Two Rangers fans have been banned for life from Ibrox over reports of

Boab

It's disappointing to see the reaction from the majority on here. Especially the poster who claimed the hierarchy don't care about the club, only money. What they are doing is desperately trying to head off trouble for the club - as I've posted repeatedly waving all the flags you like won't get you in the good books of the establishment in this country, and in this day and age our repertoire (any of it) is not acceptable when belted out in public areas.

It's my opinion that anywhere up to 100 young men, a bit excited and quite possible 'refreshed' bouncing and singing on the tube is out of order anyway - no doubt I'm a big poof who should get out more, swearing in all walks of life blah blah blah: aye fine, well, don't claim you're better than the tims then, cause putting the frighteners on old women and kids is what I'd expect from them. And don't bother wasting your time denying it: if you don't realise how much it unnerves non-football fans you must, to coin a phrase I never thought I'd use, have yer heid in the sand.

It's this total failure to realise that some behaviour is (and always has been) anti-social and loutish that depresses me the most. 'I used to do it! What's the big deal?' Well, you shouldn't have done it on the bus then and I'm glad you're being stopped from doing it now! There's a time and a place...in your own home (assuming you don't give a fuck about your neighbours), at the game, in a lodge, wherever. On a tube? On a bus? It's not right and I would like very much to see it stopped.

The clubhas taken action against these 2 (very unlucky) fellas to hopefully jolt the rest of us into behaving in a civillised fashion when heading to the match. The club has taken this action to protect itself against sanction by BTP or govt. How would you feel if a ban came into place on football traffic on the tube between 2 and 3 on a Saturday? They can do it, and they probably would do it if Rangers FC stood by and did nothing.

It's pointless blaming it on GCC, the media, whoever. Behaving loutishly should not ever be acceptable to someone who is representing Rangers. As Capt Jack Sparrow put it so well, 'Gentlemen, look to your own fortunes.'

I at least salute the police (for once) for taking action; I salute Rangers for doing likewise. This is a societal issue, and unlike others who prefer to blow a wee tune on the penny whistle and look the other way, Rangers are attempting to change things for the better.

fair enough i respect your opinions and i dont like to see loutish behavior as much as the rest of us my only worry is theyve banned a guy who has still to be taken thru the courts therefore they feel that this guy is guilty which is just wrong

1 of my mates got arrested coming off a bus when others were singing

it went toi court and he was found not guilty butunder our clubs stance he would have been banned

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we get into the rights and wrongs of what these Bears were singing lets think for a moment about why two individuals with no power and no voice have been picked on. It is because they can easily be made examples of as they have no rights or power. If it comes out that these lads were Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler I still think we ought to get together and fight against such blatant bullying victimisation. By all means we need to keep thug elements out of Ibrox but we should not allow people to be picked on just to make points and pretend Rangers are PC and righteous. Let's not pretend to be right and fair and true, lets be right and fair and true.

If the law finds a football supporter guilty of a crime or criminal acts then we can boot them out the door, until that point we have a duty to protect and respect our own.

Before we get into the rights and wrongs of what these Bears were singing lets think for a moment about why two individuals with no power and no voice have been picked on. It is because they can easily be made examples of as they have no rights or power. If it comes out that these lads were Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler I still think we ought to get together and fight against such blatant bullying victimisation. By all means we need to keep thug elements out of Ibrox but we should not allow people to be picked on just to make points and pretend Rangers are PC and righteous. Let's not pretend to be right and fair and true, lets be right and fair and true.

If the law finds a football supporter guilty of a crime or criminal acts then we can boot them out the door, until that point we have a duty to protect and respect our own.

Well said saintbob. Very well said indeed. (tu)

Andy, you make a lot of good points (again). The fact remains that the heirarchy of our club is not defending its fans properly, but like you say, for non-football fans on public transport it can be a bit intimidating. I would however, question just how intimidating these two individuals were being....in fact, i'd wait for the facts to come out before any knee-jerk reaction, but thats not what happened, is it? No.

Finally, if Mikegreen wants his posts to be taken seriously, the way Andys' generally are, perhaps he would like to start some positive,constructive threads where he praises Rangers, the fans etc instead of only appearing when there is a knife to twist. Mr Pendek has often come up with some excellent articles (delivered in his usual witty self-depreciating style), whereas you Mike, are only known for your apparent contempt for our club, its history & just about everything else we hold dear.

It's disappointing to see the reaction from the majority on here. Especially the poster who claimed the hierarchy don't care about the club, only money. What they are doing is desperately trying to head off trouble for the club - as I've posted repeatedly waving all the flags you like won't get you in the good books of the establishment in this country, and in this day and age our repertoire (any of it) is not acceptable when belted out in public areas.

It's my opinion that anywhere up to 100 young men, a bit excited and quite possible 'refreshed' bouncing and singing on the tube is out of order anyway - no doubt I'm a big poof who should get out more, swearing in all walks of life blah blah blah: aye fine, well, don't claim you're better than the tims then, cause putting the frighteners on old women and kids is what I'd expect from them. And don't bother wasting your time denying it: if you don't realise how much it unnerves non-football fans you must, to coin a phrase I never thought I'd use, have yer heid in the sand.

It's this total failure to realise that some behaviour is (and always has been) anti-social and loutish that depresses me the most. 'I used to do it! What's the big deal?' Well, you shouldn't have done it on the bus then and I'm glad you're being stopped from doing it now! There's a time and a place...in your own home (assuming you don't give a fuck about your neighbours), at the game, in a lodge, wherever. On a tube? On a bus? It's not right and I would like very much to see it stopped.

The clubhas taken action against these 2 (very unlucky) fellas to hopefully jolt the rest of us into behaving in a civillised fashion when heading to the match. The club has taken this action to protect itself against sanction by BTP or govt. How would you feel if a ban came into place on football traffic on the tube between 2 and 3 on a Saturday? They can do it, and they probably would do it if Rangers FC stood by and did nothing.

It's pointless blaming it on GCC, the media, whoever. Behaving loutishly should not ever be acceptable to someone who is representing Rangers. As Capt Jack Sparrow put it so well, 'Gentlemen, look to your own fortunes.'

I at least salute the police (for once) for taking action; I salute Rangers for doing likewise. This is a societal issue, and unlike others who prefer to blow a wee tune on the penny whistle and look the other way, Rangers are attempting to change things for the better.

well andy is not a new thing, back in 1969-70 myself and my pal who was deaf and dumb went to celtic park to watch us against the scum. we got off the supporters bus and were making our way along to the ground, when all of a sudden we were grabbed by 2 policeman and arrested for breach of the police. when we got to the police station, the said we had been shouting loud and swearing which was just lies but they would not listen. i then explained that my pal was deaf and dumb, and you should have seen the look on their faces. they started speaking among themselves then came back and said he was making grunting noises and i had been swearing. we went to court with a top lawyer from the deaf and dumb society, but we were still foung guilty and fined, so dont believe every story you read, as some of the police are the biggest liars in the world.

In the case of the guy that is pleading not-guilty, it's irrelevant if Rangers have watched the video evidence. It's Rangers moral responsibility to protect it's paying customers until proven in a court of law if there has been a crime committed.

What Rangers have decided to do is circumvent the Judicial process and be the judge, jury and executioner.

What now, if the lad goes to court and is proven not-guilty?