If we finish 2nd

Bobby83

I personally believe he will let him stay until the end of his contract, for old times sake.

Only way he would make way before his contract is up is if hes moved up.

Just feel like hes gonna leave us to pick us his mess, an ageing squad and no money.

SDM would never sack Walter , its unthinkable.

We will NOT progress untill Walter leaves imo.

funny seeing how all he's done since taken over from le guen is progress lol

Aye its hilarious :rolleyes:

We are still sitting second in the SPL and out of Europe and have a pretty dire team, Second place is nothing. Walter is not the man to take us forward.

Aye - not a hint of a youth system in place, out of Europe and 4 points behind Celtic already.

Some progress!

Aye - not a hint of a youth system in place, out of Europe and 4 points behind Celtic already.

Some progress!

Spot on!

If we finish 2nd we will see a new manager come in.

Even if we do win the league a new manager should be brought in.

(tu)

Tho I hope that first sentence isn't wishful thinking.

Don't get me wrong, obviously I want us to get the league more than anything- I'd give my right arm for it!

But if the worst happens then we will definitely see a new man in charge.

If we finish 2nd? Before Smith came we were lucky to finish 3rd...... he has progressed with have some quality players at this club now....Mendes, Davis, Thomson, Boggieman, Beasley, Lafferty, Naismith, dare I say Miller (he has done really well coming back) all that WS has brought in....he's got the best out of Papac, Broadfoot, Hutton, McGregor, dare I say Boyd starting to increase his workrate...

this wasnt happenin under leguen and mcleish....... yes we are out of europe which was pathetic of a club the size of Rangers to be knocked out by a lithuanian pub team, but lets move on do the domestic treble and get the youngsters which are there to come through....get rid of the deadwood, Gow, Hemdani, McCulloch, burke, Darchy and Velicka and replace there squad positions with the youngsters...I can only see us going from strength to strength to be honest...

this is my opinion...

If we finish 2nd? Before Smith came we were lucky to finish 3rd...... he has progressed with have some quality players at this club now....Mendes, Davis, Thomson, Boggieman, Beasley, Lafferty, Naismith, dare I say Miller (he has done really well coming back) all that WS has brought in....he's got the best out of Papac, Broadfoot, Hutton, McGregor, dare I say Boyd starting to increase his workrate...

this wasnt happenin under leguen and mcleish....... yes we are out of europe which was pathetic of a club the size of Rangers to be knocked out by a lithuanian pub team, but lets move on do the domestic treble and get the youngsters which are there to come through....get rid of the deadwood, Gow, Hemdani, McCulloch, burke, Darchy and Velicka and replace there squad positions with the youngsters...I can only see us going from strength to strength to be honest...

this is my opinion...

Good attitude nice to see atleast someone is postive about the future

He has strenthened the squad,and that was needed, that will be realised when more injuries occur, and they will. This season will have to be used to get rid of the deadwood, lower the wage bill and maybe get 1 or 2 really good players in the summer, don't expect any more.

It's not all doom & gloom we are playing better football than last year. just need to put a good run together.

Courage brothers.WATP.

..., however some sort of agreement might be reached where Walter will not be in charge.

You mean like give him some imaginary job 'upstairs' while we give Ally McCoist a couple of seasons to see if he may or may not be Rangers managerial material?

No matter if we win the league or finish 2nd - Walter Smith should not be the manager next season!

I agree. That wont happen though. If Smith does win this two horse race he'll be seen as a success by most.