David Healy

Ibroxblue

Rangers are considering making a loan move for Northern Ireland hero David Healy.

The Sunderland striker is one of a number of names on an Ibrox hit-list as Walter Smith attempts to improve a squad that has fallen seven points behind Celtic in the Scottish Premier League title race.

Smith is interested in bringing Aberdeen striker Lee Miller and Hearts right-back Robbie Nielson to the club on a permanent basis, but the Gers boss must sell before he can buy in a major clear-out, therefore at the moment is weighing up loan deals.

And that’s where Healy comes in. The 29-year-old has been linked previously with a move to Rangers when he was in the middle of that record breaking scoring run for Northern Ireland in the 2008 European Championship qualifying campaign.

Last year the Glasgow giants signed two of Healy’s international team-mates, Steve Davis and Kyle Lafferty. It would be quite a hat-trick if they recruited Healy, even if it was on a temporary basis.

At present though all Healy, who has scored 35 goals for his country, is concerned with is playing on a more regular basis for Sunderland.

Since signing for the Black Cats, he has endured a frustrating time, sitting on the sidelines, although he did make a return to first team duty last weekend, coming on as a substitute in the 3-0 Premier League defeat at Everton.

Tomorrow Sunderland host Bolton in the third round of the FA Cup and the Killyleagh man is hoping to be involved.

Writing in his Belfast Telegraph column today, Healy said: “I want to play for Sunderland more in 2009.

“I was delighted to join Sunderland from Fulham in the summer because it is such a big club with a passionate support, but I have not played nearly as much as I had hoped.

“I was pleased to come off the bench for 15 minutes against Everton last Sunday, although losing the game 3-0 wasn’t in the script.

“It had been a while since I played in the first team and it was great to get a game again.

“I don’t want to just be playing a game every two or three weeks though.

“My aim is to be involved all the time.

“Hopefully I will be involved in our FA Cup tie at the week end against Bolton.”

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...y-14127273.html

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mibbe a chance he wud play his best for us too, got the lot but dont really show it down south. fuck me a signing that we could have already had, better late than never

What has he done at Fulham and Scumderland to show that he'd be a good signing for us, even at Leeds he was a dissapointment - I couldn't give a fcuk if he's a big Rangers man, he's simply not good enough inho.

I'm not a Boyd fan but I'd take him over Healy every day of the week. Why not give Lafferty a shot in his proper position?

What has he done at Fulham and Scumderland to show that he'd be a good signing for us, even at Leeds he was a dissapointment - I couldn't give a fcuk if he's a big Rangers man, he's simply not good enough inho.

I'm not a Boyd fan but I'd take him over Healy every day of the week. Why not give Lafferty a shot in his proper position?

As you say, at club level he's been poor.

All i can think of is SDM, Walter and Ally thinking, lets get Healy in to take the pressure off us and boost shirt sales.

Where does he fit in, unless Boyd is out the door.

His he not more a kenny Miller type player than Boyd

Unless Novo or some other players go there is no point in him

Walter will never drop Miller, the only place he would fit in would be in place of Boyd.

If he did sign him David Healy is not going to sit on the bench.

Guest The Brown Brogue

He can fuck off, dont care if he's a Rangers fan or not, his goalscoring record at club level is atrocious and I can't see why that would change with us given the number of clubs he has flopped at.

We'd be better off keeping Novo.