Can anything actually be done to stop the Hatred?

lynchio

Don't get me wrong I think a strong rivalry is a great thing, but is it not about time that we left the rivalry to the football pitch and dropped all of the other crap that goes along with it.

I personally don't accept the "They do it so why shouldn't we" stance. To quote my mother "If one of them jumped off a bridge would you?"

Is there anyway at all to stop the "I hate you because you support THEM" mentality, yes you are always going to have your idiots and lets be honest both sides of the divide have their share.

Does either club do enough currently to try and disuade the hatred that has built up over the years?

One of the things that has got me thinking about this is that I have just had to fill in a form for my daughter to sign her up to a local school and the Uniform is green and my initial reaction was "I'm not having that like", then I thought what a totally ridiculous over the top reaction.

So what do people think? Is it time we stopped rising to the bait and try and have healthy banter with opposition fans rather than the current feeling of hatred that seems to exist.

When you break it down to its most basic form its 11 men v 11 men and its a game, a form of entertainment.

*Stands back and awaits to be flamed*

I don't think I've ever heard anybody say 'I hate you because you support them'.

Well ive never heard that myself, but you know what hes getting at.

It is madness that we hate someone because of the team he supports but it will never change and i for one will continue to hate them! :rangers:

Don't get me wrong I think a strong rivalry is a great thing, but is it not about time that we left the rivalry to the football pitch and dropped all of the other crap that goes along with it.

I personally don't accept the "They do it so why shouldn't we" stance. To quote my mother "If one of them jumped off a bridge would you?"

Is there anyway at all to stop the "I hate you because you support THEM" mentality, yes you are always going to have your idiots and lets be honest both sides of the divide have their share.

Does either club do enough currently to try and disuade the hatred that has built up over the years?

One of the things that has got me thinking about this is that I have just had to fill in a form for my daughter to sign her up to a local school and the Uniform is green and my initial reaction was "I'm not having that like", then I thought what a totally ridiculous over the top reaction.

So what do people think? Is it time we stopped rising to the bait and try and have healthy banter with opposition fans rather than the current feeling of hatred that seems to exist.

When you break it down to its most basic form its 11 men v 11 men and its a game, a form of entertainment.

No, ut I would encourage their family and friends to follow them over while I watched chuckling away ;)

I hate some of the Celtic support cos of their blind hatred towards my country and support for a foreign nation and terrorism.

I hate Celtic football club for their backing of such supporters and their failure to stop child abuse,to hire a protestamt outwith the playing staff,to condemn supporters and some players shouting sectarian slogans and showing support for child murderers and for continuing this stupid outdated "we're an Irish club" policy that should be booted out.

The hatred won't stop here.

Some of my closest mates are Celt*c fans so i wouldn't say we hate just because they support a shite team

My hatred is for the football club and the terrorist loving element of the support but on the subject of green stuff :lol:

I wont use a green pen or eat green jelly babies,i know im not alone :rolleyes:

When we're under this one-sided attack, we have no option but to fight back. It's self defence.

Being "nice and mature" didn't stop us taking a hammering in the press, due to their fans propaganda tricks, redefining anything we say to the point that "supporting Celtic" has been accepted as a race by certain diplomats, dodgy politicians and dubious journalists.

Ideally, yes we should be able to avoid the petty stuff, but ideally you shouldn't get jumped in the street and most would accept self defence in such contexts. They've started something that leaves us with no option but to stand up for ourselves and when you bear in mind that they've been telling tales, then the form of our retaliation must be similar.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody say 'I hate you because you support them'.

Well ive never heard that myself, but you know what hes getting at.

It is madness that we hate someone because of the team he supports but it will never change and i for one will continue to hate them! :rangers:

I agree. I hate Celtic FC as a whole, their players, their managers, and everything that they stand for. I'll never ever like them in any way at all, and I dont want Rangers to be seen as celtic's rivals, and classed as the "old firm". we are above these lowlifes and after the way they have embarassed themselves with their treatment of Novo, Shagger's car e.t.c, I want Rangers to stand alone, and not part of a Glasgow rivalry.

It is my sincere belief as long as we are shiting in their shoes and they are pissing in our bovril then all this hatred is never going to end

B. Connolly circa 1973.

P.S. Was it not "they're shitting in our shoes and we're pissing in their bovril"?

It is my sincere belief as long as we are shiting in their shoes and they are pissing in our bovril then all this hatred is never going to end

B. Connolly circa 1973.

P.S. Was it not "they're shitting in our shoes and we're pissing in their bovril"?

Not sure either way. Semantics old boy! :pipe:

Some of my closest mates are Celt*c fans so i wouldn't say we hate just because they support a shite team

My hatred is for the football club and the terrorist loving element of the support but on the subject of green stuff :lol:

i bite the heads off the f*ckers first :mutley:

i bite the heads off the f*ckers first :mutley:

Well, some of my family are dhims - I can say I dont hate them all - but i do hate most of em for allowing their bile to be reproduced year after year.

But, none of my family are terrorist loving plastic scum. They all shout for Scotland and dont agree with the sh1t that follows the "Glasgow derby" (lol).

I dont hate em all - but i hate that club and everything it stands for, its an embarrassment to Scotland and the jocks that follow ought to be ashamed.

Cos we ARE the people - and they are merely tenants’ who stay for the GB payouts yet hate the fundamental concept of GB. To hate what you are, where your from the way their bile songs show their hate - i hope they rot.

I mean, idealising through joyous song the deaths of British AND Scottish soldiers serving our country - its beyond words.

These people were taken in good faith, but like now with the asylum seekers, I qualify that the southern irish were our first asylum seekers, it will come back to bit us on the arse, don't matter what you do for these people they will always bite the hand off you especially catholic ones, they hated you before they came here and now they want to pay you back for the years of imaginary opression they suffered, they hate us more than you hate them. Well I'll qualify that again that used to be the case now I hate this scum more than they hate us. They are parasites and they know it ! :sherlock:

I despise all Celtic supporters apart from the ones I like.

It's OK to hate you rivals as a club and an entity. That hatred/rivalry should be allowed to come to the boil when opposing fans are faced with one another in the stadium through songs, shouts, dirty looks, gestures etc etc.

Every scum bag I happen to get on with or consider a friend (some my best friends) :lol: share my view entirely. We all remember the days when we could go to an OF game and sing whatever we wanted, blow of some steam then meet up for a drink afterwards to discuss the game and wind each other up.

Enter a minority of green and gray MOPES, and a media obsessed to outdo one another on how appalled they can portray their feelings on the issue and - eh viola.

We have one of the worlds biggest derbies sanatised beyond all recognition.

I believe that the PC brigade taking away hatred within the stadium has led to a deepening hatred away from the ground. I'd love to know if A&E wards are less full nowadays than they were 10 years a go. I seriously doubt it and I also believe it'll never improve.

Old Firm supporters don't end up in hospital due to nasty songs, banter and what not. They do so because some people are just fucking horrible by nature and use OF day as an excuse to get plastered.

But then that's a social and culture problem the politicians and mhedia simply can't be bothered tackling or acting holier than thou over. Best blame it on those big bad rangers fans and their nasty songs.

The politicians, mhedia and a small handful of monobrows have diluted one of the worlds greatest sporting spectacles. I hope they are happy.