Steven Gerrard - the most popular player in England?

Danny

I don't think I have ever seen a single negative word about Gerrard in the British press?

For a media who routinely build up their heroes then knock them down, Gerrard is one player who seems to be regarded as a hero no matter what team you support.

Why is he so immune to criticism?

Is he a perfect footballer and a perfect person?

Gerrard arrested in assault probe

England and Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard has been arrested following an alleged assault.

The incident happened at about 0230 GMT at a pub in Southport. Six men were detained later in a nearby street.

The men, four from Huyton, one from Formby and one from Litherland, remain in police custody.

A 34-year-old man from Southport was taken to hospital with facial injuries which are not believed to be life threatening.

The men from Huyton are aged 33, 31, 29 and 19. A 28-year-old from Formby and an 18-year-old from Litherland are also being questioned.

Gerrard, 28, is Liverpool captain and scored twice in his team's 5-1 victory over Newcastle on Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7802932.stm

England and Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard has been arrested following an alleged assault.

The incident happened at about 0230 GMT at a pub in Southport. Six men were detained later in a nearby street.

The men, four from Huyton, one from Formby and one from Litherland, remain in police custody.

A 34-year-old man from Southport was taken to hospital with facial injuries which are not believed to be life threatening.

The men from Huyton are aged 33, 31, 29 and 19. A 28-year-old from Formby and an 18-year-old from Litherland are also being questioned.

Gerrard, 28, is Liverpool captain and scored twice in his team's 5-1 victory over Newcastle on Sunday.

:lol:

I jinxed the bastard.

Priceless :D

I jinxed the bastard.

couldn't of happened to a nicer fella.

I jinxed the bastard.

Your next task is to start threads about every Gers player you want rid of and see if it works also! :D

I jinxed the bastard.

Your next task is to start threads about every Gers player you want rid of and see if it works also! :D

(tu)

He's so well-liked because he always gives 120% for the team in every match, is not a money grabbing bassa and makes his name on the back pages, not the front ones (except from last night :lol: )

Yup.

He does what every fuckin player playing in a gers shit should do. Give 120% every fuckin game.

He's a fantastic player and a great captian.

I don't give a shit about what players do off the park. It's what they do on the park that matters. We're all human, people go out, get pished and sometimes get into fights.

The other day i watched his new DVD - "Steven gerrard - Centurion" released to mark his 100th goal for the club.

Was a great thing to watch, i was engrossed in it. The majority of his goals he scored are spectacular ones that you could watch again and again.

I will never forget watching the champions league final with AC Milan when Liverpool came back from 3 down aswell, Gerrard was immense in that game.

Then his equaliser in the FA cup a year later in the last few minutes, a volley from about 35 yards - peach!

Doesnt come across as if he has too much personality in the dvd either, quiet laid back and appreciates he is a footballer.

God knows what he got up to last night and ended up in the nick for lol - must have got carried away with being top of the league for new year with probably the best chance Liverpool have to win it for a long long time. Be a shame if he f*cks it up cos hes in the nick!