable of swinging in a decent cross and I am looking forward to seeing him next year.

I think he's either a hit or a miss. I'll give him more time before judging him.

me too, but I have liked some of his performances for the US so far!!

Is it possible the small pitch we have at Ibrox limits his qualities a little?

Doubt as last time I looked we have the biggest pitch dimensions in the SPL, we have the widest pitch in Britain wider than Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea. Only Everton can match it at 78 yards.

Wouldnt mind seeing if this has changed over time as last checked it was 115yards x 78 yards

i doubt he'll get a game next year to be honest & i'm not to fussed not a great admirer of him think he's too clumsy

Clumsy? Was I watching the same player?

If he doesn't get a regular game next season, it'll tell me a LOT about Walter.

Speaking of DMB, he just opened his own soccer school in the states.

DaMarcus played decently in the high profile friendlies we just had against England, Spain, and Argentina. Average against England, well against Spain, and brilliantly against Argentina. Losing 1-0 to the now Euro Champs and drawing with the world number 1, was due in part to DMB's work ethic and pace. He played in several different positions but still looked most comfortable on the left wing, as always. He even played central midfield for a bit after we went down to 10 men against Argentina.

Beasley's still a bit rusty though, and did not shine against minnow Barbados in WCQ (granted they packed it in and we won 9-0 on aggregate ). He had one assist, and actually played the second match as a striker with Freddy Adu due to trying to fit some fringe midfielders into the team.

Beasley of the Legendary Glasgow Rangers Returns Home

i doubt he'll get a game next year to be honest & i'm not to fussed not a great admirer of him think he's too clumsy

Disagree there mate, i think he will not only be a regular starter he will be one of the first picks.

Clumsy? Was I watching the same player?

If he doesn't get a regular game next season, it'll tell me a LOT about Walter.

Totally agree mate!

I will be taking my USA flag to away game next season as usual so keep an eye out for me everyone...just hope he plays in some more games next season!