Rangers away in Europe

JohnGalbraith

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naebody at Leeds or Newcastle ? Fcukin lightweights ! When you've been in the trenches come back and bum about it ! ;):sherlock:

i was in leeds mate 40 quid for a 7 quid ticket and i got a slap after our 2nd goal went in slightly out numbered 1 v 34,000 so i broke the land speed record getting back to my car

newcastle i wasnt allowed to go cause i was only three and never ate all my farleys rusks the weekend before so i was grounded

No kpl I was talking about QF of the Fairs Cities '68 now the UEFA Cup, the good old riot daze, smoulder was there ! Ah the stuff that made me the man I am today ! ;):sherlock:

Naebody at Leeds or Newcastle ? Fcukin lightweights ! When you've been in the trenches come back and bum about it ! ;):sherlock:

i was in leeds mate 40 quid for a 7 quid ticket and i got a slap after our 2nd goal went in slightly out numbered 1 v 34,000 so i broke the land speed record getting back to my car

newcastle i wasnt allowed to go cause i was only three and never ate all my farleys rusks the weekend before so i was grounded

No kpl I was talking about QF of the Fairs Cities '68 now the UEFA Cup, the good old riot daze, smoulder was there ! Ah the stuff that made me the man I am today ! ;):sherlock:

ffs i was even younger then i know age shouldnt be an issue

theres only so far my secret squirrel account would stretch

haha, I was thinking the same as you and going to say I remember being at the leeds game, was the year I moved to sheffield! The 68 one? I was -5 haha, unless I went while still in my da's testicles!! I'll ring him and check

(tu):lol: You would think I would've chucked all this by now gettin to old for it Eh. ? Hell will freeze over first ! ;):sherlock:

secret squirrel account :lol: :lol:

Worst were Barcelona and Manchester (too many arseholes)

(tu)

Nothing against rowdyness and vile songs - but I draw the line at pissed up neds thinking they can do what they like.

A lot of them had never been to Ibrox in their lives - Just went for the piss up.

Of course, easy to get to, easy accomodation, relatively cheap, big stadium with chance of getting a ticket...

but if I had the chance of going to any of the games from last season, it would have been Lyon/Fiorentina (for obvious reasons), Stuttgart or Zeta

Just thinkin that's got to be a smoulder one secret squirrel, :lol::lol::lol::lol: Squidly Diddley love it ! Fcuk can't believe they were as far back as that (tu):sherlock:

Lyon was an outstanding trip - I didnt want the night to end and finished up drinking wee cans of beer at a burger stand at 4.30am - the buzz was incredible.

Stuttgart last year was nowhere near as good as previous German trips.

In general you seldom get a bad trip to Germany but someone said earlier that the smaller and more obscure the venue the better the trip (usually)

Just remembered Strasbourg was pysh as well.

Small pre season trips to places like Regensburg (Germany) and Alphense (Holland) and the Scandanavian ones are usually brilliant because the result doesn't really matter.

Just thinkin that's got to be a smoulder one secret squirrel, :lol::lol::lol::lol: Squidly Diddley love it ! Fcuk can't believe they were as far back as that (tu):sherlock:

ive seen smoulders bank books theyre that old the writings in hieroglyphics(sp)

:mutley:

ive seen smoulders bank books theyre that old the writings in hieroglyphics(sp)

:mutley:

Aye an written on papyrus, must be some interest on them now after all these years, fcuk probably pay off the National Debt ! :D:sherlock:

Cologne 0-5 :ohmy:

24 hour bus journey each way and a humping. Vowed after that never to go to another away game in Europe.

My son is now getting to the age where he is wanting to go abroad and with cheap flights available now I may break my vow in the next year or two.

Been to plenty of games down south and in Ulster, was also at the 0-3 Chesterfield game in the Anglo Scottish Cup and Manchester last season. Not an impressive away record. :(

Made my debut in 1984 away to Bohemians, just a few months after i turned 15.

Still have nightmares about that night!!! :2g:

Only a handful of others since then though, including Old Trafford & Kaiserslautern (both horrendous 3-0 gubbings).

Shelbourne at Tranmere.

If i remember any more......... doh (cant really remember the 90s too well, but i hear we did 9 in a row).

Ajax

Shelbourne (at Tranmere)

Bayer Leverkusen

PSV Eindhoven

Bayern Munich

Monaco

Anzhi (at Legia Warsaw)

PSG

Feyenoord

Copenhagen

Man Utd

Stuttgart

Maritimo

Wronki

Alkmaar

Artmedia

Porto

Villarreal

Molde

Livorno

Auxerre

Osasuna

Red Star Belgrade

Lyon

Barcelona

Stuttgart

Panathanaikos

Werder Bremen

Sporting Lisbon

Fiorentina

Zenit St Petersburg (at Manchester City)

Kaunas

We actually won 6 times out of my first 8 trips (PSG on pens). If only I could have kept up that record.

Some of the best trips are only spoiled by the football, (like Maritimo, Munich and Barca) and sometimes the football makes up for a poor trip (like Wronki and Belgrade) but overall each trip is a joy and a privilege and are sorely missed this year.

In no particular order.......

Bohemians (now that was fun!!)

Inter milan

Bayern Munich

Lyngby

Dortmund (coldest night ever)

Anorthosis Famagusta

Bucharest

Juve

Gothenberg

Marseille

Ajax

Parma

Galatasaray

Feyenoord

Porto

Zenit (pity about the neds)

Some great trips there,and i agree some of the less glamourous trips were the best.

Oh the memories...... :beer2: