Berra and Driver

MarkyMitch

These threads pop up everytime some team beats us.

In a few weeks we'll no doubt see Lee Wilkie and Craig Conroy threads and how we should make a move for them.

How do you expect us to move on as a team if we continue to sign SPL dross?

Agreed but the last time we moved forward as a team was when murray spent millions with advocaat. We wont go down that road again i think mediocre spl & championship players is all we r gonna get until there is changes at the top

You can get better players for that money though.

£2m for Whittaker for example - a bit of inventive scouting could have got us a far, far better player for that cash.

£3.5m for Lafferty as well.

These threads pop up everytime some team beats us.

In a few weeks we'll no doubt see Lee Wilkie and Craig Conroy threads and how we should make a move for them.

How do you expect us to move on as a team if we continue to sign SPL dross?

Agreed but the last time we moved forward as a team was when murray spent millions with advocaat. We wont go down that road again i think mediocre spl & championship players is all we r gonna get until there is changes at the top

You can get better players for that money though.

£2m for Whittaker for example - a bit of inventive scouting could have got us a far, far better player for that cash.

£3.5m for Lafferty as well.

Yep defo agree walter has spent money on some bad signing but actualy thought whittaker was ok at hibs not happened for him at rangers . Lafferty Rangers shouldnt be signing players from teams like burnley but unless your a supporter or play for a small spl or championship club i no longer think rangers can afford the wages or attract the kind of player the fans want ?

4 examples - Mendes, Davis, Bougherra and Cuellar.

Not one of them came from the SPL. Get a proper scouting network in place and these players are findable - Eboue, Adebayor, Van Persie, Hoarau, Mbokani, Taiwo, Galitsios, Sapara, Ivanschitz, Torosidis, Mansare, Lichtsteiner, Ibisevic, Sapara, Konan Ya, Tettey, Vucinic, Papastathopoulos, Barnetta, Gelson Fernandez, Stocker....are all examples.

There are thousands of them out there. We seem to be the only club, along with celtc who can't find them.

Not one of them came from the SPL. Get a proper scouting network in place and these players are findable - Eboue, Adebayor, Van Persie, Hoarau, Mbokani, Taiwo, Galitsios, Sapara, Ivanschitz, Torosidis, Mansare, Lichtsteiner, Ibisevic, Sapara, Konan Ya, Tettey, Vucinic, Papastathopoulos, Barnetta, Gelson Fernandez, Stocker....are all examples.

There are thousands of them out there. We seem to be the only club, along with celtc who can't find them.

Expect several posters moaning at that list, assuming they are shite because they 'haven't heard' of them.

Arsenal paid less for Adebayor than what we paid for Lafferty - let them do the math.

Or FM/Champ Man fanatics - even though I've not owned or played a game like that in years.

If you can see people like this from watching football all around the World then surely guys who are paid thousands can find them?

Would love to see players like that come to rangers but then u would get walter playing them in the reserves to get used to scottish football i.e aaron whilst playing hoof the ball mculloch n adam time for a change advocaat????

I Think the reason we done well last year is because we had a group of scottish men who knows what it means to play for rangers! fair enough players like broadfoot mcculloch etc.. arent the best of players but they put everything into the games!

People saying Walter should be sacked!?

from where Paul Le Guen left us the man should be givin a knighthood!

just needs to shake things up a bit!

only reason we lost last year was the lack of depth in the squad

and the reason why we are losing this year is the lack pf quality finishing n movement upfront

and all of the SPL know our tactics.

Young spanish boy aaron and beasley to play more often!

He's pish and surely this could have gone in the number of threads we have had since our defeat on Saturday?

He wasn't evven that good on Saturday and he'll be even worse this coming Saturday!

The only SPL player i'd be remotely interested in us signing would be Laryea Kingston.

Mind you, it would only be a matter of time before we discarded his dynamic box to box style and instead crafted him into a deep lying midfielder.

The only SPL player i'd be remotely interested in us signing would be Laryea Kingston.

Mind you, it would only be a matter of time before we discarded his dynamic box to box style and instead crafted him into a deep lying midfielder.

That's exactly what me and my mates were saying the other day. Kingston would be a great player, but Walter Smith would end up having him filling in at right back.

Evening Bears.

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on us signing Berra and Driver?

I've always liked Driver and think he could be ideal for us on the left wing. A position we need to fill badly!

He's quick with a good left foot and I think he could do a great job for us!

Plus he's still quite young, so hopefully he'll continue to improve.

I also think Berra would be a good signing.

It would be good having a left sided CB and he's young, Scottish, strong in the air and as Captain of Hearts he has showed he has good organisational skills and he's a leader.

I think with the right coaching he could become an excellent CB.

He would be the perfect replacement for Weir and we could use Weir to help Berra improve.

I think we could get both players for a reasonable price and personally I think they would be excellent signings for us!

Thoughts?

:unionflag:

Havent bothered actually reading the rest of the thread, regardless of talent, or performances, the word highlighted above will instantly brand ANY player as "SPL pish" from those who know oh so better than everyone else, and, thats the end of the story.

"edited for content, have decided to use it as a basis for a thread instead"

"

Rant over and awaiting responses haha