Carlos cuellar

villafan

As a Villa fan when we signed the King we were grateful for Rangers fans for coming onto villatalk.com and sayig what a deal we got, I had seen him play in the UEFA and his great performance in the final and we all knew we had got a top player.

he could not break through for a couple of games but has now been in 4/5 games and even in that short time we can see why you guys rated him so much

I admit we stole him from you, we knew about his clause but he is a great player

check out Villatalk link for what we think of him

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that lnks not workin

should be

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PN...pic&t=45489

maybe he may go if a bigger club came calling but our ambition is for this type of quality player to get CL, then very few would leave us

who spotted him for Rangers ?

He played against us for Osasuna,i assume thats why we went for him

that lnks not workin

should be

maybe he may go if a bigger club came calling but our ambition is for this type of quality player to get CL, then very few would leave us

We played Osasuna in a UEFA Cup quarter final tie a couple of seasons ago and he stood out. Walter Smith then sent ex coach, John Brown, to check him out.

To put it simply, Cuellar is just a total collosus.

that lnks not workin

should be

did he always impress you ?

BTW if you don't want to talk about an ex player thats OK I will go.

that lnks not workin

should be

Hes far from the finished article which is scary but yea he kinda breezed through most games,no doubt he will have a few scary moments

down there but hes heading for the top

I don't think I ever seen Cuellar have one bad game for us.

I watched your UEFA final in a bar in Majorca surronded by well lets say some very drunk Scots, a very 'interesting' eperience but all they could do was to sing his song. So I posted on VT that he was the defender we hould go for not knowing we would ever get him !!

I think Villa are going to continue to get better and I don't see why they can't push for 4th place - Arsenal will probably just have too much over the course of the season.

As much as I don't like the guy, Martin O'Neill is a quality manager and if he can hold onto the likes of Barry, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor....and add even more quality then they will do well.

I don't see anyone coming in for Cuellar tbh - I think he'll stay at Villa. There is no doubt he's a very good player although I've not really seen much of him in the Premiership.

that lnks not workin

should be

It's fine mate, you're welcome here (tu)

Cuellar was great for us, and I'm sure he'll be great for you as well. Has he got his teeth fixed yet? :)

"He's six foot three with curly hair,

His teeth are fucked but we don't care,

Carlos Cuellar, the Villa centre half"

The only dodgy moment is when he should have conceded a pen against dundee utd in the cup final. That was about 10 secs reasonably poor in his rangers career.

He makes a decent goalie too, that save against Celtic was top class :craphead:

that lnks not workin

should be

It's fine mate, you're welcome here (tu)

Cuellar was great for us, and I'm sure he'll be great for you as well. Has he got his teeth fixed yet? :)

"He's six foot three with curly hair,

His teeth are fucked but we don't care,

Carlos Cuellar, the Villa centre half"

don't think he has and he shouldn't, it scares players !!!

I watched Cuellar on numerous occasions last season and I could not find a weakness in his game.

He is an awesome defender

Positioning, awareness, strong in the tackle, dominates in the air, is brave, calm under pressure, a leader, good on the ball and not afraid to step out of defence and pick a pass.

Cuellar, Best defender I have seen at Rangers

he was ma favorite player, mr.rangers getting, was going get him on ma shirt :D

then out europe but King Carlos comes out with "no im staying" i was so chuffed...

then he leaves :mad:

yep got to agree not the best move but I do wonder if we had shown any interest in him at that stage

I think Villa are going to continue to get better and I don't see why they can't push for 4th place - Arsenal will probably just have too much over the course of the season.

As much as I don't like the guy, Martin O'Neill is a quality manager and if he can hold onto the likes of Barry, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor....and add even more quality then they will do well.

I don't see anyone coming in for Cuellar tbh - I think he'll stay at Villa. There is no doubt he's a very good player although I've not really seen much of him in the Premiership.

well of course I know MON is not like on here but for us he has done a magnificent job and remeber we kept hold of Barry, Gabby signed a new contract ad young is about to.

If he though cuellar would fuck at the first so called big club I doubt MON would have signed him, as you know he appreicates loyality above all things.