WBA

reddrock

Just been chatting to a mate down here who is a big west brom fan and on there version of the RST and the big talk at there club is they are coming back for thommo in January

What do you think guys will thommo be sold and barry come back in to the side ??

Wouldnt surprise me, after all, we have Edu sitting waiting in the wings

Question is what would we get for thommo 4 mill ??

If Rangers play hardball they would get more, he has never overly impressed me, 5/10 in his Ibrox spell imo.

Wouldnt surprise me, after all, we have Edu sitting waiting in the wings

Question is what would we get for thommo 4 mill ??

We could realistically add more, this is a guy who has notched up a fair few assists already this season, and countless times we have missed him in big games. That spell last season including the two old firm games, it was no surprise me struggled. And we struggled against killie too this season... so he picks up needless booking, id rather have him in there than hemdani who doesnt put a tackle in at all

If WBA come in with 4 mill,ad take it that kind of money would buy a rite good centre-half to replace Weir which well need for the next few yrs.

Rangers are ok for central mid-fielders and to be honest Tommos ok but nothing startling,a think hes a tad slow doesnt get there in time often enough.

Cant see him being a success in the prem to many good players down there,he,d be back in a season or two.

Really don't see what all the fuss is about Thomson. Apart from a handful of good games he hasn't impressed me at all. He does a lot of chasing but most of it ends in a foul for the opposition and his passing is suspect.

A decent offer of 4 million from an English premier team and I'd take it and spend it on a center half.

This all comes down to how many bids we get and for what players.

What is a certainty to happen is that we need to recoup at least £10M before 30 June 2009 on transfers and get probably about 6-8 players off the wage bill.

I would say that we should expect to get around £5M for KT from a EPL side given the amount players cost down there, and that would be around half the money we need to raise in one go. If we really want KT to stay we have to sell off other players that will command a fee, and there are not that many of them given that Davis and Mendes will be barred from being sold due to the 3 clubs in a season rule.

I would rather lose Thomson than Boyd or McGregor given that we now have plenty of quality cover in central midfield, and we would not need to replace him as we already have his replacement in Edu.

I think Walter has foreseen this pre season and has signed EDU on the back of this deal potentially happening. Dont reckon we would get more than £5million for him though. All in all it would probably be a good bit of business for us if Edu goes on to fulfi his potential.

Thomson seems the obvious choice to be sold, if cash is required to sign a defender or winger.

I reckon he will drop to the bench when BF is fit to play & we also have cover in Edu.