Dailly out?

swanseabear

Christian Dailly comes only second to Graeme Smith in the 'waste of a weekly wage' stakes.

Seriously, another 6 months? Just why?

Old pals act - cheap option, lack of knowledge of footballers....

Tbf to Dailly, he trains hard and does a lot of travelling. A very good professional but a crap footballer.

I was devestated when we signed him and I actually thought he may have featured more.

Christian Dailly comes only second to Graeme Smith in the 'waste of a weekly wage' stakes.

Old pals act - cheap option, lack of knowledge of footballers....

Tbf to Dailly, he trains hard and does a lot of travelling. A very good professional but a crap footballer.

I was devestated when we signed him and I actually thought he may have featured more.

You're right. I've actually met him a few times and he's a lovely guy. He's always had time for the fans.

Giving him a new deal was totally pointless, though. I remember when Smith first came in, i predicted that we would sign Graham Alexander and Christian Dailly at one point, hey, i got one right.

Cheers for Lisbon and Athens, Christian, but your time is well and truly up.

Wasn't he the one that flipped out after a Scotland match under Vogts? I think there's a youtube clip of that somewhere...

It has to be said that he was a short term fix, but we surely need to be looking at players that can last a bit longer.

Wasn't he the one that flipped out after a Scotland match under Vogts? I think there's a youtube clip of that somewhere...

It has to be said that he was a short term fix, but we surely need to be looking at players that can last a bit longer.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BeXhoCNqJJQ&...feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OJabnKTN0&...feature=related

When we got him in January last year. Ok a could understand a player who can play many positions he will act as cover and come in handy as we were still fighting on four fronts.

BUT WHY THE FUCK DID WE GIVE HIM ANOTHER CONTRACT THIS YEAR.

He has played agaisnt Kaunas and fucked that up for us

and a think he started an spl game a while back.

Walter needs to a w w awd sfg i dunno

Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder is weighing up a move for Rangers veteran Christian Dailly or Celtic's Darren O'Dea after losing John Kennedy to surgery.

Sportsmail understands the Carrow Road boss has made inquiries about both players over the past few days.

Norwich, struggling in the Championship relegation battle, were forced to cut short Kennedy's loan spell in mid-December so he could return to Celtic for a minor knee operation.

Now Roeder wants another central defender to bolster his small squad and he knows Dailly well, having worked with him at West Ham.

The veteran defender's Ibrox wages could be a problem, though, while Gordon Strachan is believed to be swithering on whether to let O'Dea leave on loan during Kennedy's recovery period.

Strachan has Glenn Loovens to cover for regular central defenders Gary Caldwell and Stephen McManus but wants more security - and that might make it difficult for O'Dea to depart.

Kennedy is not expected to be fully fit until the end of January, so O'Dea may have to wait until the final days of the mid-winter window to see if he has the green light from Strachan to seek more regular football elsewhere, even though he has featured in Celtic's last two games.

Meanwhile, Rangers have been told only a hard cash offer would tempt IFK Gothenburg to part with defender Mattias Bjarsmyr.

The Sweden Under-21 player, rated in excess of £1million, has been linked with the Ibrox club as they seek centre-back reinforcement during the transfer window.

Other potential defensive targets for Walter Smith include Sporting Lisbon's Tonel and Martin Stranzl of Spartak Moscow.

The priority, however, is to cut fringe players from the squad, with Leeds United leading Wolves and Blackpool in the hunt for Alan Gow after his loan spell at Bloomfield Road.

Rangers remain adamant they have no intention of losing Madjid Bougherra this month, despite reported interest from Marseille and Newcastle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...a.html?ITO=1490

What? we have Edu on the books.....

Lets face it Edu will never get a shot, hopefully we can regain some of that 2.5 million quid we wasted on him...

Gawd who knows the lad could have been a decent player...