All Glenn Loovens Talk

Muff

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a City fan and follow Rangers as my old man is from up that way. Loovens is quality. We have the best 2 centre backs in the championship by miles. He gets stuck in. Good in the air and a great tackler. He would do a great job at Rangers. A much better player than Shittu. Whenever I have seen him down here, he has been terrible! Just clatters into anyone that comes near him and cant pass. He just thumps it as far as he can!

We played Middlesborough in the Quarter finals and their new brazilian striker didnt get a sniff with Loovens marking him. He could comfortably play in the premiership.

According to the press, we have been after Cousin or Boyd for a while. We will never get Boyd though as he doesnt want to leave and Risdale doesnt want to spend that sort of money. Hopefully Cousin will score some goals in the championship if he comes here!!!

I am a City fan and follow Rangers as my old man is from up that way. Loovens is quality. We have the best 2 centre backs in the championship by miles. He gets stuck in. Good in the air and a great tackler. He would do a great job at Rangers. A much better player than Shittu. Whenever I have seen him down here, he has been terrible! Just clatters into anyone that comes near him and cant pass. He just thumps it as far as he can!

We played Middlesborough in the Quarter finals and their new brazilian striker didnt get a sniff with Loovens marking him. He could comfortably play in the premiership.

According to the press, we have been after Cousin or Boyd for a while. We will never get Boyd though as he doesnt want to leave and Risdale doesnt want to spend that sort of money. Hopefully Cousin will score some goals in the championship if he comes here!!!

Cousin will certainly score if he finds a manager that can keep him motivated

If you get Cousin then i think he'll score alot for you.

He's a good player but just a moody bastard...

Loovens in,Boyd going the other way? Lets hope so. (tu)

<_< wtf?

Don't worry mate, he can't stand Boyd! Almost hates him! Unbelievable, the 2 domestic cup final should be dedicated to him!

I just hope this is the papers talking crap!

how do we expect to progress in europe if we are signing defenders from the championship?

we need to sign a center back like marek suchy (great potential and is champs league quality) or Patrick Muller (experienced centre back with over 100 caps and on a bosman)

not just some average player from cardiff

BBC news just reported we have offerd boyd bt want 100 k from cardiff plus loovens

if boyd goes i dnt return to ibrox absolute disgrace whats going on at the moment !

the thing that annoyes me i reniewed my season ticket and as soon as the final payment came off 3 days later miller was announced and the so called quality players that were to be drafted in are just not even spoken of !

i demand answers from murray now !

If Boyd goes as part of the deal for Loovens then i'm finished with Ibrox under the current set up - Boyds not everyones cup of tea but i bet if we played 4-4-2 last season and gave Boyd a regular game we wouldn't have capitulated in the League - the guy knows what it takes to score in the SPL unlike Mhisser and potentially Lafferty who has been hardly prolific in the Championship.

Gutted at the thought of Boyd leaving and that wee chunt Miller getting a regular game.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7510493.stm

Rangers appear to have hit a stumbling block in their attempts to sign Cardiff City defender Glenn Loovens.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Ibrox club are prepared to offer striker Kris Boyd as part of the deal to bring the Dutchman to Glasgow.

In addition, Rangers want Cardiff to pay them £800,000 to balance the deal.

However, Cardiff have rejected the bid as the Championship side believe it is Rangers and not they who should be making the extra payment.

Manager Walter Smith has added Kenny Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty to the current pool of strikers comprising Jean-Claude Darcheville, Daniel Cousin, Nacho Novo and Boyd.

Fulham's interest in Cousin appears to have ended, leaving Rangers keen to sell one or two strikers in order to help finance other deals.

Boyd voiced concerns at the end of last season that he wasn't being given enough opportunities to play for the first team.

The Scottish international was then the subject of a £2.5 million bid from Cardiff last month, which Rangers rejected.

Despite Rangers and David Weir agreeing a deal to keep the veteran defender at Ibrox for another season, Smith is keen to add another central defender to the squad.

Loovens has been capped at under-21 level by the Netherlands and starred for Cardiff in the FA Cup final in May.

He signed a three-year deal in May 2006, having been on loan from Feyenoord the previous season.

Loovens, 24, will be entering the final year of his contract with the Bluebirds and this is likely to be weighing on Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale's mind in his dealings with interested clubs.

wtf ?

Rangers appear to have hit a stumbling block in their attempts to sign Cardiff City defender Glenn Loovens.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Ibrox club are prepared to offer striker Kris Boyd as part of the deal to bring the Dutchman to Glasgow.

In addition, Rangers want Cardiff to pay them £800,000 to balance the deal. Cardiff, though, have rejected the bid, as the Championship side believe it is Rangers and not they who should be making the extra payment.

Manager Walter Smith has added Kenny Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty to the current pool of strikers comprising Jean-Claude Darcheville, Daniel Cousin, Nacho Novo and Boyd.

Fulham's interest in Cousin appears to have ended, leaving Rangers keen to sell one or two strikers in order to help finance other deals.

Boyd voiced concerns at the end of last season that he wasn't being given enough opportunities to play for the first team.

The Scottish international was then the subject of a £2.5 million bid from Cardiff last month, which Rangers rejected.

Despite Rangers and David Weir agreeing a deal to keep the veteran defender at Ibrox for another season, Smith is keen to add another central defender to the squad.

Loovens has been capped at under-21 level by the Netherlands and starred for Cardiff in the FA Cup final in May. He signed a three-year deal in May 2006, having been on loan from Feyenoord the previous season.

He will be entering the final year of his contract with the Bluebirds and this is likely to be weighing on Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale's mind in his dealings with interested clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7510493.stm

Could be bullshit though.

Should be offering COUSIN not fucking boyd.