Is Barry Finished?

OrangeBurn

Is Barry Finished?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Is Barry Finished?

• Yes.
    • No.

BF is going to come back to regular games he isnt going to be as good as he was but he is really good at booting players that arnt doing as well as they can up the a**e.

What's the point in that though? A bit of constructive criticism would be much better served.

When Barry starts mouthing off, every other player goes into their shell because they know that Mr Rangers is probably the 2nd most powerful man at the club.

That should never happen in a million years, and, thats not Fergusons fault, thats the timid players fault, and, I would be more disappointed in their attitude if they do that.

I assumed that the original point was, perhaps he will try to get players to play the full game, rather than wait 24 mins to start, and, switch off with half an hour left, as we have been doing

good point outlaw.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe your point kind of contradicts itself! Exactly, he is 30! When he gets a couple SPL games under his belt he will be the fittest man in a Rangers jersey, mark my words! In my opinion there is still only one player who can take this team by the scruff of the neck and lead us to the Championship, starting with 3 points tonight at Fir Park!

• 3 weeks later...

Garbage today.

No influence at all.

Not easy when partnered by Lafferty and Adams, but these are the games the captain should be grabbing by the scruff of the neck and leading by example.

I think we may not see the Ferguson of old, but I still expected better.

It's pretty much ridiculous to say he's finished, but he certainly shouldnt have the amount of power that he currently possesses at the club.

Today he was awful and we needed a more dynamic midfielder in there to thwart Kingston and Aguiar. If Smith was worth his salt, he'd have subbed him after 60 minutes.

no, not finished. however he's not the attacking mifielder he was 5 years ago. i think someone needs to tell him and make him realise he has all the capabilities of bein a holding player so stop trying to drive forward and slowing the game down!

TBH I dont think he he looks slow, just no engine or game awareness at the moment which I dont think is something an injury affects.

I will give him 5 more games to judge truly, but at the moment I dont want him in the team I think he is hampering the team and hampering mendes.

Today he was absolutely fucking useless. He should have been taken off for Edu at half time. Why did he insist on taking every throw in, then giving it straight to a Hearts player? How anyone can play so badly, but have the audacity to take the ball off other players, then do nothing with it, I have no idea. I can honestly say if he never played for us again it wouldn't bother me.

Am I the only one on this board that has noticed our drop in form since he returned from injury - he is useless and should move on. I personally would never have taken him back after he moved to engerlund

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:mutley:

I have to laugh at some muppets on this forum, one bad game (through no fault of his own i might add) and already the daggers are being sharpened and the cry's of "Fergie is finished" start. I mean FFS the guy is just back from a lengthy injury not to mention the fact he played most of last season injured and we are expecting him to be the player he was in his prime, get a grip !!

As for yesterdays game, had you taken ANY midfielder in the world from Gerrard, Kaka or Lampard etc. they would all have looked shocking in our side yesterday. How can a midfielder be expected to influence a game when his entire back four have orders to PUNT the ball up to Boyd and Darcheville at every opportunity?

The problem is not with Ferguson or his lack of match fitness, the problem is with Walter "the dinosaur" Smith and his dated "long ball" tactics that just dont work in the modern game. I remember when Advocaat first took charge and we started actually passing the ball for once and some of the good football we played, it's time for a change, it's to start playing football as crazy as that may sound !

Boyd and Ferguson shouldn't be near a football pitch these days. They both put in abject performances yesterday.

Where did we get that Mendes chap from? He's being regularly out-thought by all sorts of mediocre SPL dross. If anyone wants him for any money, they can have him. Charlie Adam was actually carrying Ferguson, Mendes and Lafferty, yesterday.

I have to laugh at some muppets on this forum, one bad game

What Ferguson you been watching?

He's been pish since coming back. That's more than one bad game plus the awful performances he threw in last season. He's finished - get him away to fcuk. Captain material my arse. Won't be long before he's blamiong niggling injuries yet again.

Since the injury he had when PLG arrived he has hardly kicked a ball. That is two years by my reckoning that we have been waiting for him to get up to speed, back to the old Barry we all remember. Heres the truth, that is not going to happen. He is 31 in the new year, was never the quickest anyway and his vision went long ago. When was the last time he made a defence splitting pass that he was known for? Sorry Barry, thanks for your service. The best we had produced in many a year, but you are going to hold your beloved team back as long as you insist on playing-fit or not.