When is the last time Rangers

promoted a young Scottish centre back from the reserves or youth team to the full team. I honestly cant remember this ever happening. Hutton obviously and Smith, but they are not centre backs. And if anyone cares, can they try and explain to me why this postition seems to be a problem from the youth or reserves.

Recently we've had a keeper, wing backs, midfielders and forwards (not so much) so whats the problem with this position ?

WATP

TFIOWDYGH

:unionflag:

promoted a young Scottish centre back from the reserves or youth team to the full team. I honestly cant remember this ever happening. Hutton obviously and Smith, but they are not centre backs. And if anyone cares, can they try and explain to me why this postition seems to be a problem from the youth or reserves.

Recently we've had a keeper, wing backs, midfielders and forwards (not so much) so whats the problem with this position ?

WATP

TFIOWDYGH

Did Pressley and Shields not come through the ranks ?

The reserves are not yet good enough - simple! WS always says if you are good enough you will get a game. BUT I see the real problem at the moment is we need to win the league - it is by far our overriding priority and WS will play experieneced players (inc. McCullough) before untried and untested kids - I for one cant blame him in this.

The reserves are not yet good enough - simple! WS always says if you are good enough you will get a game. BUT I see the real problem at the moment is we need to win the league - it is by far our overriding priority and WS will play experieneced players (inc. McCullough) before untried and untested kids - I for one cant blame him in this.

Are you saying the likes of McMillan don't deserve a shot at the back ahead of someone like McCulloch, who has no experience of playing there?

WATP

TFIOWDYGH

:Ddoh

Its not even as if we had good youngsters there and now they have gone on elsewhere and made a name for themselves. Scott Wilson went on and did well with Dunfermline and Elvis went on to have a decent career before it sunk big style(!) Apart from that-nothing. Just what has happened to our reserve defenders from the past 10 years?

Its not even as if we had good youngsters there and now they have gone on elsewhere and made a name for themselves. Scott Wilson went on and did well with Dunfermline and Elvis went on to have a decent career before it sunk big style(!) Apart from that-nothing. Just what has happened to our reserve defenders from the past 10 years?

Just that recently I heard a call that 'youth' will be given a chance this season. Precisely who is this going to be ?

Just that recently I heard a call that 'youth' will be given a chance this season. Precisely who is this going to be ?

Well everyone is youthful compared to big Davie Weir! I cannot see it at all this season. Walter will think there is too much pressure on the boys to get a title win.