Pedro Mendes - Bid Accepted

Hopefully we're actively seeking to bring in both of them rather than one or the other.

a sort of "right, fuck it, 2 midfielders n thats yer whack!" :lol:

Anymore news on this deal? Earlier on there was talk of having both Pedro and Davis in by the Euro dealine tonight, now nothing!

1st post by the way :unionflag:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we're actively seeking to bring in both of them rather than one or the other.

a sort of "right, fuck it, 2 midfielders n thats yer whack!" :lol:

Anymore news on this deal? Earlier on there was talk of having both Pedro and Davis in by the Euro dealine tonight, now nothing!

1st post by the way :unionflag:

Welcome to the site :rangers:

No news so far, guess we'll just have to wait and see..

Probably best to get our low expectation hats on - and then anything that happens will be a bonus. I'll be up firing around all the sites for any news as usual and I'd love something to come off (this boy or Davis would do nicely) though.

wouldnt hold my breath. How many names come up over the transfer season and they all fail. Mendes is another. The only player rangers will sign will be davis and that will be at 11:59pm before the transfer window closes. Be ready for another 10 names that the daily record will pull out of the hat before the window closer.

mendes would be a good signing imo, certainly not afraid to shoot from outside the box and thats something we lack most of the time. Charlie adam shoots quite a bit but hes nearer the corner flag than the goal most of the time. I cant see it happening unfortunatly i think he would be on £30k+ a week and we cant afford that.

am i the only one worried that we are goin down this ludicrous last night fiasco of signing players when weve had since start of july to bed guys in

It's totally fukin maddening. You'd think you'd do everything to have it all packed away before you started your friendlies. I hope it's a masterplan, because it just gets more and more embarrassing watching us scramble about like amatuer's.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines..._in_Gow_out.php

Rangers' search for midfield reinforcements will continue, as Hearts and Dundee United rekindle their interest in Alan Gow, the forgotten man of Ibrox.

The proposed transfer of Steven Davis remains unresolved, despite Fulham lowering their asking price for the 23-year-old. Another day of negotiations ended with Davis a step closer to returning to Rangers after the clubs came close to agreeing a fee in the region of £3.5m.

Walter Smith, the Rangers manager, has also been linked with a move for Dickson Etuhu, the Nigerian midfielder who joined Sunderland from Norwich City for £1.5m last summer and made 20 appearances, but is no longer part of Roy Keane's plans. However, Rangers' tentative approach for Portsmouth's Pedro Mendes is unlikely to bear fruit with Harry Redknapp keen to keep the Portuguese playmaker, whose £32,000-a-week salary is prohibitive to any permanent transfer.

advertisement

The plight of Gow, signed last season on a Bosman from Falkirk and consigned to two cup outings against third division opposition, could at last be reaching its conclusion. Rangers have told the striker he can leave for free, but he has already passed up the opportunity to join Burnley and watched a proposed move to Norwich City collapse.

Gow's wages remain a stumbling block to any move within the Clydesdale Bank Premier League, but Rangers may consider increasing their compensation offer to terminate the remaining two years of his contract. Gow was offered a £60,000 severance package, but is holding out for his full entitlement.

A compromise deal of a year's wages would give Gow financial security to accept a wage cut in order to stay in Scotland. Csaba Laszlo, the Hearts manager, has stated his intention to recruit young Scottish talent but could face competition from Dundee United.

Craig Levein, the United manager, made an enquiry last season to take the player on loan, but the £600,000 transfer of Noel Hunt to Reading has given Levein greater latitude in his wage bill and that could revive his interest in Gow.

thats wats happening i believe, we will have davis tonight, maybe tuhu for cover but i dont know nothing about the guy

aint any noises oh a defender though, which is priority

Pedro Mendes would definitely give us a good hard-nosed edge but I think we saw what Davis can do in the last 6 months and he's the only one that I can see giving us anything in place of Barry.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Andypendek

What a shite article! 'Major pyschological damage?' You're a shitey writer on the Herald, not Carl fucking Jung. I assume it's being rewritten as we speak given it mentioned Mendes in about 2 sentences at the top...if that goes out at it stands it is a disgrace.

Pedro Mendes would indeed be a terrific signing. I'd love to see him play in the middle and then when Fergie comes back slide Thommo out wide.

Why the fuck would you slide Thomson out wide?

He's a defensive midfielder.