1. 1. Scottish or British

• Scottish!
    • British!

Northern Irish!

:rolleyes:

Any reason your rolling your eyes??

:lol:

You haven't answered my question?

I suppose the thread and poll does ask whether you consider yourself British or Scottish which suggests it is aimed at Scottish people to answer.

It says on the title heading that he wants every RM member to vote!!

So your not British and you come from Northern Ireland,

I am British but i class myself as Northern Irish 1st, what is your problem with this?

Your the first from Northern Ireland i have seen to call themselves Northern irish call your self what you want

i call myself that because sinn fein hate the fact that we are our own country and me calling myself that pisses them off!

i suprised i'm the 1st from norn iron you've heard say that as there was a poll like this one done on our wee country website and northern irish won by a fair bit, not british!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, you're entitled to be Northern Irish. Though I class myself as British, maybe because Ive lived in England for most of my life. What part of East Belfast are you from?

Castlereagh!

:beer2:

I used to live on the Cregagh estate, my Grandparents still do (tu)

My family is from the cregagh estate, lovely part of the world! :unionflag:

No problem, you're entitled to be Northern Irish. Though I class myself as British, maybe because Ive lived in England for most of my life. What part of East Belfast are you from?

Castlereagh!

My family is from the cregagh estate, lovely part of the world! :unionflag:

Indeed :unionflag:

Scottish first for me, even though I've been permanently settled in the States for ages now and am an official US citizen (according to the passport). No problems with being called British, though it's very rare occurrence indeed here as people in the US are for the most part ignorant and automatically think British = English.

I voted Scottish because that's what i am. I am not english welsh or even norn irish.

But I am also British mainly because i am in the British Army and whenever anything happens to ANYONE in the army it pains me because they are one of my own.

So am I right in thinking Northern Ireland isnt part of Great Britain, but part of the United Kingdom?

So NI folks are United Kingish? not british? how confusing lol

British [n] the people of Great Britain (of which NI is not part of)

People from the United Kingdom are British citizens..... So people from Northern Ireland are British citizens but don't actually live in Great Britain (tu)

Castlereagh!

whiteabbey meself!

So am I right in thinking Northern Ireland isnt part of Great Britain, but part of the United Kingdom?

So NI folks are United Kingish? not british? how confusing lol

British [n] the people of Great Britain (of which NI is not part of)

The word 'British' also applies to any UK Citizen.

PS: Grammar police alert - 'of which NI is not part of' ending a sentence with a preposition is often frowned upon, but both beginning and ending a sentence (or a phrase in parenthesis) is just wrong.

Pedantic moment over.