Pedro Mendes - Bid Accepted

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really cant see it tbh. We never paid gazza 30k pw! And wee barry's certainly not on that now. I think the days of us attracting players still capable of pulling a premiership wage are gone, unless there's an emotional/sentimental attachment. Fukin hope i'm wrong with this fella tho, i remember him playing in a preseason friendly for spurs at ibrox a couple of years ago and he stood out, looked really cultured. (that wee tattiepicker robbie kheane stood out as well right enough, just for the dogs-abuse he took until he got carted off on a stretcher! :harhar: )

True, but then king Barry would come back and he would be back in regardless

dont worry i am back already.

why the hell would mendes move from playing in the best league in the world, getting paid 30gs to do so, to playing in a shite league?

why the hell would mendes move from playing in the best league in the world, getting paid 30gs to do so, to playing in a shite league?

prestige of a club like ours, playing in europe every season and getting some championship and cup medals before he retires... all be it SPL ones but they r winners medals all the same....

Why did you Barry? :harhar:

Kev sir, did i see u and JoJo stoatin around EK town centre on Monday? :pipe:

to be honest Jama, as a footballer im sure they dont give a flying fuck about medals. They want to earn the most money when they can, they only have a short career, which can be made shorter at anytime with one silly tackle, they want to know they have money in the bank if that comes about and can never play again.

Medals are the last thing on a players mind im sure. Sure winning cups and being a winner is great, but certainly not the first thing. Where is the prestige of Rangers? I think we lost it a good few years back.

Why did you Barry?

kuz i was pish and couldnt hack it :lol:

to be honest Jama, as a footballer im sure they dont give a flying fuck about medals. They want to earn the most money when they can, they only have a short career, which can be made shorter at anytime with one silly tackle, they want to know they have money in the bank if that comes about and can never play again.

Medals are the last thing on a players mind im sure. Sure winning cups and being a winner is great, but certainly not the first thing. Where is the prestige of Rangers? I think we lost it a good few years back.

Why did you Barry?

kuz i was pish and couldnt hack it :lol:

not as if he is going to be paid button to play for us, he will still be well off :)

Mcgreggor

Suchy Ceullar Weir Papac

Thomson

Davis Mendes

Adam

Boyd Lovenkrands

Adam doh

Going by transfer talk my team would be:-

_______________Greegs___________

Suchy_____Cuellar___Weir____Papac

Johnson__Mendes__Thomson__Beasley

________________Lovenkrands______

___________Boyd_________________

With Lovenkrads maybe getting moved out for Fleck if he didn't come :lol:

I am actually sittin here with a huge grin on my face

I think this could actually happen

And if it does, lets just say theres only 1 place the SPL trophy is headed this season and thats bk home where it belongs

Even if it is in the paper it could be made up, what else are they going to focus on? The stabbings in London? They are bored and have nothing else to report.

Northern Ireland Mad, has the rumor,also says Fulham has dropped the price for Davis.Hope it's true. (tu)

If we sign Mendes I'll eat a pube covered Pizza washed down with a pint of piss. :unionflag:

He ain't a superstar like people are making out either.

Savin this quote :D

:lol:

Even if it is in the paper it could be made up, what else are they going to focus on? The stabbings in London? They are bored and have nothing else to report.

Northern Ireland Mad, has the rumor,also says Fulham has dropped the price for Davis.Hope it's true. (tu)

Hi PB,

What is NI Mad?

Hi PB,

What is NI Mad?

http://www.northernireland-mad.co.uk/ :sherlock:

My 1000th post.

We wont get Mendes because we DONT pay those kind of wages. Unless of course the guy takes a pay cut.

Anyway I live in hope as this was my first choice before Davis. Nice to get both but Im not holding my breath.

Don't see us getting Mendes really, we have not been prepared to pay anything near his expected wages for a long time and something tells me that Murray isn't going to start now.

Davis is still a possibility although i still doubt that he is worth £3.5 million. I am almost certain that we are not going to sign a centre-half either, seeing as Walter is prepared to wait until January before trying to sign Loovens. Suggests to me that he is content with having Weir and Webster there for now which worries me greatly.

Don't get your hopes up guys. We have been over this course countless times in the past and have been left dissapointed.

Im not overly confident of getting him but its a step up from the usual pish were linked too, just have to wait and see how it goes, Davis will run us 1m more than mendes will, the only problem is wages and to be honest, Davis didnt prove to be a player thats worth the fee that Fulham are looking for.

Exclusive: Rangers set to swoop for Portsmouth star Pedro Mendes

Jul 24 2008 By Keith Jackson

RANGERS manager Walter Smith has opened talks with Portsmouth over a possible swoop for Portuguese playmaker Pedro Mendes.

Record Sport can reveal Smith has held preliminary discussions with Fratton Park boss Harry Redknapp to find out exactly how much it would cost to take the 29-year-old to Ibrox.

It's believed Redknapp is willing to do business for a player who has fallen out of his first-team plans and would expect a fee of around £2.5million. That falls within Smith's budget but Mendes' massive Pompey pay packet could yet see Rangers struggle to do a deal.

It's understood the ex-Porto and Spurs player is currently taking home £32,000 a week and Smith is unlikely to be able to match those kind of personal terms.

The Rangers boss sent his No.2 Ally McCoist to Portugal to watch Cardiff centre-half Glenn Loovens take on Celtic in Faro tonight. The Dutchman remains high on Smith's list of targets and it's expected an offer will be tabled at the start of next week if Loovens shows up well against Gordon Strachan's men.

Meanwhile, Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate has opened the door for Rangers to take Adam Johnson on loan.

The England Under 21 left-sided midfielder has been recalled after a loan spell at Watford but Southgate said: "We need to see whether he's with us for a year or needs more experience."

That looks good with Adam Johnson as well.........