Went to buy new rangers top in JJB Sports

Bakoni

I went along to the JJB Sports shop on Lothian Road to buy the new Rangers home top.

I usually get at least one top a season, but i've never had any names or anything printed on the back.

This time though I fancied getting something on it, to make it a bit more personal.

Many couples have silly names for each other, but they can mean a lot too each other. Well, my girlfriends name for me is Scary Bear. She didn't even know about any Rangers connection!

Anyway, I thought this would be perfect. Never fancied having my own name on it, or a players name. But this would have rangers connections, and my girlfriend would love it.

So I asked the guy behind the counter, SCARY BEAR as the name and I went for 84 as the number, the year I was born. He wasn't sure about it, he said he would have to as his manager if it was ok! I couldn't believe it, but was sure they would still do it. After a while the guy came back and told me they wouldn't do it. Only surnames were allowed, otherwise they might get into trouble!

Is it just me or is this just mad? The top is £45, I should be allowed to put whatever I want on it.

Who is that going to offend?

Know exactly what you mean. I went to buy last years third kit and wanted Amazing 9 on the back but they told me they couldnt do it in case it 'offended' people! Said they would get complaints from celtc fans if they put amazing on the back of a Rangers top. Tits. The manager looked like one of them so i reckon thats the reason i wasnt allowed...

You could make a fake ID.

Yes my name is Mr Will Amazing and i'd like me surname on the shirt please.

Hehe! I was so close to telling them my middle name was Amazing but thought that might be taking it too far! :D

This is another massive fcuk up by Murray, many negative reports about the treatment of fans by their staff and indeed the company. A young mate and his wife went in with their wee one and couldn't believe our display against the bheggars one, ours was about a third of the size. He asked why the Rangers one was smaller and their reply was, work out this logic, that the Rangers display couldn't be bigger than the mhanks. When he asked why it wasn't even the same size he was met with stoney silence. His wife came back over to him and said they didn't have the kids size in shorts, so needless to say he told them to stick it up the jazz drum. I suggest you do the same and complain to Ibrox about this outrage ! :sherlock:

Guest therabbitt

It is crazy and their loss - I remeber trying to buy an AC Milan top from them for a mate and wanted Shevchenko on the back - they said they couldnt do it because they only had the lettering for SPL and EPL - I couldnt believe it, are they the fashion police now too, if I want the numbers and letters, sell them to me, put them on the shirt for gooness sake!!

I went along to the JJB Sports shop on Lothian Road to buy the new Rangers home top.

I usually get at least one top a season, but i've never had any names or anything printed on the back.

This time though I fancied getting something on it, to make it a bit more personal.

Many couples have silly names for each other, but they can mean a lot too each other. Well, my girlfriends name for me is Scary Bear. She didn't even know about any Rangers connection!

Anyway, I thought this would be perfect. Never fancied having my own name on it, or a players name. But this would have rangers connections, and my girlfriend would love it.

So I asked the guy behind the counter, SCARY BEAR as the name and I went for 84 as the number, the year I was born. He wasn't sure about it, he said he would have to as his manager if it was ok! I couldn't believe it, but was sure they would still do it. After a while the guy came back and told me they wouldn't do it. Only surnames were allowed, otherwise they might get into trouble!

Is it just me or is this just mad? The top is £45, I should be allowed to put whatever I want on it.

Who is that going to offend?

yeah they wouldn't put my name on the back either :craphead:

This is another massive fcuk up by Murray, many negative reports about the treatment of fans by their staff and indeed the company. A young mate and his wife went in with their wee one and couldn't believe our display against the bheggars one, ours was about a third of the size. He asked why the Rangers one was smaller and their reply was, work out this logic, that the Rangers display couldn't be bigger than the mhanks. When he asked why it wasn't even the same size he was met with stoney silence. His wife came back over to him and said they didn't have the kids size in shorts, so needless to say he told them to stick it up the jazz drum. I suggest you do the same and complain to Ibrox about this outrage ! :sherlock:

I've been in a few JJB shops where the Rangers section is smaller than the Celtic section.

Got to wonder about Rangers sometimes, right the ideal business option for them is for the fans to buy direct. So he pays off a load of people and gives this mob the option to supply the Rangers fans with strips and all they do is treat our fans like shite. Don't buy the strips from this mhob and make your complaints heard to the powers that be. Murray is now close to having the protests for a host of reasons at his front door and this time his rent a mob will get a fcukin good hard kickin. :sherlock:

my mate went to the celtic shop in glasgow to get manchester 08 in the back of his rangers top as all the JJB stores had no letters left. All letters and numbers in the spl are the same. Could chance your luck and see if they could put scary bear 84 on it. Youll Have to swallow your pride for a few minutes!

i worked for JD Sports and the difference of how the 2 stores merchandise their shops is unbelievable.

no wonder JJB are losing money annually, the way they merchandise their stock is abysmal. i went in to look at all the new World Cup tops in the one in Irvine and they are all just blasted out, sizes aren't arranged in any order, tops not arranged in any order etc.

no one upkeeps the tidyness of them. no wonder they lose money, i don't want a top that looks like its just bunged out, tagged in the wrong places and will have a mark or pooks all over the top.

the rangers section is the same. its like a bomb has hit the store. made a massive boob doing dealings with that chain of stores.

Know exactly what you mean. I went to buy last years third kit and wanted Amazing 9 on the back but they told me they couldnt do it in case it 'offended' people! Said they would get complaints from celtc fans if they put amazing on the back of a Rangers top. Tits. The manager looked like one of them so i reckon thats the reason i wasnt allowed...

I was just in JJB in Dumfries this morning and the lad in front of me was buying Septic's new yellow strip, on the back it said "CHAMPS 09" ?

...but that is OK I guess!!?? :angry2:

I was just in JJB in Dumfries this morning and the lad in front of me was buying Septic's new yellow strip, on the back it said "CHAMPS 09" ?

...but that is OK I guess!!?? :angry2:

It's baffling, but I can only suspect that it's tims working in these places.