Club or Country?

krisyrfc

Club or Country  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather play for your country than rangers ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a team with 5 tims playing no chance, plus fans who booed our national anthem, could never play for a team like that.

I honestly couldn't care less about how many tims were in the National team, not getting into the National Anthem thing.

dont want to sound like a potato farmer, but as a boy was raised as rangers and scotland fan. can understand u guys views, but i am a ger, but love my country. go to all games and just wish both could do well on differ levels and take this club v country sh&t away as i want both.

maybe unrealstic.

I honestly feel the same way - I hate the whole idea of being forced to make choice between the two. I love Rangers to the death and would like to be buried in the Light Blue strip, but drape my coffin with the Saltire. Contrary to a lot of beliefs, one can have a passion for both and I don't think they are in any way mutually exclusive. Just because a section of the Scotland support are idiots doesn't lessen my love for the Scotland team. I find following the National team refreshing because it's a chance to put aside enmities and actually co-operate and work together as Scots. Naiive? Aye, to some mebbe. But they can think what they will - I'll stand firm on my beliefs and Auld Clootie himself couldn't sway me from them.

dont want to sound like a potato farmer, but as a boy was raised as rangers and scotland fan. can understand u guys views, but i am a ger, but love my country. go to all games and just wish both could do well on differ levels and take this club v country sh&t away as i want both.

maybe unrealstic.

I honestly feel the same way - I hate the whole idea of being forced to make choice between the two. I love Rangers to the death and would like to be buried in the Light Blue strip, but drape my coffin with the Saltire. Contrary to a lot of beliefs, one can have a passion for both and I don't think they are in any way mutually exclusive. Just because a section of the Scotland support are idiots doesn't lessen my love for the Scotland team. I find following the National team refreshing because it's a chance to put aside enmities and actually co-operate and work together as Scots. Naiive? Aye, to some mebbe. But they can think what they will - I'll stand firm on my beliefs and Auld Clootie himself couldn't sway me from them.

(tu)

I like that you can say to a scottish football fan 'Our' about a position or something and its not a club thing and there's an affinity.

Rangers all the way, easy decision for me although I want Scotland to do well.

U had already replied Coop :P

No, that was macranger Boab, we have the same avatar ......... :harhar:

:lol: I could have swore that 1st post was yourself

Just shows the faith i put in avatars

TBH - If I was any good I would want it all and to play for both - My country is important to me and so is Rangers, they are two different entities and I love them both and there (except for occcasional idiotic timing schedule) is, never a club vs country conflict.

Personally, to play for Rangers would mean far more to me than playing for Scotland. I would love to play for Scotland though.

Agreed, but due to me being sh1te that aint gonna happen.

To be honest, i dont even know who Scotland are playing today, am just away to read the pape'r to find out.

I want them to win of course, regardless of the opposition, but wont be betting on them

while being patriotic about scotland I just don't feel the same connection due to the fact that club football is every week and it affects me on a daily basis, whereas international is more sporadic.

At the moment I feel this week is in the way, after the old firm win I can't wait for Rangers next match, I will watch and support scotland of course, but it doesn't give me the same buzz

I love Scotland and miss it, sad I know. But the thing I miss more than anything is the feeling when you see the pitch at Ibrox,for over twenty years I've been going to Ibrox and still the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

Hope Scotland do well today. :unionflag:

It's probably gonna sound daft, but though being Norwegian, I've always supported Scotland above my own country. I wouldn't rate Scotland and Rangers against each other - they're both highly important.

Watching the on-going game in Macedonia, though, is not too enjoyable, with five green cnuts in the starting line-up.

this mob are aboslute shit tho...if you look at the amount our team gets paid in comparison to these pikeys then it should be a walk in the park...pandev is the only one player that stands out in there team and weve hardly tested there keeper

Probably get slated here, but i'd play for our wee country before any other team in the world...

With Rangers at a very close second

I'd rather play for Northern Ireland than Scotland. I'd choose Rangers, Scotland fans are all arseholes. Let's face it, EVERY club in the SPL doesn't like us and these clubs fans have the same view.