Man arrested in connection with Lennon attack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7633618.stm

A man has been arrested over an alleged assault on Celtic coach Neil Lennon in the west end of Glasgow earlier this month.

The 46-year-old is expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday.

Police said inquiries were continuing to trace another man who is believed to have been involved.

Lennon was knocked unconscious during the attack, which happened hours after Celtic lost their SPL home match against Old Firm rivals Rangers.

Guest Andypendek
he'll be let go due to lack of evidence in a few weeks time.

I would hope he'll be let go a bit sooner than that, if they don't have enough evidence!

he'll be let go due to lack of evidence in a few weeks time.

I would hope he'll be let go a bit sooner than that, if they don't have enough evidence!

Cynicism makes me think they may string this out so that they have a suspect for as long as possible, given the hight profile of this minor case.

Anyone arrested for breaking that young Rangers fan's jaw?

Wouldn't just love it if he turned out to be a Killie fan or something.

Breaking News: police have issued a statement identifying the man arrested in connection with the lennon attack a police spokesperson had this to say "The man we have arrested in connection with the incident has been named as Mike McCurry,Mr McCurry had to be removed with force from the Rangers trophy room and was heard to be shouting I wish i had killed the wee ginger cunt ,Mon the Gers".Mr McCurry was unable to make a comment to the sunday mail but has been reported as asking for the police to allow him to play the Tina Turner hit "Simply The Best" in his Cell. The Sun.