Is it just me or did we actually play well last night?

CF5LOYAL

You would have thought we took a 5-0 tanking by the way some are going on. Calling for Walter to go again etc.

Despite a few silly mistakes, and thats all they were, I thought we played very well and some very good football. Let's not forget in the fist half we had 2 goals chopped off and possibly a third when Miller squared to Boyd but he stopped at the whistle but would have been another. In the second half their keeper pulled off 2 wonder saves from Boyd.

I also thought Davis and Miller were excellent. Both never gave up and were looking to be direct at every turn. It was defensive mistakes that cost us. There was a stat that went round the boards at the start of the game that we had only conced 2 in our last 5. If we can play like that in a footballing and attacking sense for the rest of the season I can't see us dropping many points.

It was just one of them nights unfortuantely. WATP :rangers:

You cannot fault the team in an attacking sense - three superb goals will see off most teams at home, but how often do we lose three at home? It's rare.

We will play much wore than last night and collect all three points - what's worrying me slightly is that, free of European commitments, we should at least have our noses in front at this stage.

You cannot fault the team in an attacking sense - three superb goals will see off most teams at home, but how often do we lose three at home? It's rare.

We will play much wore than last night and collect all three points - what's worrying me slightly is that, free of European commitments, we should at least have our noses in front at this stage.

That is exactly what I said to my mate in the car going up the road. Their euro run was out chance to build a lead.

But hey, we live to fight another day.

Thought we played well in 1st half, there was some good football played, after they scored heads did go down and communication left a wee bit to be desired, We did show spirit, resilience and a never say die attitude which is a good sign as these are qaulities which title winning sides have. Credit to Dundee Utd for giving us a good game. It was a cracking match, no doubt about that

Another night and that could have been a 5-0 game again. Infact we played better middle to front last night than on Saturday because United did not gift us the chances the way Caley did, we simply broke them down with at times some fantastic play!!! IMO that team last night is just about our strongest team except I would have Lafferty in there for Novo. Sloppy defending for their goals cost us last night and I would say the game clearly highlighted it is surely in January the end of the road for Davie Weir. If we sign one player in January, it must be a centre back!!!

We played well going forward. Miller, Boyd and Mendes linking up well again.

Poor at the back. McGregor not commanding enough, Davis poor marking for the third and Papac tackled like a poof for the first goal.

We really, really need a left sided midfielder who can go by a man and cross the ball. Novo just doesn't cut it there and Lafferty isn't a winger.

Another night and that could have been a 5-0 game again. Infact we played better middle to front last night than on Saturday because United did not gift us the chances the way Caley did, we simply broke them down with at times some fantastic play!!! IMO that team last night is just about our strongest team except I would have Lafferty in there for Novo. Sloppy defending for their goals cost us last night and I would say the game clearly highlighted it is surely in January the end of the road for Davie Weir. If we sign one player in January, it must be a centre back!!!

Why buy a centre back when Walter is preparing Lee McCulloch for that role?

:anguish:

You would have thought we took a 5-0 tanking by the way some are going on. Calling for Walter to go again etc.

Despite a few silly mistakes, and thats all they were, I thought we played very well and some very good football. Let's not forget in the fist half we had 2 goals chopped off and possibly a third when Miller squared to Boyd but he stopped at the whistle but would have been another. In the second half their keeper pulled off 2 wonder saves from Boyd.

I also thought Davis and Miller were excellent. Both never gave up and were looking to be direct at every turn. It was defensive mistakes that cost us. There was a stat that went round the boards at the start of the game that we had only conced 2 in our last 5. If we can play like that in a footballing and attacking sense for the rest of the season I can't see us dropping many points.

100% spot on mate, I cannot believe some of the Walter must go comments, I wonder if half of the people that make these comments actually go the games.

If anything I think we were a bit like Arsenal at the moment. Total control of the games but then a lack of concentration and mistakes at the back turn 3 points in to 1. I thought all our goals were brilliant though. Davis's was outstanding, and from looking at that second goal you wouldnt believe from that excellent finish that Sasa hadnt scored in over 2 years. I think Neil Alexander deserves another crack in goals on sunday though, McGregor should be sidelined, those mistakes are worse than anything Lionel Letizi ever did.

But in the cold light of day Im not as despondent as I was last night, I think we have a good squad that is capable of winning the league, and I think we will. :) Though I actually do wonder whether Walter has taken us as far as he can sometimes.

100% spot on mate, I cannot believe some of the Walter must go comments, I wonder if half of the people that make these comments actually go the games.

do you need to go to games to have an opinion i though in a democracy everyone is entitled to an opinion

my opinion for what its worth is its better to score a last minute goal to get a point playing well than it is to lose a last minute goal to get a point

celtic getting last minute leveller against us at the san giro to get a draw(stubbs scored) gave them the drive and confidence needed to stop us winning 10 in a row

while its not great losing two points at home ive spoke to 3 people who thought some of our play was terrific and but for bad luck and good goalkeeping gers would have netted 5 goals again

do you need to go to games to have an opinion i though in a democracy everyone is entitled to an opinion

my opinion for what its worth is its better to score a last minute goal to get a point playing well than it is to lose a last minute goal to get a point

celtic getting last minute leveller against us at the san giro to get a draw(stubbs scored) gave them the drive and confidence needed to stop us winning 10 in a row

while its not great losing two points at home ive spoke to 3 people who thought some of our play was terrific and but for bad luck and good goalkeeping gers would have netted 5 goals again

these people are spot on , great goalkeeping for utd cost us the points last night

We've had 'one of those nights(days)' twice in our last 4 league games.

When does it stop being a blip and become something indicative of worrying inconsistency?

Plus all the times it happened last season.