Bougherra a doubt for tomorrow

Ibroxblue

RANGERS boss Walter Smith is sweating over the fitness of Madjid Bougherra ahead of the crucial SPL clash against Dundee United at Tannadice tomorrow.

Algerian stopper Bougherra picked up a thigh knock in training this morning at Murray Park and is rated as a doubt for the clash on Tayside.

Smith is hopeful that Bougherra will make the must-win game that can see the Light Blues cut Celtic's lead at the top to just one point before the champions host Hearts later in the day.

Smith said: "Madjid has a slight thigh problem, and we will see how he is in the morning, but I am optimistic he will play."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...r_magic_act.php

I hope he is fit to play, if he isn't don't knock big Lee, the couple of times he has played he hasn't done too badly even though this would be a bigger test for him.

Saying that though, if Whittaker is played at RB again then maybe Broadfoot will be given a start at CB, which is supposed to be his most natural position.

Blessing in disguise

Bougherra will just get battered about by United

McCulloch will get absolutely ripped to shreds - especially by the likes of Daly, Robertson and Conway!

I hope he is fit to play, if he isn't don't knock big Lee, the couple of times he has played he hasn't done too badly even though this would be a bigger test for him.

Saying that though, if Whittaker is played at RB again then maybe Broadfoot will be given a start at CB, which is supposed to be his most natural position.

Yep Broadfoot or Dailly should come in at CB if Bougherra's out.

Would you trust a defence of - Whittaker_Broadfoot_Weir_Papac or Whittaker/Broadfoot_McCulloch_Weir_Papac to do the buisness at Tannadice because I certainly wouldn't. A bombscare waiting to happen.

Dailly!!!! :ohmy:

Personaly speaking I think he is worse than Lee!

Walter might surprise us again and bring McMillan in for this one! :rolleyes:

I know that Bougherra was murder against United at ibrox, i know he was bullied for 2 goals against Hearts

That's why you know nothing about football.

The first Dundee United goal was all Broadfoot's fault.

Bougherra had his bearings, seen Broadfoot was running back into the position, Bougherra then went up and did well to win a 50-50 header against the Dundee United player, full expecting Broadfoot to be back in position this time.... but Broadfoot had stopped, making Majid's header appear like a loose one to no-one

McGregor and Weir were at fault for the other goals in that game ... and to be honest I'd say they were more at fault for the 2 goals at Tynecastle aswell.

Do you not see all the good things that the big man brings to the team? you obviously don't.

I could say you nothing either purely because i disagree with you doh

I would say you are blinded by this fantastic player you seem to think we have at centre half, hes a decent player but not as good as Cuellar, Boumsong or even Kyriagkos(when he had his head screwed on) were for us

I would say you are blinded by this fantastic player you seem to think we have at centre half, hes a decent player but not as good as Cuellar, Boumsong or even Kyriagkos(when he had his head screwed on) were for us

Well we will agree to disagree but I think you know nothing about football is you think his potential absence tommorow is a "blessing in disguise"

Dailly!!!! :ohmy:

Personaly speaking I think he is worse than Lee!

Walter might surprise us again and bring McMillan in for this one! :rolleyes:

Is Broadfoot not still on 'holiday' (rest period) as he would do ok there, if noot him it will be Lee McCollough - then we will find out if he is any good.

Bougherra is at least 10x better than Kyrgiakos.

He's been our best defender by an absolute mile this year. He'll be a monumental miss if he doesnt make it tomorrow.