Blame who ?

klbs-RFC

I'm disgusted with the result tonight the same as every member on here :mad:

Who is it exactly to blame here?

Is it Murray because he wont release enough funds for decent players ?

Is it Smith because the tactics he chooses and players he picks ?

Right now i am not going to start shouting that Wattie or Murray should go, I have seen worse times at our club than this.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Smith has spent nearly 25 million since he came back. Well I say spent, I mean wasted. The funds have been there, but I wouldn't trust him with another penny, assuming he stays (which I think he will).

Of course it's walters fault he picked the team. I said last season playing mcculloch is the same as playing with 10 men walter bought him Walter picks him, now he's bought Miller and picks him we are playing with 9 men every game,not even man U could win with only playing 9 men every game

Why do you need to spend money to beat a team like Kaunas? Kenny Miller alone cost more than their entire team. If we'd failed to win the SPL, or had failed to qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League then I can understand blaming Murray for under investment, but the team we lost to tonight are no better than the likes of St Mirren. To lose to them after 180 minutes of football is pathetic and has to be blamed on the management team.

i dont like murray but walter smith is entirely to blame for the mess we are in now imo. Murray has released funds, we spent £10m last year and nearly the same this year already. The problem is it has been wasted on average players, £2m on miller, £2m on whittaker, £2m+ on mcculloch etc. We were crying out for an attacking midfielder last year yet walter failed to play buffel and we then get rid of him, dont sign davis and ferguson gets injured. Now any moron could tell we needed at least one midfielder last year and now we dont have the 3 midfielders i have mentioned its obviuos we are going to struggle even more. We surely could have got someone in even on loan for a few months untill we could sort something out more permanent. £7m on 3 strikers but we cant find any midfielders? Even with good midfielders in the under 19s we will play older players out of position. Experience counts for nothing if you have no talent. One of the most experienced players in our team was responsible for both our goals tonight. Theres nothing wrong with being good defensively but there is something very very wrong in being poor in the final third and the blame for that lies with walter smith. Why spend £3.5m on lafferty to bring him on for 4mins at the end of a game. That money could have bought steve davis and i have no doubt we would have qualified had he been playing tonight.

Right - Walter has spent 9 million so far this season and yet we still have to play dailly, broadfoot, mcculloch and others and then Velicka comes on! This team is appalling, the signs were there all of last season even with the run in europe as our style of play is dull & boring. Walter has had the whole of the close season to sort out 1 or 2 creative players yet we end up with 3 average strikers adding to our ever increasing list of average strikers! Fucking hell he could have paid £6.5 million for 1 class striker rather than 3 average ones, I am so fucking miffed with this manager - I am sure that he will carry on and win the league and perform domestically but our team will never move forward in terms of style of play or increase our status abroad as a forward thinking modern team.

We will carry on scraping by beating the likes of Kilmarnock home and away and lumping high balls up to Mculloch as an attacking midfielder, fuck me the tactics would be appalling if this was a team from the 70's but were in a new century now! I have to say that Murray is mainly to blame for his terrible manager choices, his knee jerk reaction from the Paul LeGuen disaster was to appoint Walter again! His record in Europe from his first stint was a joke and a night like tonight was on the cards as soon as he came back. I think we need someone new upstairs who isn't afraid to pick exciting managers who want teams playing exciting football, Smith & Murray have taken us back to the dark ages of football!

i dont like murray but walter smith is entirely to blame for the mess we are in now imo. Murray has released funds, we spent £10m last year and nearly the same this year already. The problem is it has been wasted on average players, £2m on miller, £2m on whittaker, £2m+ on mcculloch etc. We were crying out for an attacking midfielder last year yet walter failed to play buffel and we then get rid of him, dont sign davis and ferguson gets injured. Now any moron could tell we needed at least one midfielder last year and now we dont have the 3 midfielders i have mentioned its obviuos we are going to struggle even more. We surely could have got someone in even on loan for a few months untill we could sort something out more permanent. £7m on 3 strikers but we cant find any midfielders? Even with good midfielders in the under 19s we will play older players out of position. Experience counts for nothing if you have no talent. One of the most experienced players in our team was responsible for both our goals tonight. Theres nothing wrong with being good defensively but there is something very very wrong in being poor in the final third and the blame for that lies with walter smith. Why spend £3.5m on lafferty to bring him on for 4mins at the end of a game. That money could have bought steve davis and i have no doubt we would have qualified had he been playing tonight.

3.5 million for a player to sit on the bench JOKE or 4 million for a instant started.... it is so obvious that it makes me angry. I can't understand it.

I posted this in another thread but it's relevent here

Everyone out.

Murray has raped us something silly yet the majority still cling to the 9IAR era and guard his shambolic running of the club - Question Sir Murray, how much money did you make from the Club Deck & corners getting built? How you can justify your dignified silence stance on our behalf when it us not you being dehumanized by the press is a fucking sin. Shame on you.

Bain you orange skinned freak - Who are you to tell a Rangers legend (greatest ever as voted by the fans) to stay away from Auchenhowie? This man watched all U19's games religiously and you have snatched that away from him. You are a detestable cunt who is ruining the club I love.

Smith, you are devoid of ideas and your obsession to play your mates however shite they may be performing is scandalous. You will destroy whatever momentum the U19's have by simply ignoring their talent via your mistrust of youngsters. You are to blame for tonight's embarrassment. You have been backed with a substantial amount of money and have wasted it - Our money and have left us in a seriously weakened position for SPL title hopes.

The three of you should walk away - you have all gotten rich on the back of our loyalty to our club. That loyalty is at breaking point. Leave now!

Murray for bringing Walter back.

Were you saying this when we were going for the quadruple ?

I was I like Walter Smith as a person but I have had a bad feeling since he came back I don't think he is the man for the job

surley one of the main jobs of a manager in any profession wether it be business or sport is to identify the problems with his organisation and fix them.

Smith has simply failed to do that this season (so far) we are crying out for a midfielder who posses a bit of flair and at the minute we also require a decent footballer in the midfield because of BF absence. Im no footballing genius but even i can spot that. Smith has not rectified this, and is claiming that funds are to low to sign steve davis who would go a long way to solving this issue. Instead he spends 2m on miller (poor choice) and 3m on lafferty whom is a good player and certainly one for the future, but why pay 3m if he is to play on the bench.

Managing resources is another job that Smith has shown isnt his strength, and numerous bears on this forum have shown their discontent for this, e.g novo on the right, daily in midfield, mulloch anywhere.

I think its time he stepped down and let some one who is going to be a bit more attack minded and is willing to give youth a chance!