Setting out our stall...

D'Artagnan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers as a club require TV money, no matter how little it is, to sustain it as a viable business.

This is a non-starter.

If money is your God....then yes perhaps its a non-starter.

Well we ain't going to run on water are we.

Speak for yourself pal. :rolleyes:

i dont see any problem with playin football on a sunday. if there was no football on sundays it would be boring as fuck

Do you think playing on a Sunday is in keeping with out Protestant identity ?

doesnt bother me as i am an athiest.

i would rather there was football to watch on a sunday instead of sittin about with fuck all to do lol

I have no problem with you watching football on a Sunday...so long as it not us.

Bullsh*te.This world of ours was created in six days !!!!

In my opinion & my opinion alone, complete & utter bullsh*te.

Are you the wee free guy that ties the swings up every Sunday

so the wean cannae play.

Rangers as a club require TV money, no matter how little it is, to sustain it as a viable business.

This is a non-starter.

If money is your God....then yes perhaps its a non-starter.

Well we ain't going to run on water are we.

Speak for yourself pal. :rolleyes:

I only ever speak for myself.

i dont see any problem with playin football on a sunday. if there was no football on sundays it would be boring as fuck

i would rather there was football to watch on a sunday instead of sittin about with fuck all to do lol

I have no problem with you watching football on a Sunday...so long as it not us.

so the wean cannae play.

Yes I am.

Next !

Any other changes? Players who commit adultery sacked? Players who take the Lord's name in vain sacked? Change to a black strip? :D

I appreciate that was very much tongue in cheek IB....but there is little doubt we expect certain standards from Rangers players....just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons....what is that standard based on ?

Any other changes? Players who commit adultery sacked? Players who take the Lord's name in vain sacked? Change to a black strip? :D

I appreciate that was very much tongue in cheek IB....but there is little doubt we expect certain standards from Rangers players....just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons....what is that standard based on ?

Mr Struth set high standards for our players and they should be upheld forever

Various of our players seem to break "certain standards" on a regular basis, it has happened for years, and we don't turf them out the door. Should McGregor be sacked for his various sexual shenanigans, for example?

so the wean cannae play.

Yes I am.

Next !

Religious zealot then.

NEXT.

Various of our players seem to break "certain standards" on a regular basis, it has happened for years, and we don't turf them out the door. Should McGregor be sacked for his various sexual shenanigans, for example?

Well therein lies the problem.....he is a single guy...what would be the charge fornication ? :mutley:

Well therein lies the problem.....he is a single guy...what would be the charge fornication ? :mutley:

That'll do. :D

Actually, if I understand it correctly, the "adultery" forbidden in the Ten Commandments refers to any sex with someone you're not married to, not just adultery in the modern sense of cheating on your spouse.

so the wean cannae play.

Yes I am.

Next !

Religious zealot then.

NEXT.

No chutes or roundabouts on a Sunday.

By order.

Firstly i am an athiest, but i agree with D'art!

As a club with a protestant heritage, we should refuse to play on sundays.

Not only because it is the "sabbath" day, but also because Ulster bears cannot make the games due to work on mondays...

Playing on sunday kicks the active and past heritage of our club, right in the bollocks if you ask me

Consistent with Rangers Protestant heritage? If playing on a Sunday gets the club money/exposure from TV, then I'm all for it. Plenty of sports around the world are played on Sundays. And if you are trying to honor Rangers Protestant heritage, does that mean we have to get rid of the Catholic/Muslim/etc. players that are currently in the squad? The bottom line is that Rangers are a business, and whenever religion and business mix, its usually not the best result.

Consistent with Rangers Protestant heritage? If playing on a Sunday gets the club money/exposure from TV, then I'm all for it. Plenty of sports around the world are played on Sundays. And if you are trying to honor Rangers Protestant heritage, does that mean we have to get rid of the Catholic/Muslim/etc. players that are currently in the squad? The bottom line is that Rangers are a business, and whenever religion and business mix, its usually not the best result.

How did you come to that conclusion?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Well I would assume that Mendes, Novo, Aaron were brought up as Catholics, seeing as Portugal/Spain have about 80% Catholics. Papac is a Bosnian Croat, so I would assume he was brought up in Catholicism. Darcheville was born in French Guiana in the Carribbean, where the main religion is Catholicism. Hemdani and Bougherra are of Algerian origins, where Islam is the dominant religion. In addition, Dean Furman was born into a Jewish family. Whether or not these players actively practice religion I don't know, but that's how I came to that conclusion.

No thanks. I like everyone else would like to see Rangers at 3pm every Saturday but we need T.V. money to compete.

I'm happy to acknowledge our protestant heritage and celebrate it, I come from a protestant background and it's certainly nothing I'm ashamed of but my ideas on how the world works has moved on. If Rangers need to play games on a Sunday as do everyone else in the Scottish league I couldn't care less.