• Helicopter Sunday
    • Nine in a Row
    • Reaching the Uefa Cup Final
    • Other...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me Helicopter Sunday. Nothing else in my time supporting Rangers has brought such a surge of joy and emotion.

Had we won the UEFA cup then the answer may have been different, guess we'll never know.

Clinching 8 in a row, Gazza was just plain brilliant that day. Wept at full time along with the guys who traveled up with me that day. Set out early doors cargo in hand. Few beers in the lodge before heading to the train station.

Wonderful day, hit the horseshoe bar before cramming onto the underground, arrived at Ibrox about 90 mins before kick off. Tanned the cargo, got a few more bevvies from fellow bears (wee swift slug at some Buckie) and then into the match we went.

Still celebrating the next day, actually drank myself sober. Never believed that could be done but it was, and bloody marvelous it was to.

The last time I wept for the Gers....so far.

All good choices, but I put Helicopter Sunday.

I was at the game at Easter Road, and the fact we are 2 points behind on the last day never stopped us believing.

And also Septic were cocky dicks that day.

When I saw the Helicopter coming it marked the first time I cried at a match (and thats normally a hard thing to do for me)

Second time I cried was when Boyd scored to make it 2-2 at the CIS Cup Final at Hampden

It's Helicopter Sunday for me, every day of the week.

I don't even know if winning the UEFA Cup would have topped that for me. It's greater in terms of achievement for the club, but to see Celtic lose out on the league like that and hand it to us....just perfect.

And I was working in Motherwell Asda from 4-10 that day, watching them all trudge to the train station in tears :D

Best day of my life.

i am amazed that the eufa cup is in the lead when we have already reached 4 european finals and won 1 of them.

for the younger members 1972 only exists in the clubs history

i can understand that, but it was helicopter sunday for me

I voted reaching the UEFA cup final. So many great individual memories (Cousin goal against Bremen, Whittaker goal vs Sporting, Penalties vs Fiorentina) culminating in a once in a lifetime experience partying in Albert Square.

Helicopter Sunday was just bizarre. I physically couldn't believe it happened. Just sat there in the pub for an hour with a blank look on my face until it sunk it!

Another great personal memory was winning the 2002 Scottish Cup thanks to Lovenkrands' goals and a Barry free kick. Was at a mate's 18th bbq with a good mix of Rangers and Celtic fans. Superb banter!

i am amazed that the eufa cup is in the lead when we have already reached 4 european finals and won 1 of them.

agree 1972 celtic nearing 9 iar,no s / cup for 7 year 1 lg cup and getting humped 4 out of 5 by timmy.,not a happy time thats what makes it special to me

Helicopter Sunday

The feeling I got when I heard that we'd won the league was in-fcuking-credible.

To make it better I was playing football with some of my tim 'mates'.

The look on their faces!

Sums it up for me.

Watching McDonald hook that one by Boruc was just......In fact, words don't describe it.

I'll never see anything like that again.

you are correct the majority on the board are younger bears.

Helicopter Sunday

The feeling I got when I heard that we'd won the league was in-fcuking-credible.

To make it better I was playing football with some of my tim 'mates'.

The look on their faces!

Sums it up for me.

Watching McDonald hook that one by Boruc was just......In fact, words don't describe it.

I'll never see anything like that again.

It was Douglas then, not Boruc ;)