Reason for supporting Rangers?

billythebear1986

my friends were mixed between celtic and rangers my family was the same and i never really liked football but one night a european night at ibrox back in 2001 my brother took me to the game as he was on leave from the army

as i walked up the stairs inside the stadium and out onto the stairs that takes you to your seat i was met with such a roar of noise ive never fogotten and since that night i was hooked on rangers and it has grew on me since then or in other words ive had a season ticket since 2002 well apart from this season

i dont know about yous but it destroys me when we drop points and can not look or talk to the tims in work when it happens

and i cant or should i say choose not to talk to the ones that think there irish

when we lose in europe or at anytime i cant stop thinking about it for days

i hope im not alone in my feelings

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friends were mixed between celtic and rangers my family was the same and i never really liked football but one night a european night at ibrox back in 2001 my brother took me to the game as he was on leave from the army

as i walked up the stairs inside the stadium and out onto the stairs that takes you to your seat i was met with such a roar of noise ive never fogotten and since that night i was hooked on rangers and it has grew on me since then or in other words ive had a season ticket since 2002 well apart from this season

i dont know about yous but it destroys me when we drop points and can not look or talk to the tims in work when it happens

and i cant or should i say choose not to talk to the ones that think there irish

your not alone. Worst feeling was lying in my bed after Lyon at home i was distraught

My Dad was more of a rugby man before I was born so I didn't get it from him , Although as he works away on the Rigs I spent alot of my time at my Papa's house who has now sadly passed away. He was a big Rangers man and had served in the forces. Hearing stories as a boy about his time in the Navy and seeing how much Rangers played a part in his life , Made me feel special and made me want what he had and want to feel so passionaite about something. He bought me my first Rangers strip when I was 4. He was never fit enough to take me to a game , even though I owe it all to him. My dad has now followed suit and is a bluenose.

your not alone. Worst feeling was lying in my bed after Lyon at home i was distraught

Absolutely the same Andy, Theres nothing worse than dropping points and having to go in and speak to Dom , Gary and Kev :( , Whilst they spit their hatred for anything British, Protestant or Rangers related.

Absolutely the same Andy, Theres nothing worse than dropping points and having to go in and speak to Dom , Gary and Kev :( , Whilst they spit their hatred for anything British, Protestant or Rangers related.

your not joking. i crack up, im a season ticket holder but i hardly travel to the away games. i watch them in the pub normally becuase i canny be botherd paying for shitanta. Anyways the look on them tims faces when st mirren scored filled me up with so much rage or listening to them talk about ra snipers, when we had just lost to st mirren, i calm myself down by saying i laugh and rip them when they get beat, which hasnt been for 11 games now ffs,

was that the year when copoucho and emerson were there when we came 3rd Thats when I got My season ticket aswell and had it ever since am sure it was 2002 but am no sure

My dad told me my great grandad had a dodgy heart and wasn't allowed to be in the room to listen to Rangers on the radio years ago cause he'd get too excited. Never used to stop him though. My Grandad was a massive Rangers fan and my Dad still is and I'm no exception. And so it shall continue........

was that the year when copoucho and emerson were there when we came 3rd Thats when I got My season ticket aswell and had it ever since am sure it was 2002 but am no sure

no 2002/2003 ill never forget it my first season winning the league with a single goal at ibrox what a day

"BLUENOSES ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED

WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN

THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION

THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND, DON'T MATTER"

yeh i know. but like there must of been some sort of infulence. a game you watched, a realitve supporting them, you didnt just wake up one day say my god am a rangers fan, i had a rangers teddy strip when i was 1, but i didnt even know who they were becuase errrrm i was 1, it wasnt till i watched old rangers videos around the house and knew anything about football that i could claim to be a fan.,

I am more looking for the stories of why some of the non scottish supporters picked us, ya know what i mean,

Could be an interesting topic if there we're a few european or worldwide fans on here to see how they're interest came about. so I see where you're coming from

I posted this on a similar thread a few months ago, but its still relevant,

Being from the States, I first became aware of Rangers when Claudio Reyna was signed, and I gradually followed them more and more reading whatever I could about them on the internet since at that time, you could rarely see them play on US television. I could get the odd game on internet radio now and again, but even that was difficult. The combination of Reyna signing and my own family's Scottish roots played a role in me becoming a Rangers supporter. After awhile, I was finally able to go to Ibrox for the first time for the Chelsea friendly last summer and was completely blown away. There's nothing in the States that could even come close to replicating the atmosphere, and that was just for a friendly! I couldn't even imagine how crazy it gets for Old Firm/European games. Yeah its kind of a drag waking up at 630 AM to watch games some times, but its well worth it!

Being from the States, I first became aware of Rangers when Claudio Reyna was signed, and I gradually followed them more and more reading whatever I could about them on the internet since at that time, you could rarely see them play on US television. I could get the odd game on internet radio now and again, but even that was difficult. The combination of Reyna signing and my own family's Scottish roots played a role in me becoming a Rangers supporter. After awhile, I was finally able to go to Ibrox for the first time for the Chelsea friendly last summer and was completely blown away. There's nothing in the States that could even come close to replicating the atmosphere, and that was just for a friendly! I couldn't even imagine how crazy it gets for Old Firm/European games. Yeah its kind of a drag waking up at 630 AM to watch games some times, but its well worth it!

what agame to got to for your first ever Rangers game At Ibrox Best freindly Iv'e ever been to

what agame to got to for your first ever Rangers game At Ibrox Best freindly Iv'e ever been to

I was quite surprised when I went to Ibrox to watch the Chelsea game I didn't know what to expect from a friendly game as I had only ever been to competitive games but it was a great day and a great atmosphere.

grew up in a family full of celtic fans and i'm actually the only rangers fan in my family but i cant actually remember how i started supporting rangers because as long as i can remember i have supported them, rangers are the only team for me. i just love the club :unionflag:

I was born a Ranger - just took me 16 years to realise it :mutley:

Born and bred an Ulster Protestant I guess it is in my blood... Comes with the package if you know what I mean. I started following Rangers during the great European run when we beat Leeds in the Battle of Britain... those were the days!!

Anyway, even though I'm over here in Ulster my heart is at Ibrox - everytime the Rangers play I either listen in or watch when their on the tele. Try to get over to Ibrox at least once a year. And of course logged into RM every night!

:unionflag: :rangers: :unionflag:

was a man utd fan first and foremost as a lad but during the 95/96 season my older cousin (huge rangers fan) obviously took me to my first rangers game.

the game against hibs when they won 7-0, gordon durie scored 4, laudrup was at the top of his game and gazza got booked for showing the yellow card to hugh dallas after he had dropped it! it was the most amazing day of my life seeing them and from then on i was a massive rangers fan and tried to make it to as many games as i could and every time we were in glasgow i would always get my parents to drive past ibrox and every time they did it would send a shiver down my spine!!

not been at many games in last few years though, last game was the sporting lisbon one at home. would love to go to more though and my recent introduction for rangers media has rekindled my love for the football club!

:rangers:

my ma & da never understood fitba, but thank fuck for my uncle Freddy RIP. he was rangers demented haha!! bought me my first ba'

He took me to my first Rangers game at Ibrox when I was about 5/6 "don't tell yer ma ah took ye son" she widnae have appreciated me waitin' ootside the pub till uncle Freddy & his pals had their wee libation as he liked to refer to a couple of pints. it was against Partic Thistle, sat on a stantion, nearly fell aff when the teams came out , Gers won 3-1 and that was it , sold for life.

Why do I support The Rangers? it's in yer blood son. and oh aye a went tae a Proddy school

:rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers: