Pedro Mendes - Bid Accepted

Pedro Mendes would indeed be a terrific signing. I'd love to see him play in the middle and then when Fergie comes back slide Thommo out wide.

Why the fuck would you slide Thomson out wide?

He's a defensive midfielder.

I think a midfield three of Mendes-Fergsuon-Thomson with Aaron playing centrally off of two striker could be excellent.

However we don't have full backs capable of getting forward and offering the width needed.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that article seems more about bigging up lawell than anything else, i dont think we are incensed at losing out on loovens, especially at £3M but then im sure we will all be delighted with mendes signing!

Pedro Mendes would indeed be a terrific signing. I'd love to see him play in the middle and then when Fergie comes back slide Thommo out wide.

Why the fuck would you slide Thomson out wide?

He's a defensive midfielder.

I think a midfield three of Mendes-Fergsuon-Thomson with Aaron playing centrally off of two striker could be excellent.

However we don't have full backs capable of getting forward and offering the width needed.

Aye, but you wouldn't play Thomson 'wide'.

I'm well into my 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1.

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

This would be fantastic if its true and he does sign. If we sign him and Bresciano then Barry will play better to get his place back. Miss the old barry ferguson. :lol:

think we'll sign a couple more players before saturdays game against Kaunas B Team?

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

This would be fantastic if its true and he does sign. If we sign him and Bresciano then Barry will play better to get his place back. Miss the old barry ferguson. :lol:

think we'll sign a couple more players before saturdays game against Kaunas B Team?

Hopefully we get some business done tomorrow :D

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

I really hope so, we need to strengthen our squad before saturday. Still need a CM, RB and a CB ideally.

if we sign Mendes, Bresciano and a CB then i reckon we will be in contention for the title. Its starting to look better now were signing decent looking players instead of retiring spl shite.

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

I really hope so, we need to strengthen our squad before saturday. Still need a CM, RB and a CB ideally.

if we sign Mendes, Bresciano and a CB then i reckon we will be in contention for the title. Its starting to look better now were signing decent looking players instead of retiring spl shite.

It's definitely been a crazy few days.

I agree, if we can get those players and maybe Davis and sell Hamdani, then we would be sorted.

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

I agree, if we can get those players and maybe Davis and sell Hamdani, then we would be sorted.

100% behind u on that. Get rid of him, bring in the players were going for and if WS plays the same formation with 1 player playing behind the midfield 4, Thommo is the man for that role. Great DMF, cleans up well and he isny as slow as hemdani :lol:

------------------McGregor-------------------

Whittaker--Bougherra--Weir/Other--Papac

------------------Thomson--------------------

Niguez----Mendes----Bresciano----Beasley

----------------Boyd/Velicka-----------------

although saying that, Bresciano plays on the right in fifa 08 :lol:

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

100% behind u on that. Get rid of him, bring in the players were going for and if WS plays the same formation with 1 player playing behind the midfield 4, Thommo is the man for that role. Great DMF, cleans up well and he isny as slow as hemdani :lol:

(tu)

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

Thomson also can't tackle worth shit! He gets booked almost every game and ends up getting suspended for big games!

Mendes would be a great signing! (tu)

Quite a ridiculously anti-Rangers article in the Herald though. Words like "embarrassment" and "humiliation" were hardly appropriate. It was a Liewell arse-licking if ever I've seen one.

There were also negative comments re. the Bresciano signing, which I hope are unfounded.

ah right i see.

Cheers mate.

Thomson also can't tackle worth shit! He gets booked almost every game and ends up getting suspended for big games!

Exactly. Thomson would be a woeful defensive mid, he's just far too rash. I dont know why people think he could play there.

Thomson out wide? :unsure:

So he can foul a winger for a change :)

no convinced by mendes, if hes thick enuf to sign i really hope he's better than how i think he will be in the SPL, as i said before the memory of capucho sticks out wi this one....

Portsmouth just accepted 3m bid from rangers