Tonight's the Night

BallochBear

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

non speirs bit was very balanced and the good rev was allowed to make points, however spiers content was so biased and edited in such a way..muppet and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near ibrox. well done to the guys though who made decent points but were undone by some 5yr old acting as a journalist.

Just log on with your normal account BB and stop creating duplicates please.

BallochBear, how do you think it went? Again, I don't think a hatchet job on yourself is appropriate, you came across well, and your intentions were good. Do you think you did the right thing? Are you going to have a word with Mr "Spy-ers" about the program, as I believe you have contact with him?

If you treat one group of people differently from another, denying them rights you grant the other, purely because of their religion, then you are a sectarian bigot.

If you do the same on racial or national grounds, then you're a racist.

Spy-ers came across as a sectarian, racist bigot.

"It's time to go home" is yet another lie.

The Reverend is doing a good job.

Just another misrepresentation of what the big bad Rangers bigots sing :mad:

By the time they next try to stitch us up, they'll do a new youtube version, with new false lines murdering Irish people in their sleep.

Come now Oleg, surely if a football support was to sing about someone dying in their sleep, the police would take firm action? :rolleyes:

I was aware of that irony as I wrote it, but there are so many other cases.

Our piece was cut to hell, and tbh I expected that but if you noticed there were no smellik fans as they obviously are not fit for broadcast.

However at least we got in the bit about the murdering IRA and them being 5th generation t****.

What you and the Rangers fans said, especially the Rev was pretty much spot on. That was about two minutes of a 20 mins show

But you were warned not to do it.

If you still consider that bastard a friend after this, then God help you.

Our piece was cut to hell, and tbh I expected that but if you noticed there were no smellik fans as they obviously are not fit for broadcast.

However at least we got in the bit about the murdering IRA and them being 5th generation t****.

Sorry, mate.

You were stitched up.

As predicted, you were put in the situation of having to defend the so-called 'famine song' rather than explore the issue of sectarianism in the round.

As for editorial control, it strikes me that was entirely in his hands.

Spiers will only operate when he sets the agenda.

non speirs bit was very balanced and the good rev was allowed to make points, however spiers content was so biased and edited in such a way..muppet and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near ibrox. well done to the guys though who made decent points but were undone by some 5yr old acting as a journalist.

why dado do you think am BB?

Usual anti Rangers bile.

Findlay takes a 'forensic' view?

She 'forensically' thinks that it's OK for them to offend us but horible for us to offend them.

Anybody who took part should hang their heads in shame.

Yep,taking part in a programme that slammed Rangers from start to finnish. <cr>

Dado, it's not me, if you check you might find we are both on line at the same time so QED it's not me but I do like his comments.

:rolleyes:

Balloch Bear.

I hope you now realize that Spiers is a rotten piece of cancer.

This fucking show that went throughout the UK has basically said that pro IRA chants are political not sectarian or racist.

I'm now going to concentrate on the game tomorrow and erase this show from memory.

Of course there were Celtic fans - I counted 4.

Spiers unquestionably now supports Celtic, Findlay is the chairperson of the bigoted Celtic Supporters' Trust and the other two high profile catholics certainly are not neutral.

You should have had nothing to do with Graham Spiers, though thankfully this programme, again shows him to have nothing constructive to offer to the debate. Noihing whatsoever and the BBC network should be embrassed with this 'debate'.

Debate?

:D The bairns patronised in the school they visited would have coped better with the subject matter than the two professors wheeled out by Spiers.

Spiers: Rangers have a worse problems (again).

Fan/McQuarry: No we don't, please prove it.

Spiers: Erm.

Spiers: Let's examine the history and solutions offers.

SFA/fans: Improvements have been made.

Spiers: Erm, no they haven't.

Quality stuff.

Of course there were Celtic fans - I counted 4.

Spiers unquestionably now supports Celtic, Findlay is the chairperson of the bigoted Celtic Supporters' Trust and the other two high profile catholics certainly are not neutral.

You should have had nothing to do with Graham Spiers, though thankfully this programme, again shows him to have nothing constructive to offer to the debate. Noihing whatsoever and the BBC network should be embrassed with this 'debate'.

What I meant Frankie was "rank & file" supporters, they has someone from a supporters organisation, we didn't, there were church "leaders" from both sides and a professor from them. As I've said ad nausem we had the chance to get the "right" people involved but didn't.

My point all along was we should have had some input as the programme would have gone out irrespective of our involvement or not and then there may have been no mention of their IRA support or the other issues we did get aired.