Reason for supporting Rangers?

billythebear1986

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandfather was from the isle of Lewis and was in the merchant navy. He knew a few guys from Glasgow and came here for a holiday, met my gran then it led on from there. He was a very proud religious man and barely knew what a catholic was until he came down here. He soon learned to hate the bastards and this led to him going to support Rangers. My dad then grew up a rangers fan then i came along and followed suit

Bet he loved Lewis, not knowing a catholic, makes one wonder, had they all gone home?

:mutley:

My grandfather was from the isle of Lewis and was in the merchant navy. He knew a few guys from Glasgow and came here for a holiday, met my gran then it led on from there. He was a very proud religious man and barely knew what a catholic was until he came down here. He soon learned to hate the bastards and this led to him going to support Rangers. My dad then grew up a rangers fan then i came along and followed suit

Bet he loved Lewis, not knowing a catholic, makes one wonder, had they all gone home?

:mutley:

They were never there! Teuchter Loyal (Lochs No Surrender).

I dont remember becoming a rangers fan, probably because the day i was born, i was supposed to be one. I dont support any other team, apart from Rangers.

Its strange, because mymil mothers side of the fay, apart from her, are heavy ceptic fans, everyone of them.

Come to think of it, most of my family are. my dad,sister,cousins etc.

Nope, not me, Rangers till i die.

I think i was adopted.

my mums side of the family are from glasgow or outskirts like denny. dad tried to get is supportin dundee and my grandad always bought me rangers stuff for my christmas and tht wasnt really interested in the SPL as i am a big EPL fan but always keepin an eye on the gers. when my granda brought me to my first rangers game there was nothing else like it i love ibrox so much!!! but do have a soft spot for dundee but h8 those arabs and tims lol

My love of Rangers came very generically, like it states, we are chosen, we do not choose, I am English, followed the EPL ( Manchester United ) but always routed for British teams in Euro's, World Cup and European Club competitions ( always hated Celtic for some reason ) I always loved the way Rangers played, loved their passion and heart, and soon realized almost every Scotland international I enjoyed watching was from Rangers....really it was like the stars aligning, before I knew it I was watching Rangers more and more, and watching EPL less and less.....I still love Manchester United....but Rangers are something more than love.

I'm from a small rural community in the south-west of Scotland, no ties at all to Glasgow and certainly not to Northern Ireland but my late Grandfather, who died 2 years ago, brought both my Dad and I up as Rangers fans. His ancestors were Bears too and all his brothers still are. I'd love to know how it started :rangers:

I used to watch Rangers games on TV with him and have fantastic memories - he'd burst into song along with the fans at the game or, if it was quiet, start singing randomly himself. He was deeply upset when we lost 10-in-a-row, said it we'd probably never get another chance and told me to savour the decade that had just passed because it wouldn't always be like that. How right he was.

my friends were mixed between celtic and rangers my family was the same and i never really liked football but one night a european night at ibrox back in 2001 my brother took me to the game as he was on leave from the army

as i walked up the stairs inside the stadium and out onto the stairs that takes you to your seat i was met with such a roar of noise ive never fogotten and since that night i was hooked on rangers and it has grew on me since then or in other words ive had a season ticket since 2002 well apart from this season

i dont know about yous but it destroys me when we drop points and can not look or talk to the tims in work when it happens

and i cant or should i say choose not to talk to the ones that think there irish

when we lose in europe or at anytime i cant stop thinking about it for days

i hope im not alone in my feelings

coudlnt agree with you more! its the worst feeling ever. been a rangers supporter all my life, mainly due to dad. got my first top at 9 months (Y)

I'm from England but my grandad's from Belfast. As my dad isn't into football my grandad was my football influence. The first I can remember of Rangers is their run in Europe in 1992 and getting the white Adidas away kit for Christmas. The only pain is telling everybody why I support Rangers but aren't Scottish and explaining the Ulster connection!

I'm from England but my grandad's from Belfast. As my dad isn't into football my grandad was my football influence. The first I can remember of Rangers is their run in Europe in 1992 and getting the white Adidas away kit for Christmas. The only pain is telling everybody why I support Rangers but aren't Scottish and explaining the Ulster connection!

I get asked that all the time, they never understand the Ulster connection, but then we cant expect them to. Just tell them that all English teams are gay (tu)

You don't pick being a Rangers Fan, you are born a Rangers Fan!

"BLUENOSES ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED

WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN

THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION

THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND, DON'T MATTER"

Epic Fail. I chose.