If you had to the opporunity to move down south, but..

GOAT

Blue Square premier - Would you?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Blue Square premier - Would you?

• Yes
    • No

But we'd only be in non-league football for a couple of years...

And we could easily borrow against our future TV earnings if needed, to cover any shortfall in cash for those years.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we could easily borrow against our future TV earnings if needed, to cover any shortfall in cash for those years.

Long enough for any of our star players to seek a move to a club in a higher division. As recent transfer windows have shown, players don't tend to stick around at clubs where they feel they can't play at a higher level immediately.

i cant see why anyone would vote yes. financially we would crumble (even more). we would lose all of our best players - f not all our players including the likes of fleck. as good as our fans are, we would not fill the stadium

basically there are no pros for starting in blue square. if we started in championship on the otherhand......

We'd be playing EPL football in 4 seasons time. We'd romp through every league, winning each one (bar maybe the Championship) by about 25 points.

It's one of my dreams to see Rangers make the move down to England. Scottish football is like a footballing holocaust nowadays.

Long enough for any of our star players to seek a move to a club in a higher division. As recent transfer windows have shown, players don't tend to stick around at clubs where they feel they can't play at a higher level immediately.

You don't seriously think we would struggle to make the EPL? Our income would be quintruple of what our contemporaries would be making up until the Championship.

Good grief, the vote's pretty close. Can't see this as attractive at all - we would struggle to sign players of quality and our income would drop substantially without any European football for years. If the fans started to drift away we would be in real trouble.

BTW, does this brilliant plan involve persuading Celtic to join as well? If not, then I can imagine they would leave us in the dust by being the only top flight team in Scotland and playing in the CL every year. An entire generation of fans could end up viewing us a bit like Third Lanark.

Not for me

Good grief, the vote's pretty close. Can't see this as attractive at all - we would struggle to sign players of quality and our income would drop substantially without any European football for years. If the fans started to drift away we would be in real trouble.

BTW, does this brilliant plan involve persuading Celtic to join as well? If not, then I can imagine they would leave us in the dust by being the only top flight team in Scotland and playing in the CL every year. An entire generation of fans could end up viewing us a bit like Third Lanark.

Not for me

Without Rangers, the coefficient of the SPL when it comes to Europe would drop dramatically. They'd struggle to make the Champions League big time due to the fact they'd be unseeded and would have to face many preliminary rounds. They would struggle to attract players due to the fact there would be no Old Firm derby, and the TV money would probably be on par with the money that teams in the Welsh and Irish leagues get.

I'd like to think our fans arent fickle enough to drift away, and that we'd still be attracting a decent crowd to Ibrox. That, coupled with our merchandise sales means our income would still far, far outweight that of any of the teams vying with us until the Championship at least.

Of course, this is all entirely hypothetical (more so in this instance) as it's simply unthinkable for one half of the Old Firm to leave the other.

I'd do anything to get away from the pish that is the SPL - it's a joke of a league.

I reckon we'd stroll through the leagues until we reached the Championship. It might take us a few seasons to get out of that but we'd defenatley reach the Premiership, and once we reached that - with the money and everything we'd recieve, we'd be bigger than the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool....

I'd go for it.

We'd piss every league except the Championship.

Only if our squad stays together and i couldnt see that happening. ffs would you guys actually go to see Rangers against Grays athletic, or Barrow? I reckon our attendences would fall dramatically. It would be taking one hell of a risk tbh, I'd love to see us in the premiership but we shouldn't do it this way. Even starting in league 1 or league 2 would be pushing it.

I'd go for it.

Only if our squad stays together and i couldnt see that happening. ffs would you guys actually go to see Rangers against Grays athletic, or Barrow?

I'd still go watch Rangers even if we were relegated to the Highland League for whatever reason.

We'd destroy the leagues, our income would dwarf every other side up until the Championship, and even then, our fanbase and merchandising sales would dwarf those sides.

You had the start from the Blue Square premier.

Would you?

I think it would be a brilliant and refreshing new challenge and chapter in the history of Rangers football club. Ok, no europe, no big names or the like, but I'm pretty sure it would be worth it in the end.

and how many of the current squad would stay? and how many could we afford?

We would end up a wee diddy team

Totally ludicrous idea

I'd go for it.

Only if our squad stays together and i couldnt see that happening. ffs would you guys actually go to see Rangers against Grays athletic, or Barrow?

I'd still go watch Rangers even if we were relegated to the Highland League for whatever reason.

We'd destroy the leagues, our income would dwarf every other side up until the Championship, and even then, our fanbase and merchandising sales would dwarf those sides.

It could be a disaster, there's far too much risk involved. What if, for whatever reason, we don't piss on these leagues? What if we lose a lot of our fan base? We would have to be patient, and we're not renowned for that are we?

Also the money we would lose could be catastrophic, how could we pay wages for people like Pedro, or Barry if we were in the Blue square premier?

Also no european football for god knows how long?

And though everyone says, "oh yeah Id still go, Id go to see them against whoever". I think the vast majority wouldnt be arsed anymore and would stay away.

I'd do anything to get away from the pish that is the SPL - it's a joke of a league.

I reckon we'd stroll through the leagues until we reached the Championship. It might take us a few seasons to get out of that but we'd defenatley reach the Premiership, and once we reached that - with the money and everything we'd recieve, we'd be bigger than the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool....

:unionflag: totaly agree. Also most of rangers current income doesnt come from playing in the spl. the tv money we get is piss poor, our income comes from merchandice, gate reciepts etc. so a do admit we would need loyal fans to keep fulling the stadium , buying the strips and so on with the bigger picture being gettin to the english premiership.

Without Rangers, the coefficient of the SPL when it comes to Europe would drop dramatically. They'd struggle to make the Champions League big time due to the fact they'd be unseeded and would have to face many preliminary rounds.

They would have to play in the preliminaries because of the country coefficient, but the seeding in each round is decided by the team's rating - they might well be seeded, at least until the final qualifying round, so they'd virtually be guaranteed playing in the Europa League. And as none of the other Scottish teams would get anywhere, they'd get *all* TV money available.

Sorry guys, I think this suggestion is madness.

Our best (only?) chance would be if the economic downturn was deep enough to put a large number of clubs in the EPL in serious economic difficulty. Most of them are heavily in debt and while it doesn't seem likely, who thought RBS and HBOS would effectively go bust. In that situation, it is just about conceivable (maybe) that the English clubs could be persuaded that bringing the Old Firm in would boost opportunities in markets such as North America and Asia and save them from going under.

Not holding my breath TBH

If The Rangers ever hope to have a way to compete with the very best in Europe on a like for like basis, then remaining in Scotland would be the kiss of death for such ambition.

When we are reduced to buying the likes of Sebo, Dailly, Murray and innumerable other make-shift, third-choices there has to be a realisation that big decisions have to be made.

If I was The Rangers chairman - I'd be thinking about doing an Airdrie/Clydebank number on some lower league English club and making plans to access the EPL.

If there is another plausible route to fulfilling our ambitions then I'd love to hear it.

Without Rangers, the coefficient of the SPL when it comes to Europe would drop dramatically. They'd struggle to make the Champions League big time due to the fact they'd be unseeded and would have to face many preliminary rounds.

Really? I could not care less about any other club in Scotland if I tried. Really.

They - all of them - hate The Rangers, but want to keep sucking our financial boaby at every turn.

Once we finally leave: I'd be smiling forever to be reading about Abershite attendances sitting round the 1200 mark. Delighted to see Dundee Hibernian going to the wall. Happy as the proverbial pig-in-shit to see Killie hounded into administration a-la Gretna.

:rangers: