Mates you've made through The Rangers

Steakbake

Just thinking the other day about the friends you've made through following the bears.I've met some great guys and it makes you wonder that if it wasn't for The Rangers you might not have met these people at all.

Just about every one of my friendships has came about through following The Teddy Bears,some stretching back 30 years.I've been on the same supporters bus for 25 years and seen people come and go but the loyal ones are there to the end.

So,just remember when the Bears are 'rank' at least they've given you that.

Has other bears friendships came about in a similar fashion or am i just a sentimental old fool?

a bit off topic but in the past few years i let myself become a casual rangers fan more than the die hard rangers fan i was as a schoolboy.

how ever in the past 3 months ive been on rangers media i have got right back into them, i know all the players in the team again. today for example i was totally animated listening to the hibs game on the radio (i dont have setanta but am getting it soon) and felt like a true fan again. and its all thanks to rangers media.

met a few friends on here, the banter is amazing. especially on a sunday night.

HAPPY DAYS

:beer2:

I have met some great pals through following the teddy bears, funnily enough a few of them have been on your bus steakbake.

A pal of mine Graham (wishawtrueblues) i met going to Derby on the KPL bus and he is one of my good pals now, go abroad to watch the gers every game with eachother and often go to Chelsea.

Another great guy Den, your mate (KPLfishtank) ive met through rangersmedia/work but we wouldn't have really spoke if it wasn't for the teddies.

like you said, guys join and leave supporters clubs all the time, but every club has die hards and you spend hours and hours with these guys, after away games sitting in pub pished until shutting time or away trips abroad with the gers.

That is how friendships are made :rangers:

I have met some great pals through following the teddy bears, funnily enough a few of them have been on your bus steakbake.

A pal of mine Graham (wishawtrueblues) i met going to Derby on the KPL bus and he is one of my good pals now, go abroad to watch the gers every game with eachother and often go to Chelsea.

Another great guy Den, your mate (KPLfishtank) ive met through rangersmedia/work but we wouldn't have really spoke if it wasn't for the teddies.

like you said, guys join and leave supporters clubs all the time, but every club has die hards and you spend hours and hours with these guys, after away games sitting in pub pished until shutting time or away trips abroad with the gers.

Because you have descibed KPLfishtank as a great guy his head will be even bigger now!

Because you have descibed KPLfishtank as a great guy his head will be even bigger now!

True.....i better edit my original post :lol:

Made a few good mates over the years, travelling all over to watch utter pish. Then along came Mr Souness & i met a pile of absolute rockets, plus a few more quality geezers.

There are a handful who i'd describe as likeminds, in that i know we'd back each other up no matter what the odds. When the chips are down, you're better with a small band of solid mates.

One of the first lads i met in the early 80s was called Bob.We were both about 15. We were often the only 2 from Inverness on the train (no supporters bus either). We became real good mates & then he killed himself in the early 90s. Bob lived and breathed Rangers & every time i go to Ibrox (its been a while now admittedly) i still feel Bob is standing beside me (absolutely blootered after a long train journey,no breakfast & 2 litres of snakebite or similar).

Georgie Best RIP.

Made a few good mates over the years, travelling all over to watch utter pish. Then along came Mr Souness & i met a pile of absolute rockets, plus a few more quality geezers.

There are a handful who i'd describe as likeminds, in that i know we'd back each other up no matter what the odds. When the chips are down, you're better with a small band of solid mates.

One of the first lads i met in the early 80s was called Bob.We were both about 15. We were often the only 2 from Inverness on the train (no supporters bus either). We became real good mates & then he killed himself in the early 90s. Bob lived and breathed Rangers & every time i go to Ibrox (its been a while now admittedly) i still feel Bob is standing beside me (absolutely blootered after a long train journey,no breakfast & 2 litres of snakebite or similar).

Georgie Best RIP.

Sorry to hear that about your mate,obviously that puts things in perspective.Going to Ibrox must have a hint of sadness about it.

Georgie Best RIP.

Sorry to hear that about your mate,obviously that puts things in perspective.Going to Ibrox must have a hint of sadness about it.

Not sadness Steakbake. When i see him (in hell or wherever) i'll give him a slap for his carry-on. I've had a gutfull of mates suicides, self-obsessed bastards the lot of them. No need for topping yourself (tims excepted).

Met loads of good mates through the Gers, especially the board and even a few burds.

Some board members are now proper mates who we hang out with away from the Gers.

Thinking that myself white van bear, I followed Rangers during the early 80s when a was 16-18 and they where prob the most enjoyable.....not in terms of trophies but more the togetherness of the boys who went to the games then,prob because we where pish. Theres a few stories a could tell but best left back there, could get a few men into bother. Sorry to hear about your mate been down that road to.

Most of my mates I kick about with to this day are mates I've met through Rangers.

I still have mates around here locally that I work with and say hello to in passing, but my Rangers mates are my real mates - the ones I meet everyweek, phone/text, have a beer with etc.

Most of my mates I kick about with to this day are mates I've met through Rangers.

I still have mates around here locally that I work with and say hello to in passing, but my Rangers mates are my real mates - the ones I meet everyweek, phone/text, have a beer with etc.

Yep me to mate, it's strange the way your life pans out through following rangers home and away every week.

too late how did i miss this i accept both your soggestions that im great

as for you 2 couple of fannies what can i say

steakbake and i go back to the eighties first euro away trip and ive met most of my mates thru the gers

rangersgary i met thru him goin on our bus to europe and anytime i meet him hes a credit to the glasgow rangers and his own supporters club

as the original post says when the team is going thru a tough spell the guys who sit beside you will be there thru thick and thin even though im a neanderthal by some

im too old to change and honestly if i did a little bit of me would die

steakbake and i go back to the eighties first euro away trip and ive met most of my mates thru the gers

rangersgary i met thru him goin on our bus to europe and anytime i meet him hes a credit to the glasgow rangers and his own supporters club

as the original post says when the team is going thru a tough spell the guys who sit beside you will be there thru thick and thin even though im a neanderthal by some

(tu) I may have to buy you a peroni the next time i see you.

There will be friendships up and down the full country made just by going to watch the teddies every week.

(tu) I may have to buy you a peroni the next time i see you.

There will be friendships up and down the full country made just by going to watch the teddies every week.

went to italian on saturday and had millers instead of peroni but it was the draught stuff that made my legs not work think the bottled stuff aint as lethal

i will hold you to the beer and ive printed off your reply and will carry it about with me so you cant wangle out of it

Only rangersgary said you were great and you called him a fanny.This love-in is all one way!

Only rangersgary said you were great and you called him a fanny.This love-in is all one way!

thats nice coming from you first time i met you

you tried to drown me in the sea in san sebastion some mate you were then

thats nice coming from you first time i met you

you tried to drown me in the sea in san sebastion some mate you were then

You knew i was only kidding when i left you water wings.

Started a new job and was full of pretty decent guys but straight away me and another guy clicked just because of the teddy bears. Started going to games together and have built a really strong friendship just becasue of the rangers. We probably would have turned out everyday workmates if Rangers werent here

Started a new job and was full of pretty decent guys but straight away me and another guy clicked just because of the teddy bears. Started going to games together and have built a really strong friendship just becasue of the rangers. We probably would have turned out everyday workmates if Rangers werent here

Absolutely (tu) Could see from day one , when you seen the " Bobby Sands 8 Fuck All " background on my phone , Blues Brothers :unionflag:

This guy here --> http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showuser=3582

Met him by accident in Vienna on the day of the first OF derby last season(the 3-0 at Ibrox) half an hour before kick-off. I was heading for the pub when suddenly a guy asks me where I'm watching the game(I was wearing Rangers gear). Turns out he's a bluenose as well.

Couple of months later the two of us were driving up to Stuttgart in his car to watch the Rangers in the CL.

Great guy and certainly a mate!