Tonight's the Night

BallochBear

Just listened to this for the first time and for me, my biggest moan was the inclusion of Findlay, without the counter report on her own behaviour and beliefs.

I felt it was more balanced than previous attacks from Spiers, sorry Spires, and that the guys were RIGHT to have their say in the programme.

I am not entirely sure that anyone has sat down and had a full blown FACTUAL discussion with Mr Spires about the illegal(yep thats right) foundation of Celtic as a club, the nepotism and favours involved in the appointment of their historic first manager and their Sectarian Board policies until Fergus McCann came on the scene and stole a march on us as far as songs were concerned. Im not sure Mr Spires knows about the 2 deaths and 30+ arrests in the UEFA Cup run to Seville that somehow ended with an award and im not sure if Mr Spires can justify giving a supporter of a terrorist organisation, which IS illegal, a voice in a program about supposed illegal activity without taking her to task about her previous views on it being okay to sing IRA songs.

Im sure he is aware that Mr John Reid supported the introduction of a law which stated that anyone who voices support of a terrorist organisation can be imprisoned for 7 years but not sure he is aware that ironically enough, one of the very first victims of this new law was heavily connected to Mr Reid.

At a gathering of Muslims in Birmingham, Mr Reid told Muslim Parents to look out for the signs of brain-washing in their children, :rolleyes: in the fight against terrorism, 31 year old Muslim Abu Izzadeen interrupted the Home Secretary and launched into an angry tirade on him. As a supporter of Al Ghurabaa, a banned organisation, like the IRA, under the new Terrorism Act supported by Mr Reid, Izzadeen was arrested and later sentenced to 4 and a half years imprisonment.

I think he will be aware of the 2 recent landmark court cases involving the TFS and h** but Im unsure as to why he thinks its MORE offensive to tell one set to go home over the other.

Most of you are aware i dont buy into all the Protestant stuff, the Famine Song or BJK and some even call me Declan for my troubles, but all i ever ask for is equality, which is why i am considering an offer to meet Spires in January.

I appreciate people will say its a waste of time and that i shouldnt give him the time of day, however if i do it, it will be on my terms which is bascially off the record, head to head, and i would take a number of researched FACTUAL articles, in order to get to the bottom of why he thinks he can say "We are worse than them" My main goal in all of this is not to deny we have our troubles to seek but simply that there is a world out there he is either choosing to ignore or that he genuinely doesnt know about as people have not taken the time to set it all out for him.

It would be interesting to hear the views of the main protagonists of not speaking to him and also interesting to get any Spires articles that people have "stored" which he should be taken to task on.

:ph34r:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to this for the first time and for me, my biggest moan was the inclusion of Findlay, without the counter report on her own behaviour and beliefs.

I felt it was more balanced than previous attacks from Spiers, sorry Spires, and that the guys were RIGHT to have their say in the programme.

I am not entirely sure that anyone has sat down and had a full blown FACTUAL discussion with Mr Spires about the illegal(yep thats right) foundation of Celtic as a club, the nepotism and favours involved in the appointment of their historic first manager and their Sectarian Board policies until Fergus McCann came on the scene and stole a march on us as far as songs were concerned. Im not sure Mr Spires knows about the 2 deaths and 30+ arrests in the UEFA Cup run to Seville that somehow ended with an award and im not sure if Mr Spires can justify giving a supporter of a terrorist organisation, which IS illegal, a voice in a program about supposed illegal activity without taking her to task about her previous views on it being okay to sing IRA songs.

Im sure he is aware that Mr John Reid supported the introduction of a law which stated that anyone who voices support of a terrorist organisation can be imprisoned for 7 years but not sure he is aware that ironically enough, one of the very first victims of this new law was heavily connected to Mr Reid.

At a gathering of Muslims in Birmingham, Mr Reid told Muslim Parents to look out for the signs of brain-washing in their children, :rolleyes: in the fight against terrorism, 31 year old Muslim Abu Izzadeen interrupted the Home Secretary and launched into an angry tirade on him. As a supporter of Al Ghurabaa, a banned organisation, like the IRA, under the new Terrorism Act supported by Mr Reid, Izzadeen was arrested and later sentenced to 4 and a half years imprisonment.

I think he will be aware of the 2 recent landmark court cases involving the TFS and h** but Im unsure as to why he thinks its MORE offensive to tell one set to go home over the other.

Most of you are aware i dont buy into all the Protestant stuff, the Famine Song or BJK and some even call me Declan for my troubles, but all i ever ask for is equality, which is why i am considering an offer to meet Spires in January.

I appreciate people will say its a waste of time and that i shouldnt give him the time of day, however if i do it, it will be on my terms which is bascially off the record, head to head, and i would take a number of researched FACTUAL articles, in order to get to the bottom of why he thinks he can say "We are worse than them" My main goal in all of this is not to deny we have our troubles to seek but simply that there is a world out there he is either choosing to ignore or that he genuinely doesnt know about as people have not taken the time to set it all out for him.

It would be interesting to hear the views of the main protagonists of not speaking to him and also interesting to get any Spires articles that people have "stored" which he should be taken to task on.

Good post. I would meet him and put Jiminez (I Think?) points to him.

Like you im not overly interested in the protestant stuff and am honest enough to admit we have a section of braindead, bigoted morons within our support.

However Spiers offers no parity and like Keevins, has an agenda. I for one would like to see what he has got to say to those questions.

Nope. The title 'Defender of the Faith' was given to Henry VIII by the Pope, ironically as a reward for his treatise against Martin Luther. The English Sovereign has held the title ever since and it has nothing to do with Protestantism or the Reformation.

BTW....isn't your 'faith' Christianity?

I think you better let The Queen know, Briton. From the Royal website

In the United Kingdom, The Queen's title includes the words 'Defender of the Faith'.

In the United Kingdom, The Queen's title includes the words 'Defender of the Faith'.

This means Her Majesty has a specific role in both the Church of England and the Church of Scotland.

As far as I know, the CoE & CoS only represent Protestantism.

I'm sure she knows where the title comes from and what it means. Yes she is the head of the C of E, and the C of S while in Scotland, but those churches represent themselves, not Protestantism. Actually the idiot in line for the throne has talked of changing the title to Defender of Faith and is an admirer of that other despicable belief system, Islam.

What sect do you actually adhere to?

Nope. The title 'Defender of the Faith' was given to Henry VIII by the Pope, ironically as a reward for his treatise against Martin Luther. The English Sovereign has held the title ever since and it has nothing to do with Protestantism or the Reformation.

BTW....isn't your 'faith' Christianity?

I think you better let The Queen know, Briton. From the Royal website

This means Her Majesty has a specific role in both the Church of England and the Church of Scotland.

As far as I know, the CoE & CoS only represent Protestantism.

I'm sure she knows where the title comes from and what it means. Yes she is the head of the C of E, and the C of S while in Scotland, but those churches represent themselves, not Protestantism. Actually the idiot in line for the throne has talked of changing the title to Defender of Faith and is an admirer of that other despicable belief system, Islam.

What sect do you actually adhere to?

Her Majesty, the Queen is not head of the Church of Scotland, whether in or out of the country. The head of the Church of Scotland was, is, and shall always remain, Jesus Christ.

The only part the Queen plays is as a member of Crathie Kirk, she gets a vote for Elders and renewal of the Minister.

Her Majesty, the Queen is not head of the Church of Scotland, whether in or out of the country. The head of the Church of Scotland was, is, and shall always remain, Jesus Christ.

The only part the Queen plays is as a member of Crathie Kirk, she gets a vote for Elders and renewal of the Minister.

Fair enough but Christ, assuming he actually existed, died a couple of thousand years ago.

I think he will be aware of the 2 recent landmark court cases involving the TFS and HUN but Im unsure as to why he thinks its MORE offensive to tell one set to go home over the other.

I thought it was very racist of Reid to visit an Asian community and tell them that they had to watch their kids because it was highly likely that would be attracted to terrorism, probably before leaving for another rendition of "up the ***".

Fair enough but Christ, assuming he actually existed, died a couple of thousand years ago.

And then rose again.

Guest Andypendek

I look forward to seeing Mr S mentioning this as part of his campaign against such types in society...but of course, unless they are wearing blue it doesn't count. Really, it's such a load of balls.

I don't see how anyone could complain about you talking to him in an unofficial capacity, it's still a free country after all, and no one can tell you what you can and cannot do.

If any supporter wishes to have a discussion with him I believe more members on here than not, would prefer not to give him any platform on which he can pour out any more of his bile towards the Rangers support and justfy [in his eyes] a reason for his one sided arguments, and that IMO was soley the reason why so many posters on here tried to advise BB and his friends not to take part in that programme.

I for one do not find any satisfaction in being [iMO] proven correct over the way we were portrayed, and take offence at being called into question for airing my views, especially when I respect the right of others who thought it was a good idea to take part in a discussion with him on radio.